So I finally finished watching G-Reco. After hearing all the negative thoughts on it I went in expecting the worst but came out actually enjoying it. It reminded me a lot of King Gainer with the world building and main story kinda pushed to the back to make way for the characters and mecha action. It was left up to the viewer to try and figure out what was going on. The characters were always going somewhere but it was never really clear where and enemies would become allies because "ehhh I dunno why not join the other side".

I didn't have a bad time watching it, the animation was fantastic overall and the music was ok. I guess I would recommend G-Reco if you are looking for something a bit different, just know the ending is rushed even more than the ending to Gundam X.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I hope so, I'd definitely drop a few bones on a G Gundam bluray set if they release it here with the English dub. I keep hearing conspiracy theories that Bandai won't let Nozomi/Right Stuf release the more recent blurays in North America for fear that our cheaper priced releases would eat into their big profit margins. I dunno if there is any truth to that (releasing the MSG Movies on DVD only was silly) but lets hope it isn't.

Maybe Figurarts will finally release the Rain figure they showed all those years ago. I mean yeah, it took a long time before Master Asia came out, but c'mon, it's been an even longer gap since then, and not even a hint at Rain coming.

Maybe Figurarts will finally release the Rain figure they showed all those years ago. I mean yeah, it took a long time before Master Asia came out, but c'mon, it's been an even longer gap since then, and not even a hint at Rain coming.

They did? I found nothing about that online.

I've been an anime fan for a long time, specifically a mecha anime fan, but had never seen any Gundam. So one of my favorite stores, Hastings, is closing shop and my wife and I went on a buying spree. Among my purchases were MSG and Zeta Gundam. So, we watched Zeta first (mostly because I recently completed a Methuss kit and just really wanted to see the thing in action :p:lol: ) and we were both caught up in the show- just some really good storytelling and engaging characters. Anyway, looking forward to watching MSG and hopefully checking out more of the series. I've been watching Iron Blooded Orphans on Cartoon Network, but it doesn't engage me as much as Zeta.

I've been an anime fan for a long time, specifically a mecha anime fan, but had never seen any Gundam. So one of my favorite stores, Hastings, is closing shop and my wife and I went on a buying spree. Among my purchases were MSG and Zeta Gundam. So, we watched Zeta first (mostly because I recently completed a Methuss kit and just really wanted to see the thing in action :p:lol: ) and we were both caught up in the show- just some really good storytelling and engaging characters. Anyway, looking forward to watching MSG and hopefully checking out more of the series. I've been watching Iron Blooded Orphans on Cartoon Network, but it doesn't engage me as much as Zeta.

That's because MSG and Zeta are the core of Gundam storytelling. They are the foundation of what makes the Gundam universe unique - space migration, Earth/space politics, realistic mecha warfare, and human evolution. Alternate universe titles such as SEED, 00, AGE, and IBO more or less retell the Universal Century's basic premise in their own way with varying results.