Display Your Collections...

Since both of the larger planes are in 1-48 scale they really go together well & it allows me to combine both of my collections. I can't wait until later this week when I get my Low-Vis Woodland Camo VF-1A so I can display it with my Armour 1-48 Robin Olds F-4.

post-289-1168245119_thumb.jpg

Edited by rdenham

A couple of years ago I had the chance to get a display case from an acquaintance that worked at an electronics store. They were refurnishing the store and were getting new store display cabinets. It had 1 cm thick glass and was about 1.5 m wide and 2 m high. I didn't collect toys back then and it was heavy as hell and much too big to drag up two flights of stairs so I passed and let my father in law have it.

Every time I see that display cabinet I feel like kicking myself...

Edited by Dante74

dafunguy, great job on finding that link. After the request for were this curio could be found I went on line looking for it and came up with nothing. If my memory serves me right Ashley made this curio; I used to have an official promo picture for the curio; however I can't find it anymore.

Edited by rdenham

LOL Kyp, that almost looks like the type of picture someone takes of their pets.

:lol:

Yeah, it is amazing just how small the Legioss is compaire to the other two. I love all three equally. The YF-19 is much more solid than the VF-0S and about on par with the Legioss in fighter mode.

-Kyp

It's pics like those that remind you that the Legioss is REALLY small. Even at 1/48 scale (or 1/55 if you believe Toynami), that thing is still dwarfed by the 1/60 VF-0S and YF-19

True. But I'm sure the 1/60 VF-1 would get dwarfed too, if it were added to the mix.

Also, I think if we were ever to connect the Legioss to its "big brother"/back-up, it'd probably even things up a little bit in the size comparison. ;)

True. But I'm sure the 1/60 VF-1 would get dwarfed too, if it were added to the mix.

Also, I think if we were ever to connect the Legioss to its "big brother"/back-up, it'd probably even things up a little bit in the size comparison. ;)

Let's go find where they keep those prototypes at and take them for ourselves!!! Muhahahaha!!! :p:ph34r:

Seriously, they really need to make them... :( I thought about buying a blue Legioss just in case, but since it looks like Toynami is going back on it's plan, I guess I won't bother. :(

-Kyp

• 2 weeks later...

actually its silver chalk on stealth :D .. i scraped the silver chalked into powder using a hobby knife then i mixed it with alil bit water and liquid soap to make it thick mixture.. then i apply on the lines using a fine brush leave to dry then use a damp facial tissues or cutton buds to remove excess... :D

actually its silver chalk on stealth :D .. i scraped the silver chalked into powder using a hobby knife then i mixed it with alil bit water and liquid soap to make it thick mixture.. then i apply on the lines using a fine brush leave to dry then use a damp facial tissues or cutton buds to remove excess... :D

WOW! That's a heck of a process!

One other question, and this is probably a NUB question, so pardon me. How did you get the original emblem off the left wing so that you could replace it with the stealth emblem?

yeah.. its a heck of process but i think its better cos those silver lines can be removed easily...

i didnt remove the original emblem off the left wing i just cut the sticker into size and paste it over carefully.. :p neat trick ah... :lol:

Thanks for the tip. I'm ordering some Takatoys stickers for my Stealth (hopefully) and that looks much better than the red emblem.

So i changed my living room and bedroom

What i really need though is new TV and Stand but

I keep getting Macross and SOC stuff instead LOL

Edited by Macross73

*laughing* wall of shame, huh? I move into a new house (5 bedroom!) in a couple weeks, up from a two bedroom apartment. I'm debating exactly if/and/or/what I'm going to display from my rather extensive collection of macross goodies. (We're going to have a lot of people over all the time from now on... mostly my wife's family members) But screw people's opinions; my new YF-19 goes up where everyone can see it because Isamu and I share the same last name, damnit.

*laughing* wall of shame, huh? I move into a new house (5 bedroom!) in a couple weeks, up from a two bedroom apartment. I'm debating exactly if/and/or/what I'm going to display from my rather extensive collection of macross goodies. (We're going to have a lot of people over all the time from now on... mostly my wife's family members) But screw people's opinions; my new YF-19 goes up where everyone can see it because Isamu and I share the same last name, damnit.

I like displaying my stuff, I just wish i had more space for it all. Meanwhile everything is safe behind the glass. I'm gonna have to get rid of the stuff thats not Macross and SOC related.

wow, so out of all that, you have only one vintage macross toy? How much did you pay for that elintseeker? You planning on displaying it?

Yep thats all . I started collecting late in the game.

i think it was about 250-300 i cant recall. I'll display some day when i have more space to put up the 1/55 i

have

Edit: The VE-1 is not mint the package has a tear

and when i got it the not all of the armor was there.

But i was just glad to get it. Thanks to NMB4 I now

have armor to go with it. :)

Edited by Macross73