• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well...after Origin ended, I finally dropped Gundam Ace magazine (kind of a shame...I'd been collecting it since Issue #1), but today, I took the plunge and started getting the DeAgostini Gundam Perfect File.

Not sure yet if I've made a wise purchase or not...

I did the same just cause the fold out artwork was beautiful. Then I went to Taiwan and they started publishing the old Gundam Official Files. Are they that different? So far they look similar other than new artwork in the Perfect File, but the Taiwan printing is 50% of the Japanese version at least in terms of US dollars.

I did the same just cause the fold out artwork was beautiful. Then I went to Taiwan and they started publishing the old Gundam Official Files. Are they that different? So far they look similar other than new artwork in the Perfect File, but the Taiwan printing is 50% of the Japanese version at least in terms of US dollars.

Hmmm... I know the Taiwanese versions (or just about anything) are cheaper, but I'd rather have a version that I can actually READ.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the Taiwanese version is unavailable here...

• 2 weeks later...

Lookin' forward to that. The RGM one isn't quite as cool as the VF Master Files, but the tech-head in me still loves all those specs and schematics. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Fans of the Variable Fighter Master Files or the RGM-79 Master Archive will be glad to know that the RX-78 Master Archive has a street date.

On sale Dec. 15, 2011.

Guess I was the only one on the board to pick up a copy. It's nice to see they incorporated the Katoki redesign as a "RX-78-2 (after-compete redesign)".

Seriously bummed out at hearing that Turn might not get a subtitled release after all. I had put off watching it in order to catch it properly...

Sigh...

At this point, all we can hope is that Funimation has been dying to get their hands on Gundam...

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of off topic but since you guys mentioned it, when does ZZ get good? I'm up to episode 16 and just keep falling asleep when it's on. Haven't had this much trouble watching a Gundam series since 00. So far, I'm liking AGE much more than ZZ.

China makes you a Gundam star for a few hundred dollars.

http://www.animenews...ory-behind-them

Copyright infringement? What is that?

I don't even...

!

Dude, you get to fight Gummy Daelecks lauched by the Grinch. THAT'S AWESOME!!

Kind of off topic but since you guys mentioned it, when does ZZ get good? I'm up to episode 16 and just keep falling asleep when it's on. Haven't had this much trouble watching a Gundam series since 00. So far, I'm liking AGE much more than ZZ.

For me, around episode 20, but you've still got to watch everything up to that point.

when does ZZ get good?

Are they in the desert yet? I think around there.

China makes you a Gundam star for a few hundred dollars.
We design and develop our own animation with their own copyrights. They do contain elements of popular titles, but all are adapted ourselves so there is no copyright concerns.

Let me get this straight... if I want make a movie about Chinese kids piloting a Gundam to keep the cast of Monsters vs. Aliens from coming to Earth, I'm not violating any copyrights as long as I animate it myself?

What's more, apparently I get to copyright the finished product myself.

Edited by mikeszekely

Its around episode 20, though it might be best to think of it as getting "better". :) Basically, when Bright stops being straight man to a bunch of meddling kids, that'll be about when.