What do you think they'll be doing in the following episodes? Hell, one episode later they do the latter (I''m surprised you didn't mention it).

No.

Stopping at 30? Banshee, brah, you're going to want to make your stop at episode 33. Also, why skip 29?

1. See below. One episode later? Uh no, they don't get Cagalli back to ORB until about episode 38 or something.

2. How do we know, though? Sure those could have been bodies from other battles but Gundam seems to forget that blasting big holes in ships isn't the same as blasting parts off of a MS.

3. See below.

Isn't that the episode where Durandel plays chess with himself and Rau's face is unmasked?

Yes.

Episode 25: Sorry Kira & Co. I'm completely with Athrun in this argument. You wanna do something about ORB being in the Alliance? Take Cagalli back to ORB and figure it out. Wanna know who actually ordered the hit on Lacus? Go figure it out, stop sitting on your butts and just reacting to stuff. Their first intervention might be a little excusable but they need to be a little proactive here. Tragically, that turns out to not be the case. In a rare moment of introspection, Shinn is the one who comments on the Alliance/Blue Cosmos's hypocrisy that Coordinators are an abomination yet Living CPUs are perfectly acceptable.
Episode 26: Oh boy, here we go with Shinn and Stella. So Amuro does something wrong and gets thrown in the brig. Kamille does something wrong and gets Brightslapped™. Heero does something wrong and tries to commit suicide, but when Shinn does something wrong... he gets a slap on the wrist? Lol.
In any case, as much as I facepalm at the Archangel Group's Big Plan being to send just the pop singer and the bionic man into space, Andy Cosplaying as Meer's manager was pretty hilarious. Also, you'd think these ZAFT guys would notice that the real Lacus is dressed much more conservatively than Meer and also has a smaller chest?
Episode 27: Once again a build up episode. Honestly I think the writers just don't really know what to do with the Archangel beyond having it not stray far from the Minerva characters. Hey, is that the Blast Silhouette? Has Shinn used that at all up till now? I can't remember...
Episode 28: Let's have a fight scene! While executed well in a technical sense, this battle still has things that annoy me, although it was nice to see Shinn demonstrate some actual tactics in his defeat of Auel. Rey and Luna's ZAKU's get wrecked so they can upgrade as well as Athrun's Saviour. I almost cried, that suit was so pretty and Athrun lost it purely due to the demands of the plot. Cagalli cries some more and it was darkly amusing to see even the ORB grunts calling her and the Archangel-gumi out on their bullcrap.
Todaka's death was bitterly ironic and well done. I wonder if Shinn ever finds out that Todaka was the commanding officer of the Takemikazuchi?
And of course the best way to follow up this action-packed episode? CLIPSHOW!
Episode 29: I skipped this one, of course. Yes I know it's the famous "Ghost Chess" episode but I really don't want to see SEED flashbacks for the bajillionth time and they don't really tell you anything truly insightful about Durandal and Talia's relationship, beyond the fact that she left him 'cuz she wanted kids (which makes her end in episode 50 all the more stupid.)
Episode 30: Ah yes, here we are. Shinn's crowning moment of stupid, which totally ruins his crowning moment of awesome four episodes later. What can i say that hasn't already been said? Why would you trust the promise of an enemy soldier? A soldier who wears a dark-colored mask no less. Why would trust the promise of someone who works for the same organization that created Stella in the first place?
Also, Cagalli's crying infecting all those other people is annoying.
Episode 31: And as we see, Neo almost immediately breaks his promise and shoves Stella into the Destroy Gundam. Congrats Shinn, you're idiot. But you don't know that do you, because HQ letting you off the hook just infuses your ego more, eh? Athrun mopes and Kira & Co. are once again sitting around, waiting for something to happen, although I do like the interactions Kira has been having with Murrue. There wasn't much of that in SEED, so I'm glad it's here.
Episode 32: While this episode was big and dramatic and the struggle against the Destroy is well done (it's always nice to see Super Kira flustered) I can't feel much for Shinn when Stella dies. It's kinda his fault after all.
Episode 33: Again can't feel much here. It's pretty obvious Shinn's using her as an expy for his sister but I just can't get past his misguided rage. I do feel that part of that rage, however, is that once again he's feeling powerless, just like when his family died.
ZAFT gears up for its LOGOS campaign with Durandal's little speech. Gotta admit, the guy's a masterful manipulator and a lot of people swallow it hook, line and sinker. Though I wonder why more people in the PLANTs and ZAFT didn't think, "well hey, isn't it a little strange that up till now the Chairman has been saying that we'll only fight if we have to and now he suddenly wants us to go after these LOGOS guys?"
Episode 34: At last! Caught up! Not a bad episode but full of dichotomies for me. On the one hand, it's nice to see Super Kira get his butt kicked by Shinn and his planning, along with Rey. On the other, his rage is so laughably misguided that I can't take him seriously.
Talia shows her quality by trying to get the Archangel to surrender before she's forced to destroy it. Athrun takes a break from moping to get pissed that they're attacking the Archangel. Realy, I think he's actually angry that Kira and Cagalli didn't follow his advice and go back to ORB because something like this was bound to happen eventually. They've attacked the ZAFT flagship twice now; did they really think ZAFT would let that go, even if it wasn't the secret desire of Durandal to get rid of them?
Also, they confirm that Neo is Mu, which was only a surprise if you're four. :D
And the most current episode, numero 35!
So yeah, Shinn, you're still an idiot. Given the way Athrun was acting prior to the battle, why would he EVER be happy that you supposedly killed his best friend? Dude you deserved that punch even if Rey "All of a sudden I'm actually a character" za Burell has a point about injecting personal feelings into the situation. Ugh, this scene could also have been the perfect place to bring up the whole "Stella's death is Shinn's fault" thing as well.
Is it just me or is Talia feeling just a mite uncomfortable with shooting down a target that didn't fight back?
Things get stirred up with LOGOS. Poor Djibril. You were never the actual villain of this story and you don't even realize it. :D
Durandal shows up to grant his two little protoges their new Gundams and while Shinn has drunk the Kool-Aid, Durandal has committed a tactical error and is about to make a new enemy.
Until next week folks! :)

