6 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

This happens every year. People think this or that announcement is a joke, but April 1 just happens to also be the start of the Japanese (or at least a bunch of Japanese companies') fiscal new year. :lol:

Yup. I used Google Translate on the PDF doc.

But to be honest, I really prefer 'Sunrise'.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yup. I used Google Translate on the PDF doc.

But to be honest, I really prefer 'Sunrise'.

I do, too. It seems to be more and more common with these big Japanese corporations, though, and I don't know why.

Square Enix's FF14 dev team doesn't have any cool name, it's just "Square Enix Business Division 5." Konami is similar. Apparently Bamco is the same. I hope Project Aces isn't next to go...

It's like someone said, "Hey, you know that name we've had for longer than some Gundam fans have been alive and thus synonymous with the brand? What if we changed it to the most generic thing we can think of?” 

Edited by mikeszekely

According to the take by sora news, from a viewer's perspective, it won't change anything since the new brands, rather than divisions, i.e. Sunrise & Emotion, will still be displayed on the screen for the reasons you all have been pointing out.

As for the renaming itself, the take by gundam news in addition to sora news, notes it's not just a name change - multiple divisions are being consolidated & as such, it seems Bandai didn't see it as fair to keep it as Sunrise, judging by how the new company directors are proportioned, even though Sunrise's President & CEO retains their spot in the merged division.

As part of the push to reach 2 million subscribers, the Official Gundam YT channel will be streaming for a limited time all 3 MS Gundam, all 3 MS Gundam Zeta: A New Translation, all Gundam Thunderbolt OAVs, and other shows and movies starting on Feb 23.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GundamInfo

3 hours ago, Keith said:

I'm just waiting for the Reconguisra movies to come out in an affordable collection.

The Reconguista movies are part of the limited time run...(granted will be available starting March 8)

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Big s said:

That’s a sad looking Zaku. I saw an ad for a web exclusive high grade of it, but I don’t know if it will be the repair version or if it will be a pre replacement parts version 

This one?

hgn.jpg.9a47956b33ae77e3b542b3183c3b8880.jpg

From what I know Cucuruz left Zeon but kept his Zaku. Hence, the patch-up work on it.

On 2/19/2022 at 1:30 PM, azrael said:

As part of the push to reach 2 million subscribers, the Official Gundam YT channel will be streaming for a limited time all 3 MS Gundam, all 3 MS Gundam Zeta: A New Translation, all Gundam Thunderbolt OAVs, and other shows and movies starting on Feb 23.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GundamInfo

Man, I was having a good time with this... watched the first three Gundam movies, the 0083 movie, and the first two Zeta movies.  Then I got busy, didn't watch anything for a few days, and apparently came back the day after they took Zeta III back off.😒  Kind of killed my enthusiasm to watch the rest.  I didn't bother with SEED, SEED Destiny, or 00; frankly, I wasn't a huge fan of SEED/Destiny in the first place and I wasn't keen on watching the condensed versions, and while I liked 00 just fine the movie was much less good.

I might watch the G-Reco movies.  Been a long time since I watched the TV series, but I remember liking it for awhile until it stopped making sense.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

That’s a sad looking Zaku.

Given the story behind that specific Zaku I'm fine with the state of disrepair.  I'm not loving how long/thin it looks, though.  Zakus should be chunkier, especially in the legs.

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Dangard Ace said:

Nice.  Finally a new Gundam.   Is this UC or AU?

No official 'in-universe timeline' has given yet for this new series.

https://gizmodo.com/mobile-suit-gundam-witch-from-mercury-aerial-1848718777

Only thing we know so far is that it's going to feature the first female protagonist in Gundam franchise history.

Below is her Mobile Suit Gundam Aerial. In lineart and in HG form.

image.png.1e0a8f916409df8a833cde4fb648d9eb.png

image.jpeg.f532b9ac6a88ac96b734d249a2bf57b1.jpegimage.jpeg.28f96f43b354f906ee2ebb4ea7133121.jpegimage.jpeg.941ed39cff41edd7e3989b8f2f845167.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

8 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

Same mechanical designer as Iron-Blooded Orphans, I take it?  That thing's as ugly as Barbatos.  I'll still check it out, though.

You know what, that's what I thought too about Barbatos when I saw it the first time. But everytime I look back on its 6th Form and the Lupus Rex variant, I'm starting to like it. But still not to the point of buying a kit though. My son on the other hand though loves the Lupus Rex. And he's looking forward on his Full Mechanics Lupus Rex kit to arrive as his Birthday present. ;) 

Looks like the lovechild of the Barbatos and the G-Self... with a lot of bias towards the G-Self.

Another Reguild Century story?  Humanity had set up space colonies in the inner solar system in that era...

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

No official 'in-universe timeline' has given yet for this new series.

https://gizmodo.com/mobile-suit-gundam-witch-from-mercury-aerial-1848718777

Only thing we know so far is that it's going to feature the first female protagonist in Gundam franchise history.

