For Those Of You Who Have Been Here For The Years.

It's been years(2003-04?) since I seriously posted here.

I remember when I first appeared in early 2002 when there was a huge debate on rather HG had rights over Macross or not. Me, being bored and somewhat bias, I joined that bandwagon.

WHat really drew me was when I first looked at all the fanmade VFs and other cool mechs. Hell, I even tried to get my own creative juices flowing from my first draft of my story, ALpha Zone. THough it may have been partially inspired by Macross, it was totally original....and I had to do another rewrite.

I even made some pretty goofy topics surounding bad movies like the live action Street Fighter...

One of my favorite moments were the showing of chunky Misa.

My $1 million question is if there is anyone who is from the old forums.

It's been years(2003-04?) since I seriously posted here.

I remember when I first appeared in early 2002 when there was a huge debate on rather HG had rights over Macross or not. Me, being bored and somewhat bias, I joined that bandwagon.

WHat really drew me was when I first looked at all the fanmade VFs and other cool mechs. Hell, I even tried to get my own creative juices flowing from my first draft of my story, ALpha Zone. THough it may have been partially inspired by Macross, it was totally original....and I had to do another rewrite.

I even made some pretty goofy topics surounding bad movies like the live action Street Fighter...

One of my favorite moments were the showing of chunky Misa.

My $1 million question is if there is anyone who is from the old forums.

387155[/snapback]

The $100 million question is who was around since AFM!!! alt.fan.macross (represent)

Edited by ComicKaze

The end part of 2001... Sept 12, 2001 be more precise... yup, if it wasn't for 911 slowing everything down at work, I would have never signed up. I think I'm the newest of the old timers.

Edited by >EXO<

I've been around since the alt.fan.macross days... I was pretty much around to witness the birth of Macross World. I can remember when the entire MW forum was just one page where you had to manually enter your name for every post and people were going nuts looking for Joons 1/55 knockoff valkyries.

Since 2001... actually it was this site that got me back into Macross... and got my first resin kit, the recast VF-2SS - haven't looked back since!! :p

Well I don't remember when I joined the forum... I guess it's around 2000 and everyone is begging for a 1/55 strike valkyrie. The only way I could get one is to buy Jetfire, or get a rare joon (the one with tha ugly bright blue canopy).

One thing I could remember is that I got into this site by googlin around information about a 1/55 variable valkyrie, which was totally new for me... by then I was a macross fan for 4 years.

Man I was young... around 20. :lol:

Edited by Kin

Sometime in later 2001 or early 2002, after lurking for a couple of months - discovering Macross World and flipping the bird to the Robotech.com forums marked the end of my puberty. :blink:

I've never been much of a talker, though, except when arguing with Edo Andromedo about DYRL over pm and email. I do remember when the Hasegawas just came up - I bought them on the hype, but I haven't build them yet.

I started lurking on the old forums when they first opened in December of 2000, I don't think I signed up until late January of 01. There used to be a section in everyone's profile that showed their stats on the old board if applicable, I guess it's gone now.

I missed AFM, but I must have been around since Macross World's early days, since I remember joining from a computer lab when I must have been a freshman or softmore in college... and I graduated nearly four years ago.

I think I arrived shorty after the release of the Macross Plus 1/72's. I remember when we all gawked over Chunky Monkey customs and Yamato's 1/60 release. Before Graham and Yamato were "on a break."

I was around since 2000 sometime too.. I remember I came across MW looking for help on how to paint my own jetfire to look like a valk.. :D

The end part of 2001... Sept 12, 2001 be more precise... yup, if it wasn't for 911 slowing everything down at work, I would have never signed up.  I think I'm the newest of the old timers.

387167[/snapback]

I dunno, me and you may have a toss up

Lurked around since '01. Finally joined in early '04. Lurked around some more with some posts here and there. I'm a lot more active now.

Well, I just dont remember, I had been here even before the old forum.

I came to China 5 years ago, and before that I was already very active on MW I remember... so I guess I have been here for about... 7 years? Dunno how old is MW, should ask Graham, but before everything Yamato, when we could only get the old Takas, jetfires and joons. LOL

I've lurked around MW since November of 2002. Joined the MW forum one month ago.