Gundam fans in a nutshell, hur:
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/m/image/1385/31/1385314260470.png

Again can't feel much here.

That is pretty cold Banshee, even I nearly felt something from that and fiction never gets emotions from me.:p
"All of a sudden I'm actually a character"

He was an actual character since episode 2, did you just ignore him up until now?
Episode 32

And you didn't mention the destruction of Chaos Gundam?
Until next week folks!

Oh joy. :p

question on the HD version of destiny, did they they go in and re-animate episode 34 to make it less stupid or is it still the single most bullshit episode in all of Gundam?

They only reanimated a few scenes. Otherwise, still the same.

Is there supposed to be a point to this?

That is pretty cold Banshee, even I nearly felt something from that and fiction never gets emotions from me. :p

What should I feel besides disappointment? As far as Stella is concerned one might look at it as a mercy. Besides it's Shinn's fault she was in that cockpit to begin with. Well his and Neo's if you want to quibble.

He was an actual character since episode 2, did you just ignore him up until now?

Uh yeah, I did, 'cuz he's been a blank slate up until now.

And you didn't mention the destruction of Chaos Gundam?

I guess that goes to show how memorable Sting and his useless Gundam were.

Oh joy. :p

Well you know what they say about not standing the heat… B))

question on the HD version of destiny, did they they go in and re-animate episode 34 to make it less stupid or is it still the single most bullshit episode in all of Gundam?

Depends on what the bull**** is. Kira switching off the reactor in a split second? :D But yeah, there are no plans for any major re-animating, just like the SEED remaster.

by bullshit I mean every single second of the fight sequence. I don't know where to start that whole episode is just so stupid.

:edit:

actually I do know where to start. it's starts with the fact that Kira Jesus Yamato is piloting one of the most OP beam spam machines in all of Gundam and yet spends the entire first half of the fight using only his beam rife with such little effort that kira is able to avoid being hit through such amazing tactics as tilting his head slightly and listing lazily to the left.

Edited by anime52k8

Is there supposed to be a point to this?

Lols.

Uh yeah, I did, 'cuz he's been a blank slate up until now.

Yeah well.... Blank slates are characters to. *grumbles something inappropriate* Yeah I have nothing.

I guess that goes to show how memorable Sting and his useless Gundam were.