Below is her Mobile Suit Gundam Aerial. In lineart and in HG form.

Hmm....NT-1 Alex Gundam/Christina Mackenzie.  Haven't watched War in the Pocket in forever but didn't she and the Kampher guy have that romeo/juliet love plot?  I guess she was a side character since the series was about the (IIRC) Zeon guy and the neighbour kid.

3 hours ago, Dangard Ace said:

Hmm....NT-1 Alex Gundam/Christina Mackenzie.  Haven't watched War in the Pocket in forever but didn't she and the Kampher guy have that romeo/juliet love plot?  I guess she was a side character since the series was about the (IIRC) Zeon guy and the neighbour kid.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

She was kinda getting with the Zaku pilot not the chubby dude, but either way she was the first female animated gundam pilot, although I wouldn’t count her as the main character of 0080. 

Yup. That's why they're promoting this is the first series to feature a lead female pilot. ;) 

1 hour ago, F-ZeroOne said:

Didn't Sayla Mass have a go at piloting the RX-78 once?

Yes. In a fight with Ramba Ral. ;) 

24 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Yup. That's why they're promoting this is the first series to feature a lead female pilot. ;) 

Yes. In a fight with Ramba Ral. ;) 

I still wouldn’t count her as the pilyof the gundam, just a stand in. I guess the mkII might also count, but the Alex was the first one to only be used by a female pilot, but even then it wasn’t supposed to be hers. If I remember correctly they wanted Amuro to get it

9 minutes ago, Big s said:

I still wouldn’t count her as the pilyof the gundam, just a stand in. I guess the mkII might also count, but the Alex was the first one to only be used by a female pilot, but even then it wasn’t supposed to be hers. If I remember correctly they wanted Amuro to get it

Yes. Alex was being developed for Amuro.

Also, not to be confusing. Are we talking about who the first female pilot shown in the Gundam series? Or the first female pilot to lead a Gundam series?

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Also, not to be confusing. Are we talking about who the first female pilot shown in the Gundam series? Or the first female pilot to lead a Gundam series?

Right, and this is a big distinction.  The "hero" has always been a male, but there have been tons of female mobile suit pilots, and plenty of them piloted Gundams.  Even if we exclude Sayla's little excursion we've had (at least) Emma Sheen (Gundam Mk. II), Four Murasame (Psyco Gundam), Rosamia Badam (Psyco Gundam Mk II) Elle Vianno (Gundam Mk. II), Roux Louka (Zeta Gundam), Marbet and some of the Shrike team (Victory Gundam), Karen Joshua (Gundam Ground Type), Marida Cruz (Gundam Banshee), Rain Mikamura (Rising Gundam, Shining Gundam), Allenby Beardsley (Nobel Gundam), Aida Surugan (Gundam G-Arcane), Cagalli Athha (Strike Rouge), and Lunamaria Hawke (Impulse Gundam).

6 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

Right, and this is a big distinction.  The "hero" has always been a male, but there have been tons of female mobile suit pilots, and plenty of them piloted Gundams.  Even if we exclude Sayla's little excursion we've had (at least) Emma Sheen (Gundam Mk. II), Four Murasame (Psyco Gundam), Rosamia Badam (Psyco Gundam Mk II) Elle Vianno (Gundam Mk. II), Roux Louka (Zeta Gundam), Marbet and some of the Shrike team (Victory Gundam), Karen Joshua (Gundam Ground Type), Marida Cruz (Gundam Banshee), Rain Mikamura (Rising Gundam, Shining Gundam), Allenby Beardsley (Nobel Gundam), Aida Surugan (Gundam G-Arcane), Cagalli Athha (Strike Rouge), and Lunamaria Hawke (Impulse Gundam).

Thanks @mikeszekely:drinks:

Hope that clarifies it that this new 'The Witch From Mercury' series as posted few posts above will feature the first-ever female protagonist in a Gundam series.

image.jpeg.d0240e64664ff250ca26e2f42cc3849d.jpeg

image.jpeg.d5d15576cabfc9904b48f38ff92782cd.jpeg

Those were my thoughts, too. The arms look especially stubby in the lineart. Just an awkward pose, perhaps...

And speaking of female leads, would the pilot of the Stargazer count? Sure that "show" was all of... 45?... minutes or so, but I remember enjoying it way more than anything else Seed. Or is the Strike... Noir?... pilot considered the lead?

I'm liking the name of the show, I'm liking the lead's design, I think the Gundam looks decent. It's got some THICCCCCC thighs, though... Feels really unbalanced, like the only day it DIDN'T skip was leg day. I'm not a fan of the clashing shapes, either; the upper thigh all linear, the lower all curves... I'd like it more if they blended into each other.

As it is I keep getting the impression that it's running around with its pants down.

Gundam Metaverse Project confirmed!

(Sorry, no official English subtitles available. You can try and use the auto-translate option.)

Below is the promotional video of the Gundam Metaverse Project.

Edited by no3Ljm