Display Your Collections...

Emerson! You have a Cotobye Ride Armor! :) Haha! Any idea what Cotobye means by the way?

Thats the Korean Ride Armor with red arms and missiles :) I've thought about picking up one myself since it has shooting missiles :) I've also wondered if its 100% bootleg or possibly lisenced by Gakken like the Lansay Mospeada stuff...

Thats the Korean Ride Armor with red arms and missiles :) I've thought about picking up one myself since it has shooting missiles :) I've also wondered if its 100% bootleg or possibly lisenced by Gakken like the Lansay Mospeada stuff...

Oh haha. I'm not even sure. My brothers and I have had these Ride Armors since the mid-80's. I know the two in front were Gakken releases, but the "naked" guy in back with the red arms....I have no idea where he even came from haha.

Oh haha. I'm not even sure. My brothers and I have had these Ride Armors since the mid-80's. I know the two in front were Gakken releases, but the "naked" guy in back with the red arms....I have no idea where he even came from haha.

Here's one from ebay a few years ago:

IPB Image

IPB Image

How much does one of those ride armours go for anyway? Id love to own one, but i can only IMAGINE what it would cost...

Depends...

A loose complete one will run you $70 to $90 on Ebay and a mint Japanese boxed version $250 to $350 :) It just depends on what you're looking for :)

You can priobably spend $50 and piece together a loose one from mulitple auctions if you really want. Thats where my first one came from :p

Here's what I like to think of as a few highlights of my collection. Unfortunately, apartment living offers me only so much space right now, but when I get a house (and consequently, my man room) I'll probably be able to showcase a little more. Obviously, it's a little heavy on the Transformers since I didn't discover Yamato toys until my friend Zeta_Otaku sold me his YF-21, but since then I've been hooked.

IPB Image

Edited by Dio

Excellent collection emerson! What makes it extra special are those minty takakotu!! :blink: Saw that you have the latest GFF #1001 Rx-78 Ver Ka added to your collection.

The Metal Composite RX-78-2 is nice, but it seems somewhat soul-less. I can't put my finger on it. The Arch Enemy RX-78-2 just has more "personality." And the two Metal Material Gundams from Seed just ooze heavy metal quality. I was hoping the Metal Composite RX-78-2 would be more like the MMM's...freezing to the touch on a cold winter's day..., but it really just does seem to be just a bigger, cleaner FIX figure.

Dang Emerson. What a badazz gundam collection! I love the way gundams look - the toys, the models. I only wish I could get into the anime. But yeesh, what a collection. If I had all that my kid would have a seizure.

wow Alain d Macross addiction is starting to get into u!!! great hauls pre!!!

yes pre! hehehe....mine are DYRL's collection, although the LV's are impressive, will just have to pass them for the meantime, for reasons that they are not on the movie. maybe in the future. :rolleyes:

Is that how they packed it?? I use HLJ all the time, and usually get some form of packaging material thrown in.

Way to go on the collection....looks like you're ramping up QUICK haha.

yes there is a packaging material in between the boxes. in my case a plastic bag. the boxes inside are in perfect condtion, no dents or damage trace during shipment.

hehehe mine is nothing compare to yours. awesome collection you have. well in the near future these valks will rival my Formula one diecast car collection here :)

although will have to stick with VF-1's, as these are the valks that I truly love. its their close similarity to the now retired F-14 Tomcats, which happens to be my favorite Jet.

you now have a full blown valkaholism...... :lol:

yes pre! hehehe....mine are DYRL's collection, although the LV's are impressive, will just have to pass them for the meantime, for reasons that they are not on the movie. maybe in the future. :rolleyes:

although will have to stick with VF-1's, as these are the valks that I truly love. its their close similarity to the now retired F-14 Tomcats, which happens to be my favorite Jet.

That's what I thought when I started collecting, but then the VF-0S came along and I said to myself 'It's not a VF-1, but it looks a lot like it, I'll just get one' And then the VF-0A came along and I 'liked it even more than the VF-0S... and now I have the VF-0A/GB, YF-19/FB and the SV-51 on pre-order... :mellow:

You must resist the tempation or you'll go off the deep end like the rest of us!!! Turn away while you still can! Just run!! Run Forrest, run!

:p

I think that soundwave is a custom from a 20th prime. Correct me if I'm wrong dood!

Correct. It's my "Masterpiece Soundwave" I made a few years back. I would be remiss not to allow him a spot among my favorites ;)

That's what I thought when I started collecting, but then the VF-0S came along and I said to myself 'It's not a VF-1, but it looks a lot like it, I'll just get one' And then the VF-0A came along and I 'liked it even more than the VF-0S... and now I have the VF-0A/GB, YF-19/FB and the SV-51 on pre-order... :mellow:

You must resist the tempation or you'll go off the deep end like the rest of us!!! Turn away while you still can! Just run!! Run Forrest, run!

:p

Dante, your basicaly right! maybe in the not so distant future I can expand to the YF-19 and VF-OS models hehe. still have to exhaust the VF-1's for the meantime.

The problem is, I can no longer resist, its in my bloodstream now, burried deep inside my system. so there is no turning back :ph34r:

Correct. It's my "Masterpiece Soundwave" I made a few years back. I would be remiss not to allow him a spot among my favorites ;)

Does he Transform? Dude, show us some close up pics of that!!!

Alain, some nice additions there. The Kakizaki valk is on my list as well.

Does he Transform? Dude, show us some close up pics of that!!!

Full gallery available at Transtopia

I'd honestly love to get into customizing valk toys, I just haven't felt justified in repainting something so pricey yet (especially with the amount of time I have to spare lately, for that sort of thing I'd probably end up rushing it). Irony being, I work for an aircraft customizer :wacko:

[Alain, some nice additions there. The Kakizaki valk is on my list as well.

Thanks! yeah, the collection will not be complete without him :)

thought id post my collection

unfrtuantly its not a lot as im mainly a transformers collector ! and have only just started getting into macross but this is all i have at the moment, luckliy i got a little shelf out of the spare room to diplay some items, but the rest of my transformers are in boxes being stored

well heres my macross collection :D

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and a couple of transformers

IPB Image

i will be ordering next week the 1/60 scale vf-1d, max and miriya fast pack aswell and hopefully a my 1st 1/48 stealth with fast and strike pack :D

plus got a few more coming from emerson which i carnt wait to arrive

carnt wait to get biiger shelves so i can have my collection on proper display

hope you like

sorry if the pics are big, if anyone can resize them then i would be grateful

:D

Edited by RichyX