Display Your Collections...

To start this off, I wanted to display my VF-19a (game edition). I love that blue color. And it is a major improvement over the previous versions of the Yamato 19. Such as, no more metal on metal hinges (chipped paint), stronger hips (which plaged the first and second edition), stronger and better joints in the arms, and knees.

Just look at it. Damn. Why hasn't yamato come out with a FP version?

I bet they will. This is going to be a HUGE year for Yamato. Probably the biggest release year of Macross they ever had. Almost every variation of the 1/48 is or will be reissued, the 0 release, and the LV2 and Stealth valks...and that's just what we know about!!!

Anyway, I'd love to see what you guys have to display.

post-2478-1144262271_thumb.jpg

post-2478-1144262291_thumb.jpg

post-2478-1144262309_thumb.jpg

post-2478-1144262324_thumb.jpg

I think the toy looks good but for me the best 1/72 was the vf11 fp

-Light (mainly plastic except for legs - I bitched a lot about paint chipping on yf21fp so ever since then I have been a plastic whore)

-easy to play with (won't fall apart when you put it upside down)

-the greyish color looks cool

-gunpod can be attached underneath. (even the bandai mac 7 one had this...if you shaved off some plastic on the gunpod handle so it would sit close to the body)

-easy to pose in any mode with stiff ratched joints (unlike the yf21 with floppy limb and dangerous gerwalk mode)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 2 months later...

The AT-AT is the lego kit but the Moster is a custom lego that I came up with. Very heavy and not user friendly but it really gets the looks. All the lego Valks are in my office.

Edited by Fly4victory

• 3 weeks later...
Finally picked up a glass cabinet from Ikea to display my humble collection. Nothing rare or of particular interest other than perhaps my Transformable lego Optimus. I'm pretty pleased with the cabinet and plan on getting more.

Bigger Pic: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/CrazyCan...go/img_0665.jpg

collection.jpg

413342[/snapback]

Dude, I love the NB4Xmas and Corpse Bride stuff on top. But I would recommend you take a look at the Jun Planning Co., items. The McFarlane and Neca items are ok, but once you begin to collect Jun, it's a whole new ball game.

Nice collection!

Nice collection F-ZeroOne!!!  I really, really am liking the glass display cabinet look.  May have to look into one for myself!

:)

407703[/snapback]

Sorry for the tardy reply - only just seen this. I got the cabinet at a "Homebase" store in the UK, don't know if you might be able to get the exact model in the US. I will warn you, theres a slight gap in the doors, so dust still gets in. And the glass backing does make it hard to get a photo without adding yourself to the collection!

Dude, I love the NB4Xmas and Corpse Bride stuff on top. But I would recommend you take a look at the Jun Planning Co., items. The McFarlane and Neca items are ok, but once you begin to collect Jun, it's a whole new ball game.

Nice collection!

413416[/snapback]

My Girlfriend will be glad to hear that. The NB4xmas and Corpse Bride stuff is hers. I'll have to look into the Jun Planning stuff. Never hurts to have a few gifts in reserve. ;)

Nice V-Gundam, is that the 1/60 scale?

413420[/snapback]

Yeah, that V-Gundam is 1/60. In fact that was the main reason I bought it.

Well, not much on display at the moment, but we finally moved into our first home - no more apartment living. I brought all my toys / model kits from my childhood to present day out, and will hopefully get to unpack them and set up some cool displays soon. Guess I'm gonna need a few shelves... Not including the stuff in boxes (mostly my 1/48 yammies), and loose stuff, I've got 41 totes packed full of model kits and toys. After seeing what happenned to Gobotfool, I'm going to have to catalog everything and get it on my insurance.....

The Macross section:

post-3041-1152541698_thumb.jpg

post-3041-1152541739_thumb.jpg

Some finished kits:

post-3041-1152541771_thumb.jpg

post-3041-1152541801_thumb.jpg

Some GI Joe stuff in desperate need of cleaning and TLC after spending more than a decade above my parent's garage:

post-3041-1152541838_thumb.jpg

Some Star Wars stuff, and a tote choc full of old school transformers and gobots:

post-3041-1152541932_thumb.jpg

My other fleet:

post-3041-1152542200_thumb.jpg

Edited by RT junkie

Finally picked up a glass cabinet from Ikea to display my humble collection. Nothing rare or of particular interest other than perhaps my Transformable lego Optimus. I'm pretty pleased with the cabinet and plan on getting more.

Bigger Pic: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/CrazyCan...go/img_0665.jpg

collection.jpg

413342[/snapback]

Beautiful!

Well, not much on display at the moment, but we finally moved into our first home  - no more apartment living.  I brought all my toys / model kits from my childhood to present day out, and will hopefully get to unpack them and set up some cool displays soon.  Guess I'm gonna need a few shelves...  Not including the stuff in boxes (mostly my 1/48 yammies), and loose stuff, I've got 41 totes packed full of model kits and toys.  After seeing what happenned to Gobotfool, I'm going to have to catalog everything and get it on my insurance.....

The Macross section:

post-3041-1152541698_thumb.jpg

post-3041-1152541739_thumb.jpg

Some finished kits:

post-3041-1152541771_thumb.jpg

post-3041-1152541801_thumb.jpg

Some GI Joe stuff in desperate need of cleaning and TLC after spending more than a decade above my parent's garage:

post-3041-1152541838_thumb.jpg

Some Star Wars stuff, and a tote choc full of old school transformers and gobots:

post-3041-1152541932_thumb.jpg

My other fleet:

post-3041-1152542200_thumb.jpg

414844[/snapback]

I think you win.

Hi All!

here's mine! 2 new toys came in today. I got my new VF-0S (finally!!!) and my Voltron Lion force toys.

it's amazing both of these toys are, but had a bit of a problem transforming the new VF-0S, it's a bit complicated compared to the VF-1, personally that is in my opinion, but overall it's a great toy!

Snooze

post-3177-1152567304_thumb.jpg

post-3177-1152567335_thumb.jpg

post-3177-1152567356_thumb.jpg

I see a low vis in the pic with the R/C planes.

You're not gonna throw that of the roof and see if it'll fly are you? ;)

Great collection. Can't wait to see it displayed!

414924[/snapback]

Nah. I've got a few MPCs if I ever need to fulfill that urge :lol: .

Here's my Robotech/Macross collection. I have lots of loose stuff packed away as well.

415038[/snapback]

Very cool. I like those space-marines! Did you paint those yourself? Are they space-wolves? (I used to play warhammer wwwAY back in the day! I'm amazed at how huge its gotten... wish I had all my old eldar and chaos paint jobs)

Man... when I work up the courage to take pics of the stuff I've got I'll post them I swear. I'm just stuck on whether or not I want to go through the hassle of removing stuff from boxes. My stuff isn't rare or all that cool, but you can't go wrong with anything that has to do with macross. ;)

It's also tempting to post my Berserk toys... my freaking Zodd PVC cost me 600 dollars.