Auctions Of Great Absurdity Thread V2.0

Ahhh yessss...hookers and blow... Oh sorry, wandered off there for a second. It seems that some of these EBay sellers are clearly hooked on the latter given what they're charging.

Edited by Deadeye_281

Seriously if that one for $2K sells then I'm putting mine on eBay 30 seconds later. I hate the gouging on Macross items because its what I love, but all BS asides money talks.

I feel dirty now, but hey.

-b.

I LOVE the name of the first seller. The GoodSamaritan !!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Hey he's doing you the favor of offering you his super rare Valk.

On the other hand the second seller must be as high as his name states.

Hey he's doing you the favor of offering you his super rare Valk.

On the other hand the second seller must be as high as his name states.

I think the second seller has been discussed before, and the conclusion was that if you buy from him you get the Akita puppy together with the item. :p

Those are actually quite rare. Out of the package with missing parts typically pulls $500 with free shipping. This may not be worth $3500 but it's definitely up there. This is only the second one of these I've seen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamato-112-Armored-Trooper-Votoms-Scope-Dog-Figure-6e1-/161030267491

$1,320.00

+ 54.00 shipping.

I wonder if these Japanese stores think were all hicks. Even a package that big is like $30 bucks for EMS tops. I've had to call a few shops out on that and get them to rework the shipping haha.

Meanwhile there is one on Yahoo Japan going for about $250 and will probably sell for around $300 haha

• 2 weeks later...

WTF!?!? what makes them think that the VF-4G is worth $2k..? I know they are rare but even others that have sold for $700-800 range is bad enough!

In a word: greed.

That's an MW member too if I recall correctly. I'd pay $400 max for one of those. They are amazing though, truly the centerpiece (unless you have the 1/2000) of every Macross collection.

That's an MW member too if I recall correctly. I'd pay $400 max for one of those. They are amazing though, truly the centerpiece (unless you have the 1/2000) of every Macross collection.

Yeah thats mine for auction, I posted it on eBay because I was going to sell it to Deadeye_281 for $xxx originally asking $xxx. I listed it with the original $1000 price tag so that no one would bid on the thing so that he could see pictures. Deal didn't happen so I figure I post it on eBay for $600 considering after I pay $100 in fees I will get at least $500. If I am unable to sell it within a month on eBay, I told Deadeye_281 that I will accept his offer if he is still interested. Due to my house catching of fire last year and getting f@#*ked from the insurance I need to get as much as I can. I will probably have more items that make it here in this thread, but hey if someones willing to pay I could use their money right about now. Its not my fault that they do not know how to use the power of the internet and look for deals. I know that I sound like an a$$ about it and yes maybe it is a low thing for me to do. But I would hate to sell my collection (that I am being forced to sell and that I worked my a$$ off to get) on eBay at a deal price and then see it go back for resale a couple weeks later for double. Thats why I didn't post any of my stuff on MW because it would be wrong to do it here.

Heres some pics of my valks that didn't make it safely...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36806&page=2

Edited by Keoki420

Good thing the dollar is getting stronger against the yen.

I'm really not even sure what's going on here.

EDIT- I just noticed that there's a reserve price set on this, too.

Gee, for some reason it didn't sell at the original price.

Really don't know if it will sell at this price, either.

I wouldn't say it is absurd...just a little overpriced.....that is a lot of Takatoku he is selling at one time.....but if you think it is absurd, then please let me know when you are selling your vintage Takatoku at half of the price on that auction!!! ;)

I wouldn't say it is absurd...just a little overpriced.....that is a lot of Takatoku he is selling at one time.....but if you think it is absurd, then please let me know when you are selling your vintage Takatoku at half of the price on that auction!!! ;)

Well.....i respect your opinion but i still find it way overpriced , at the end is a free country right :D !