Mwcon Europe

MWCON EUROPE

This has been discussed by serveral Europe based MW members in another subject on MW. It was felt that it should be moved to the proper place.

We have played with the idea of having a Europe Convention, along the similar lines to the original one only for any one based in Europe who cant get to the one in the U.S.

There are a lot of members who live or are stationed in the U.K and parts of Europe who might be interested in this.

Please could you post here if your interested and also your ideas.

That sounds great! Though as for myself, I have to admit I haven't ever travelled almost at all, and I'm not used to it... :unsure:

But anyway, that sounds nice indeed.

385702[/snapback]

what are you waiting for? time to go see all the ugly women in europe. (I assume Finland is a mystical land of hot women hehe)

I'm so there; I mean, Im here! Count me in. I travel all the time. I think my wife (and wallet) would prefer the UK though.

Common sdf-1! Haven't you always wanted to see England? It gets cold here too in case you get homesick! :lol:

I think SAR is in too, but I'll let him speak for himself.

Guest Bromgrev

I'd plump for England, too, it's reasonably central. Although maybe I should keep my mouth shut as I won't be here much longer ...

I'd plump for England, too, it's reasonably central. Although maybe I should keep my mouth shut as I won't be here much longer ...

386531[/snapback]

How is the UK reasonably central? It just hangs on the side of Europe like a piece of crap that won't let go.

I say we go for Holland, sdf-1's huskies will never make it all the way to England anyway. :p

Iceland, been there, done that.  I spent four years there and its EXPENSIVE!  It is nice to visit there.  Did I say it's expensive?

386758[/snapback]

Same problem about UK .... it's expensive to get there, expensive to be there, expensive to take the subway there .... and they urge for one specific money.

If doing a convention in Europe, than at least in a Euro friendly place :)

If doing a convention in Europe, than at least in a Euro friendly place :)

386759[/snapback]

Finland, the center of Macross fandom. :p

Yeah that's true, UK is very expensive AFAIK. Maybe it should be some warm cheap southern Europe country, where it would be cheap to travel and be. B))

I think Finland is pretty expensive country also btw. :(

Edited by Sdf-1

Who here is seriously willing to spend a couple of hundred euro's to travel abroad to meet up with other Macross geeks? :ph34r:

I'd much rather spend the money on 1/48 LV2.0, 1/60 VF-0s,...the list goes on.

If this where a forum for 'Victoria'secret' models It would be a totally different matter...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Who here is seriously willing to spend a couple of hundred euro's to travel abroad to meet up with other Macross geeks? :ph34r:

386769[/snapback]

This is more or less my problem, albeit in pounds sterling. ;-) If it was something I could drive in an hour or two to from sunny Peterborough, UK, I'd probably make the effort; past that, I think I'm missing something about such an event that would entice me along... I wonder if the EU members aren't a little far-flung and lacking the consumer-affordable long-distance travel the states seems to have. What does a hypothetical MWEuroCon have to offer past meeting up with like-minded aircraft-based-anime freaks that makes it worth taking a couple of precious holiday days and travelling a thousand miles by cattle-courier?

Not that I don't love you guys like my own brothers, you understand, but I run short of holiday days enough as it is, and travelling is one of my least favourite things. ;-)

(But Falcon14141 - I was shopping the other day and the coin release for the shopping trolleys had a dual slot, you could use a pound coin or a euro coin if you wanted; it's gaining acceptance! ;P)

Guest Bromgrev
How is the UK reasonably central? It just hangs on the side of Europe like a piece of crap that won't let go.

I say we go for Holland, sdf-1's huskies will never make it all the way to England anyway. :p

386535[/snapback]

Drat, foiled again! :angry:

I say Brussels, it's the capitol of the European Community right ? And we have the NATO HQ over there  :lol:

387078[/snapback]

Not to mention chocolate and waffles. :wub:

• 8 years later...

Hi All,

As a Long Time Macross & Mecha Fan,

I for one would love to see a U.K. Based Macross Con, All we seem to get over here are the conventions catering to the Cute & Fluffy / Comedy based Anime shows and nothing for us Die Hard Mecha Heads! :angry:

Might I recommend London as possible venue? :D

• 2 weeks later...

It would indeed be Great if Mac & Mecha Fans from around the world could all meet up to share thier love of all things Macross.

I know that a Macross Convention was proposed several years ago in the u.k. I think I was one of the only people who signed up for it!

But things have changed and Anime it seems has become more mainstream now well(Sort of!)