mobile suits weren't the back bone of the federation forces during the one year war. how about an ova about the crew of a fed space destroyer? you can have them suffer during the initial beginning of the one year war then perk up as they counter attack the zeon forces and then tomino can come in and kill them all and make everyone emo and moppy.

MS igloo 2 *only one episode out so far* features a bunch of MS-less feddies trying to take on Zaku's with bazookas and such no sign of feddie MS yet.

Cecily Fairchild - Gundams other[/] redhead. :)

So far, our title is Turn-Sentinel-Crossbone-War-In-The-Stardust, right? :lol:

You're leaving out a few things mentioned, so I think it's really Turn-GaiaGear-Sentinel-Crossbone: War-in-the-Unicorn-Igloo-Stardust.

Or we could just call it Rainbow Gundam and leave it at that.

Yeah, that was a hell of a lot better than SD Hi-Streamer X Saviour's Report: Moonlight Butterfly's Fading Light (Special Edition).

Well that's only because SD Hi-Streamer X Saviour's Report: Moonlight Butterfly's Fading Light (Special Edition), was supposed to be the sequel to Double Zero igloo: Char's Victory Evolve, and its ova Double Zero igloo: Char's Victory Evolve: The hidden apocalyptic stargazer. which I mean is about as impossible because your going to end up as with a show like Robotech 2: Lelouch of the Linebarrels, in terms of production quality.

On a serious note I love MS Igloo 2, its so depressing its like watching zeta all over again.

Well that's only because SD Hi-Streamer X Saviour's Report: Moonlight Butterfly's Fading Light (Special Edition), was supposed to be the sequel to Double Zero igloo: Char's Victory Evolve, and its ova Double Zero igloo: Char's Victory Evolve: The hidden apocalyptic stargazer. which I mean is about as impossible because your going to end up as with a show like Robotech 2: Lelouch of the Linebarrels, in terms of production quality.

The amazing thing is that, this being Gundam, we really could go on stringing five or six titles together, and it would take a few pages of posts for us to run out.

As soon as someone mentions "Look for Avenir," though, I'm running away...making a reference to that would be WAAAAY too geeky, even for me. ;)

On a serious note I love MS Igloo 2, its so depressing its like watching zeta all over again.

I haven't seen the second episode yet, but if it's anything like the first...man, the first two MS Igloo series had at least one guy who died in each episode...MS Igloo 2 wiped out the entire cast.

There are two things I'm kind of worried about, though: The Hidden One-Year-War and Apocalypse 0079 gained a lot of strength from the reversal of fortunes for Zeon...going from triumph after tirumph to loss after loss. The gap of months between the first three episodes really showed this well, with each one being like a little snapshot into the decline and fall of the Principality of Zeon. I wonder if Gravity Front can have as effective a sense of tragedy...somehow, I think it will, but I have no idea how they'll pull it off.

Second, I still don't know what the "Igloo" of the title is supposed to refer to... :unsure:

I heard MS Igloo is suppose to climax at the battle of Odessa, and we all know who won that battle. Unlike the first Igloo where we see the slow decline of Zeon, now we see the slow rise of the Federation. :lol:

I heard MS Igloo is suppose to climax at the battle of Odessa, and we all know who won that battle. Unlike the first Igloo where we see the slow decline of Zeon, now we see the slow rise of the Federation. :lol:

Yeah, that was my point. MS Igloo really seems to be focussed on two things: very cool and realistic mecha designs, and the tragedy of war. I guess if the Zeon episodes had a happy ending in the midst of overwhelming defeat (at least, all the main characters survived), then I can see MS Igloo 2 perhaps having a tragic ending in the midst of overwhelming victory...

The mobile suits fared well at Odessa. I'm not so sure about the tank drivers.

The amazing thing is that, this being Gundam, we really could go on stringing five or six titles together, and it would take a few pages of posts for us to run out.

As soon as someone mentions "Look for Avenir," though, I'm running away...making a reference to that would be WAAAAY too geeky, even for me. ;)

We'll have to move on to making closing comments for the next episode previews in the style of Gundam SEED: "Rise on the burning winds of fatal fate to your shining destined destiny, Gundam!". :)

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Yeah, that was my point. MS Igloo really seems to be focussed on two things: very cool and realistic mecha designs, and the tragedy of war. I guess if the Zeon episodes had a happy ending in the midst of overwhelming defeat (at least, all the main characters survived), then I can see MS Igloo 2 perhaps having a tragic ending in the midst of overwhelming victory...

The mobile suits fared well at Odessa. I'm not so sure about the tank drivers.

Since the first igloo concentrated on the same cast, I think the new one is actually heading in the direction of depicting a glimpse of a soldier's personal battle within a big battle. That way each episode is probably not connected to each other.

IIRC Bright wanted to take Amuro off the Gundam - to curb his cockiness. Amuro got pissed because he thinks Bright dissed him and/or no longer wants him. Not feeling wanted, Amuro jumps ship.