Boo, Chaos was my favorite gundam from Destiny, even if color scheme played a big role in that decision. :p

Edited by DuelGundam2099

All three of the stolen ZAFT suits from Destiny where lame. Not only where they boring suits in of themselves but they where strait up less interesting rip-offs of Raider, calamity and forbidden Gundam.

And another thing. If Kira somehow did manage to turn off the N-Jammer Canceler at the last second and prevent the Freedom's reactor from going critical (which in of itself makes absolutely no sense on so many levels), then why the hell do we see A GIANT F**KING NUCLEAR EXPLOSION?!?!?

Edited by anime52k8

All three of the stolen ZAFT suits from Destiny where lame. Not only where they boring suits in of themselves but they where strait up less interesting rip-offs of Raider, calamity and forbidden Gundam.

And another thing. If Kira somehow did manage to turn off the N-Jammer Canceler at the last second and prevent the Freedom's reactor from going critical (which in of itself makes absolutely no sense on so many levels), then why the hell do we see A GIANT F**KING NUCLEAR EXPLOSION?!?!?

I think it was written off that it was due to the Archangel's (or was it the Minerva's?) cannon firing and hitting the water (at precisely the moment when Shinn impales the freedom). It's redonkulous regardless though. Kira should be KIA after something like that.

Edited by Archer

I think it was written off that it was due to the Archangel's (or was it the Minerva's?) cannon firing and hitting the water (at precisely the moment when Shinn impales the freedom). It's redonkulous regardless though. Kira should be KIA after something like that.

which itself makes no sense since you see the explosion from the Minerva's tannhauser shot in it's entirety a full 30 seconds before the giant ass nuclear explosion occurs. And furthermore in the multiple times positron cannons where depicted firing throughout SEED and SEED destiny before and after that episode, at no other time are they ever shown causing an explosion that massive under any circumstance.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed a couple of things with that OP video.

1. Where's CCA's Main theme?

2. Where did that second Gundam Wing OP footage come from? It's not on my DVDs, I don't think...

3. Why are G Gundam's OPs coming after Turn A?

4. I find it interesting that ever since SEED, each Gundam series (except Build Fighters probably and Gunpla Builders) has had 3-5 OPs.

Some more Destiny Remaster:

Episode 35

So yeah, Shinn, you're still an idiot. Given the way Athrun was acting prior to the battle, why would he EVER be happy that you supposedly killed his best friend? Dude you deserved that punch even if Rey "All of a sudden I'm actually a character" za Burell has a point about injecting personal feelings into the situation. Ugh, this scene could also have been the perfect place to bring up the whole "Stella's death is Shinn's fault" thing as well.

Is it just me or is Talia feeling just a mite uncomfortable with shooting down a target that didn't fight back?
Things get stirred up with LOGOS. Poor Djibril. You were never the actual villain of this story and you don't even realize it. :D
Durandal shows up to grant his two little protoges their new Gundams and while Shinn has drunk the Kool-Aid, Durandal has committed a tactical error and is about to make a new enemy.
Episode 36 aka Athrun Gets His Balls Back
Ever since the Saviour got wrecked Athrun's been moping around, so this is a welcome change of pace!
You know, for being such a supposedly smart guy, Durandal's a bit of an idiot this episode. Shouldn't he have known that basically taunting Athrun with stuff he can't talk about and his reasoning for getting rid of Kira and the Archangel would drive Athrun away? If he wanted Athrun to be the ZAFT version of Kira, that's not a very good way to go about it. Plus as far as Athrun knows, Lacus was still onboard the Archangel so he would think that Kira might be right and that Durandal might be trying to get rid of Lacus. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the knowledge that a Lacus "imposter" stealing Meer's shuttle not generally known? In any case, Athrun is about to get his James Bond on. :)
Considering all the nude fan service they've been adding to this series, I was half-expecting that when Meyrin took her shirt off we'd get an eyeful. Thankfully they decided not to tinker.
I'm not sure why Luna is getting so annoyed that Meyrin answered the door in a towel. The same thing would have happened if the MPs had busted down her door, searched the room and she really had been in the shower, so why quibble?
I don't particularly care for Meyrin's answer of "I don't know." That basically sums up her and Athrun's relationship for me. :D
NEXT WEEK ON GUNDAM SEED DESTINY:
Athrun: You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!
Shinn: (Doing that pose he does with his A.S.S.) I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! PLUS YOU'VE BEEN ON MY CASE LATELY SO DIIIIIIEEEE!! Also, sorry about this Luna's sister but according to Rey, you're an accomplice. So… yeah. I'll remember you but it, for some reason, won't cause me to realize that I'm now the same as the guy who killed my sister. Bye!

