Auctions Of Great Absurdity Thread V2.0

44 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

You have got to be kidding me.

And this thing retailed for ~23,000?

Apparently the combination of one of the best engineered valkyries ever, an alternate (more popular) paintscheme and wing profile, and surprise stock shortages can cause swift and ridiculous price increases. I bought one used for ¥33,000 and consider that to have been a good deal.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Buddhais said:

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

And still charge for shipping fee? Yup, he's smoking something. :lol:

$15 expidited shipping from Japan, 60 day returns, 97% positive feedback rating, and even offers a payment plan!!

So his price is a little high......what about all the positives!! :rolleyes:

But yeah...dude's high as a kite! :drinks:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dx-Chogokin-Macross-Vf-31A-Kairos-General-Machine-Authentic/194038206478?hash=item2d2d94100e:g:EwsAAOSwRTNgd1l5

Am I missing something here?  I would like to get one of these but that price is one I would never pay.  I don't get it, who would pay that?  It's not like its a vintage toy.  I'm sure it's limited but it seems like there's enough of them for sale that it's not THAT rare.

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Age of the toy does not always equate to high value

True.  I just don't get the astronomical price.  It's not like it's that rare an item.  There seems to be a decent amount for sale on the secondary market as well which would rule out supply/demand to an extent.  I can understand it being more than the original cost and maybe being a little more than the other VF-31's but that seems a little absurd.  

6 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

True.  I just don't get the astronomical price.  It's not like it's that rare an item.  There seems to be a decent amount for sale on the secondary market as well which would rule out supply/demand to an extent.  I can understand it being more than the original cost and maybe being a little more than the other VF-31's but that seems a little absurd.  

Yeah..sellers are free to list at whatever "asking" price they want.....but the only price that really matters is the market price....

4 month average "sold" price on the open market is currently at 47,900 JPY...add proxy fees and International shipping and you are looking close to 500ish USD shipped

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?va=VF-31A&b=1&n=100&auccat=&tab_ex=commerce&ei=utf-8&aq=-1&oq=&sc_i=&exflg=&p=VF-31A+DX&x=0&y=0

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Yeah..sellers are free to list at whatever "asking" price they want.....but the only price that really matters is the market price....

4 month average "sold" price on the open market is currently at 47,900 JPY...add proxy fees and International shipping and you are looking close to 500ish USD shipped

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?va=VF-31A&b=1&n=100&auccat=&tab_ex=commerce&ei=utf-8&aq=-1&oq=&sc_i=&exflg=&p=VF-31A+DX&x=0&y=0

That's about what I would expect.  Thanks for the link. :good:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...