Good news. The Origin is a rather good Gundam manga IMO. Some small things were changed so they make more sense, e.g. Gun Cannon and Gun Tank were already EFSF mass production unit before they started on Gundam. There are much more details on early Zeon movement from the revolts to MS developments. The best part is much more detail coverage of Char and Sayla, from their childhood to how Casval take over Char's identity, giving Char as much 'screen' time as Amuro. I hope the anime can keep those detail.

Good news. The Origin is a rather good Gundam manga IMO. Some small things were changed so they make more sense, e.g. Gun Cannon and Gun Tank were already EFSF mass production unit before they started on Gundam. There are much more details on early Zeon movement from the revolts to MS developments. The best part is much more detail coverage of Char and Sayla, from their childhood to how Casval take over Char's identity, giving Char as much 'screen' time as Amuro. I hope the anime can keep those detail.

I'd love to see the evolution of Casval into Char in anime as well as the rise of Zeon. That would be awesome if it plays out as you say.

I'd love to see the evolution of Casval into Char in anime as well as the rise of Zeon. That would be awesome if it plays out as you say.

The events that started at UC0069 to right before attack on Side 7 are covered by vol 9 to vol 14 of the manga, so there are lot's of material.

To tease a little more, here is a scene from vol 12: One blue MS-04, one red and some black MS-05:

120057p.jpg

A certain person is suitable for the role of main villain on that movie

Ah Seed, how I miss that AU.... ok, not really.

The only thing that would garner my interest in the show is if Kira, Athrun, Lacus, basically the characters that ruined GSD died horrible on screen deaths within the first ten minutes of the show. You know, make the commercials all about them and some bit character.... kinda like Steven Segal in Executive Decision, except with blood and guts

Now, where is the next Unicorn ep.

The only thing that would garner my interest in the show is if Kira, Athrun, Lacus, basically the characters that ruined GSD died horrible on screen deaths within the first ten minutes of the show. You know, make the commercials all about them and some bit character.... kinda like Steven Segal in Executive Decision, except with blood and guts

Don't hate just becuase you actually believed Destiny would be about anyone "but" Kira. :)

Much better if Lacus is revealed to be evil all along, manipulating everyone since SEED era to rise into power. And then Kira slowly dying due to side effect of being ultimate coordinator and then...I think I need to write a fanfic now :p .

Newest Gundam Ace revealed that, surprise, we'll have animated version of Gundam the Origin!

This is very likely the one that will be announced on 25.

Mixed feelings about this: on one hand, I'm very pleased to get an anime version of this fantastic manga, on the other one I'm a bit anxious about how they'll bastardize it – you don't expect they'll adapt it "as is" do you?

Don't hate just becuase you actually believed Destiny would be about anyone "but" Kira. :)

I love the Seed universe.... in its own context :)

But thankfully, this universe is done, even if it felt like one big gigantic fan service to people who didn't know what they wanted.

Gundam: Origin: I guess this way everyone gets to be happy, as long as they don't screw it up. :)

Its nice that they're taking a shot at what I guess is essentially a remake of the original (who will they find to play Bright, I wonder?) but it will be interesting to see if the other announced shows are going to break a lot of new ground - Bandai is making the yen whatever, but will we see anything that pushes the Gundam boundaries as much as Turn-A anytime soon, I wonder?

Mixed feelings about this: on one hand, I'm very pleased to get an anime version of this fantastic manga, on the other one I'm a bit anxious about how they'll bastardize it – you don't expect they'll adapt it "as is" do you?

Yeah, I'm wondering how or if they intend to work the collected volume V~VII extended prequel flashback into the adaptation, since it totally breaks the flow of an animated series. To me, that's most interesting part of the adaptation, since the completely new material fills out the backstory and gives more insights into character motivations, making some things that happen later make more sense in retrospect, as opposed to simply rehashing MSG.

Edited by hulagu

The new Gundam Ace is completely cryptic about "The Origin Anime Project."

I get the feeling it'll just be a short OVA or something.

That's just a hunch, however.

Incidentally, Gundam the Orgin ended in the newest issue, and Zeta Gundam Define started up.

I get the feeling it'll just be a short OVA or something.

That's just a hunch, however.

Maybe 5-6 1 hour episodes? Kinda like Unicorn. Maybe it will replace Unicorn when it finishes next year.

Incidentally, Gundam the Orgin ended in the newest issue, and Zeta Gundam Define started up.

Yeah...rebooting Zeta now.....

Maybe 5-6 1 hour episodes? Kinda like Unicorn. Maybe it will replace Unicorn when it finishes next year.

I was thinking more like Gundam Evolve...but again, just a hunch on my part.

Yeah...rebooting Zeta now.....

Enh. If Yasuhiko were doing it, I'd be excited, but it's just Hiroyuki Kitazume. :mellow:

So without spoiling it, how good or bad is "The Origin"?

Is this supposed to officially replace the old '79 show and does it fit in with the rest of the post UC continuity?

Or is this like JJ Star Trek, a craptacular messup in all its glory.

On a side note, we might finally get a modern MG RX-78-2 without the sucky looking outer shelling of the Ver. 2.0.

As for Gundam Age, well I can't say I'm flabbergasted about it but I'll definitely give it a full viewing

considering there are not that many new robot mecha series to begin with nowadays.

Is this supposed to officially replace the old '79 show and does it fit in with the rest of the post UC continuity?

Or is this like JJ Star Trek, a craptacular messup in all its glory.

On a side note, we might finally get a modern MG RX-78-2 without the sucky looking outer shelling of the Ver. 2.0.

As for Gundam Age, well I can't say I'm flabbergasted about it but I'll definitely give it a full viewing

considering there are not that many new robot mecha series to begin with nowadays.

Gundam the origin Is the equivilent of the lord of the rings movies. It remains faithful to the source material, while adding things and smoothing out the pacing.

EDIT: As for continuity who can say yet. There are somethings that are different like the order in which the battles occur (jaburo first then odessa) and the route the white base takes to get to Jaburo in the first place.

Edited by renegadeleader1

Without spoiling it...? "The Origin" started running ten years ago, and the English version started appearing nearly eight years ago. That's ample time to judge for yourself, don't you think? ;)

Gundam the origin Is the equivilent of the lord of the rings movies. It remains faithful to the source material, while adding things and smoothing out the pacing.

Quite the opposite, actually...while the Lord of the Rings movies cut out tons of stuff, The Origin adds the entire backstory.

Without spoiling it...? "The Origin" started running ten years ago, and the English version started appearing nearly eight years ago. That's ample time to judge for yourself, don't you think? ;)

Haven't seen the English version around, but I was under the impression that the translated releases had stalled.

These are technically not "Shows" but new manga (or photonovel, or maybe hybrid of both) of Gunpla Builder D and Gunpla Builder J are on this month hobby magazine. And both very interesting.

First, we have Gunpla Builders D, now with goth loli! Not much interesting for mecha department other than Beginning Gundam and a variant of Forever Gundam in red color.

Now for Gunpla Builders J...Beginning Gundam with gigantic hand fights against a ZII-like MS that can transform between normal form and SD form. Seriously. That's awesome :lol:.

Haven't seen the English version around, but I was under the impression that the translated releases had stalled.

It did, but they managed to translate the first five or six volumes, which should be enough to determine whether one likes the comic or not.