Auctions Of Great Absurdity Thread V2.0

Might not be, but look at the leg where the intake is - parts are yellowed next to parts that are not, so it's possible that the parts came from different toys. Also I don't think jetfire had a blacked out canopy

How can this be a Macross ice shaver? At least put on the kite or SMS logo on it. Or is it because it's pink it must be a Sheryl edition.

Yes...if it includes a stand and fast packs it devalues it by up to $4,800! :)

also i love the "child's bid" warning! it's like he knows that someone can buy this only by mistake ! even if he offered it at a good price i would still avoid a seller who sounds like they are out to pick a fight.

:lol:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c3ed5f5b0

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35092

So who "borrowed" my pics and more importantly, do I get a cut of the sale? :rolleyes:

LOL OMG, this is too funny. But on a good note if your still missing the VF-1s Strike Gerwalk, it in there. SMH, some people...and this is why I buy all my stuff from you guys on this board.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Robotech-Super-Veritech-VF-1S-/171238372556?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item27de9a34cc

This auction's price listing isn't too absurd, but what I do find absurd is that someone thought it'd be worth it to bootleg a Toynami toy. :lol:

haha i have one of those, i had to.. it was so dumb

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1618032.html

who wants to pick this up

Do yourself a favor and steer clear of the Toynami MPC VF-1 toys. These days your money is way better spent elsewhere.

oh yeah for sure, my brother is a huge Robotech collector, he has several of the MPC, and would like to complete his collection i was going to offer $400 shipped for his xmas gift this year.. I am more of a Macross (and mospeada) guy

• 2 weeks later...

oh yeah for sure, my brother is a huge Robotech collector, he has several of the MPC, and would like to complete his collection i was going to offer $400 shipped for his xmas gift this year.. I am more of a Macross (and mospeada) guy

For $400, maybe you could try getting him a vf-25 bandai renewal or a yamato vf-1 off mandarake? Pretty sure $400 will land you with at least 3 better-made & higher quality valks...aaand..maybe he'll 'convert' to Macross? :D

Edited : just realized that the link was for 5 valks! Anyways, I'd still stay clear of MPC..even as a gift to a robotech fan! :p

Edited by aaajin

I actually gave them (both my brothers) all my v1 yamatos vf-1's to set up a fun display back home, with some robotech battlepods and a 1/60 queadluun-rau. So far i have 3 vf-1 v2 yamatos from this forum and mandarake for me =)

As for him though, he just wants to complete his books, gotta admit it was a cool concept with those tho.

For $400, maybe you could try getting him a vf-25 bandai renewal or a yamato vf-1 off mandarake? Pretty sure $400 will land you with at least 3 better-made & higher quality valks...aaand..maybe he'll 'convert' to Macross? :D

Edited : just realized that the link was for 5 valks! Anyways, I'd still stay clear of MPC..even as a gift to a robotech fan! :p

Everything that is chrome seems to carry a premium. The Lego Star Wars chrome minifigures are highly coveted and expensive too. I think Chrome Vader and Stormtrooper are especially cool.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Set-of-9-Yamato-1-60-Macross-Zero-Valkyrie-Shin-Roy-Nora-Ivanov-Ghost-Mass-/251517285668?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

All NEW, UNOPENED Yamato 1/60 Macross Zero Valkyries Set of Nine.
Most of these valkyries are being sold at $350+ (simply compare prices on ebay)! You are getting a great deal buying them as a set! If you buy this entire set and sell them individually, you'll can make quite some money!
All bought directly from Japan; Japanese version. Sealed and stored in humidity controlled environment. You are buying from a collector, and as such, they are kept in collector condition.
I have to sell my collection; my loss, your gain.

Guy selling Zero Valks that go for around $220 each including shipping, asking $3000 for 9.

I think $2,000 shipped would be a going rate deal, but still not tempting in the least.

I don't understand why people bundle and think they can get more, unless it's a rare collection... you'd think for moving all that at once you'd put them on sale.

Edited by Gakken85

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...