I noticed a couple of things with that OP video.

1. Where's CCA's Main theme?

2. Where did that second Gundam Wing OP footage come from? It's not on my DVDs, I don't think...

3. Why are G Gundam's OPs coming after Turn A?

4. I find it interesting that ever since SEED, each Gundam series (except Build Fighters probably and Gunpla Builders) has had 3-5 OPs.

1. CCA doesn't have one.

2. The second Gundam Wing OP was used on eps. 41-49.

3. Some weird chronological order that the uploader thought of with the alternate timelines.

4. That's because Sunrise/Bandai decided to use SEED/SEED Destiny, 00 and AGE as platforms to promote music artists.

• 2 months later...

So I finally watched Gundam Seed and was surprised to find that it wasn't quite as terrible as some reviews had suggested. The first half is basically a redo of MSG and the climax in the middle (all the bit around leaving Orb) was actually decent. The last quarter of the series is pretty poor though and I suppose that has something to do with the shows infamy in some quarters. the show does have some insanely irritating characters I must admit.

So is Destiny more of the same? Or do things get worse?

Another quick one. Someone is offering to sell me Gundam 00 pretty cheap. Is it any good?

So I finally watched Gundam Seed and was surprised to find that it wasn't quite as terrible as some reviews had suggested.

Regarding SEED,

SEED wasn't that bad. Especially for modernizing the Mobile Suit Gundam-concept.

So is Destiny more of the same? Or do things get worse?

THIS is the one that brought the SEED-verse down several notches.

Another quick one. Someone is offering to sell me Gundam 00 pretty cheap. Is it any good?

00 is pretty good. S1 is really well done, animation-wise and story-wise. S2...they had to simplify the story and animation. S1 became too complicated for its own good.

00 is pretty good. S1 is really well done, animation-wise and story-wise. S2...they had to simplify the story and animation. S1 became too complicated for its own good.

Thanks. It's the first season I can buy so I'll be sure to check it out.

Of all the alternate universes, Gundam 00 is the best one. Excellent animation and mecha designs, plus a gripping story that echoes current events related to terrorism, politics, and religion. It also has some great music to go with it.

One word of warning, though: You'll either love or hate Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer. The best way to understand it is to go through the series first and stay after the credits.

Edited by areaseven

• 2 weeks later...

Watched some Gundam Seed Destiny (film version, don't wanna watch all 50 eps) and I have to say that in the Shinn Asuka character they have created the single most dislikeable character in Gundam. And that's a hard thing to do. Not to mention destroyed any kind of development that some characters from SEED had done during the course of the series (damsel in distress Cagalli is unbearable to watch).

Guest davidwhangchoi

Watched some Gundam Seed Destiny (film version, don't wanna watch all 50 eps) and I have to say that in the Shinn Asuka character they have created the single most dislikeable character in Gundam. And that's a hard thing to do. Not to mention destroyed any kind of development that some characters from SEED had done during the course of the series (damsel in distress Cagalli is unbearable to watch).

hahaha so true. what a beee.... i think the writers abandoned his character mid way and re-focused on the old characters. what a cry baby.

Quess is much, much worse. And considering she had a lot fewer lines/screentime, that's saying something.

Quess was a considerable threat to the entire cast of Char's Counterattack, but as much as I hate her too, she was actually important to the storyline. Relena, on the other hand, had absolutely no significant importance throughout Gundam Wing. Heero Yuy is a dumbass for not keeping his word on episode 1 by killing her.

Quess is much, much worse. And considering she had a lot fewer lines/screentime, that's saying something.

Honestly? I love Quess. She's totally PUNK ROCK. Hates everyone and everything. "Nihilistic" doesn't even begin to describe it.

post-939-0-28612700-1395020381_thumb.jpg

Now, Hathaway, on the other hand...