Question about the VF-0

Syngyne

My guess would be that the audio guy didn't want people and their housepets to go ape when watching it on a high def system.

A high pitched background whine on my 6.1 digital system at home would drive me up a wall.

suspension of non-reality..its supposed to be entertaining....I dont want to smell Kerosene either! :p

It's in the Guiness Book of World Records.

About 750 children (All who already had histories of epilepsy) were sent to the hospital for seizures do to flashing lights from Pikachu...

Notice how whenever Pikachu does an electric attack in the US version, the screen turns into a sort of sunglass tint color.

People! The Pokemon incident is a myth.

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/seizure.htm

You can check out the infamous sequence here. If you pay attention, you'll notice that alot of animes (both past and present) do that particular sequence of flashing lights.

Pay attention to this line here:

Later, researchers who studied the Pokemon phenomenon reported in the Southern Medical Journal that only a small fraction of the 618 children treated were actually diagnosed with photosensitive epilepsy.

As to the VF-0 not making more noise... Well... They do have mufflers for jet engines don't they?

In a Simpsons episode where the family goes to Japan, they see a Japanese cartoon and they all end up rolling around on the floor in fits.

Super seizure Robots, that was a great ep. Homer walks in and see the family rolling around and convulsing. Homer: shrugges shoulders and falls on the floor and acts like he is convulsing.

The Simpsons started as a bunch of animated shorts for the Tracey Ullman show, which were shown before and after commercial breaks. Here's a good guide I came across while verifying my recollection: http://www.snpp.com/guides/tracey.ullman.html

Also, minor correction, the Japanese cartoon in the episode "Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo" was "Battling Seizure Robots".

The Simpsons started as a bunch of animated shorts for the Tracey Ullman show, which were shown before and after commercial breaks. Here's a good guide I came across while verifying my recollection: http://www.snpp.com/guides/tracey.ullman.html

Also, minor correction, the Japanese cartoon in the episode "Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo" was "Battling Seizure Robots".

correct, guy at work thought they were from a Butterfinger comercial <_<