You mean wrong thing to do. ;)

I respectfully disagree. Amuro left b/c no one on the ship needed him not just Bright. Only Frau acknowledged his efforts and understood him well. Also, there was no one to provide counseling to Amuro, Kai, or Hayato when they experience their first kills or the horror that accompanies. Bright or someone else should've stepped up to help the civilians cope, but no one did. It is only natural civilians would become a little messed up. Amuro had every right to leave b/c he certainly was not a paid member of the Federation and he already experienced what veterans experienced, namely combat burnout and at such a young age! When he leaves White Base was not functioning well as a unified team, yet.

Personally I still feel if Amuro really wanted to prove his point that he alone could maximize the Gundam's potential, he should left White Base without it. Despite taking the Gundam I still feel Amuro was not cocky whatsoever. It was a fact he alone could and DID pilot the Gundam the BEST. He also knew how to constantly improve himself as a pilot despite having no one to mentor or coach him. When Shayla pitifully attempted to pilot the Gundam she only succeeded in getting it beaten, torn apart (again no fracking correction), captured, and nearly destroyed. I highly doubt Kai, Hayato and even Ryu could have done as well as Amuro.

Furthermore in the beginning Bright was a bad leader. The majority of the crew on White Base were civilians and minors. Rarely if ever did you see Bright "correcting" them as frequently and crassly as he did with Amuro. He used kids gloves with almost everyone else and clearly showed a bias with Mirei and Shayla. E.g. when Shayla repeatedly fracking jeopardized the entire crew time and again, he -never- corrected her. Merely solitary but no public disgrace with verbal lashings or physically correcting her. What a fracking prick!

As we know by the last battle White Base functioned well as a team, but at the core it was always Amuro who served as the keystone. The fact is Amuro was constantly on the front lines saving White Base from day one! A few words of encouragement would have gone a hell of a lot farther to improve morale and keep solidarity on the entire ship. Ryu acknowledges this when Bright complains about the crew but Ryu rightly tears him a new one and Bright learns to STFU. Although Amuro eventually shouldered his burdens well, I believe he definitely could've grow up better and gained much more confidence as a man and a pilot, if Bright was more diplomatic and far less of an unappreciative, log up the ass, dysfunctional leader.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

snip

No disrespect but you're completely wrong.

One of the key components of the First Gundam story is Amuro's maturation as an adult. In a time of war, Amuro had to grow up fast. And Bright had to shape him up - to follow orders, be responsible, and know his place. Yes, Amuro was the key component of the White Base's success. But it was important him to know he had to be a team player. And that he can't just go and do whatever he pleases just because he's the best pilot on the ship.

Bright had the right idea. Listen to what he says in the conversation with Mirai. Should Amuro get too cocky with what's he's accomplished and knowing he's a special person (ie. a newtype), it was possible that he could put himself and his mates in danger. Perhaps Amuro wasn't cocky but it was important for him to be told "don't get too high on yourself".

Even Frau says "Baka na Amuro" when he's thrown into the brig.

As for Bright's difference in treatment between Amuro and the women - well that's the difference. Amuro is a man. Mirai and Sayla are women. You don't treat women the same way as men (even in the military). Besides Mirai never did anything wrong. Sayla took out the Gundam without permission and got thrown into the brig. Amuro got the same deal.

The one time Amuro got the slapdown from Bright was for dereliction of duty. Yeah, he was tired. So what. Piloting the Gundam was his duty/responsibility. Bright actually does give him some encouragement at the end of the slapdown - he tells Amuro that he believes Amuro can be someone who surpasses Char. In fact that line convinces Amuro to go out and be a man.

By the time Char's Counterattack rolls around, Amuro is far more of an adult and man than Char.

Edited by Vifam7

While watching Bright slap people is fun, seeing Judau lay out Wong Lee was classic.

That scene was great, but i'm confused cos i hate Judau and would have liked him get beaten up too, But i hate Wong too.....................

Bright should kick them both in :lol:

Edited by kung flu

[...]

As for Bright's difference in treatment between Amuro and the women - well that's the difference. Amuro is a man. Mirai and Sayla are women. You don't treat women the same way as men (even in the military). [...]

Exactly what I wanted to reply. All the more as, In Z, we clearly see Emma correcting Fa, at least once: only ladies can correct another lady :p

I just watched the first ep of Igloo2 and goddamn was that amazing! I'm gonna have to pick up some Hard Graph kits to fight my Jumbo Grade Zaku.

DON'T DO IT!!! All you'll be left with is a lot of wreckage of hard graph tanks, a bunch of dead hard graph soldiers, and one very smug-looking Zaku.

Well, the big Zeek is like three feet tall, so he already looks pretty smug towering over all my other toys... he definitely needs a T-61 to play with :p My only problem with some of the sets is that I have no use for the MS bits in some of the sets... but I really want the Anti-MS team now!

Edited by promethuem5

Just watch the Ep 2 DVD of Igloo2, damn! What an awesome series. And I had no idea what they were saying!!

Although it wouldn't subscribe to marketing plans without five million different mobile suits and flashy characters,

I'd much prefer cell animated Igloo-style mini-series over the glam-bam series anyday! al la 08th MS Team

Individual series that follow specific units in some obscure campaigns during the One-Year-War and subsequent conflicts, just imagine.......

• azrael changed the title to Gundam Show Thread - MSG thru Witch from Mercury