• 2 weeks later...

Gundam Twilight Axis episode 2 (unofficial stream, I believe the rest of the episodes are exclusive to a Gundam club or something?). Not as nonsensical as last episode, but I still don't know what the frakk is going on. I'm just gonna wait 'til the last episode when the budget finally kicks in.

Ā 

Last Thunderbolt episode for a while, overall I don't think they handled the second season as well as the first but it was still a fun watch.Ā 

Ā 

Also it looks like the gundam info yt site finished uploading Zeta and is moving onto ZZ.

Ā 

Oh good! I'm about 1/2 way through Z, and Ā YouTube is much easier to watch than ... other places. I know ZZ is a very different experience from Z, so I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I am appreciating my chronological run through of th UC so far!

(except thunderbolt, since that's still in progress)

• 3 weeks later...

Finally we NEED IT with the faliure of Twilight Axis and no follow up shows to start now that Thunderbolt S2 is over. We need some good shows right now until the next big wave hits us and we splurge more on plastic.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:11 AM, kajnrig said:

Gundam Twilight Axis episode 2 (unofficial stream, I believe the rest of the episodes are exclusive to a Gundam club or something?). Not as nonsensical as last episode, but I still don't know what the frakk is going on. I'm just gonna wait 'til the last episode when the budget finally kicks in.

Ā 

watched all 4 episodes on Kissanime, really hate the fact the episodes are only 3 minutes, I also watched the new build fighters, pretty good, but it was only less than 15 minutes, now I am waiting for the DUB of Season 2 of IBO to air on toonami, waiting for the series to get a Blu Ray Release, now it would be nice if ZZ, Victory, Gundam X, Age, Turn A would all get dubbed including both the Zeta Trilogy and 00 Triliogy

7 hours ago, Dangerous_D said:

watched all 4 episodes on Kissanime, really hate the fact the episodes are only 3 minutes, I also watched the new build fighters, pretty good, but it was only less than 15 minutes, now I am waiting for the DUB of Season 2 of IBO to air on toonami, waiting for the series to get a Blu Ray Release, now it would be nice if ZZ, Victory, Gundam X, Age, Turn A would all get dubbed including both the Zeta Trilogy and 00 Triliogy

00Ā has been dubbed already.

On 8/10/2017 at 10:19 PM, Dangerous_D said:

yeah 00 has been done over 7 years ago at least.

10 hours ago, Dangerous_D said:

actually 10 years, aired in Japan in 2007

english dub, japanese dub tad different, and I did say OVER 7 years.

Ā 

8 hours ago, dizman said:

There is a ZZ dub though I don't recommend watching it.Ā 

Ā 

I vaguely remember seeing this....atleast was better than clash of the bionoids.

Wow sounds like they are going all out with that Wing box set, pretty cool they are taking it that seriously. I hope they do a crazy set for G but I doubt it.

The Seed and Destiny re dub is a strange choice, I guess Bandai wants to retry marketing it in the US with the HD remaster. If Bandai think it will become a cash cow here like in Japan I have some bad news for them. It's been awhile since I've seen both series so it could be a fun excuse for a re-watch.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
On ā€Ž8ā€Ž/ā€Ž13ā€Ž/ā€Ž2017 at 8:18 PM, dizman said:

Wow sounds like they are going all out with that Wing box set, pretty cool they are taking it that seriously. I hope they do a crazy set for G but I doubt it.

The Seed and Destiny re dub is a strange choice, I guess Bandai wants to retry marketing it in the US with the HD remaster. If Bandai think it will become a cash cow here like in Japan I have some bad news for them. It's been awhile since I've seen both series so it could be a fun excuse for a re-watch.Ā 

It isn't bad (currently rewatching the series with friends), personally I want to get a official re-release of 00. That and looking to get IBO this holiday season if it's still around.

00 is bound to be on its way in due time, Sunrise is making sure to get the whole of Gundam out to the Western world, and Right Stuf have been releasing them at a pretty decent pace. And 00 was pretty well received, especially after SEED and (ugh) SEED Destiny. No way they wouldn't re-release it. I'm looking forward to it coming around as well.

So I was wondering around Funimation's streaming series this week and noticed that while they did a sumi-cast of the dub for IBO it's not on their streaming service anymore. Anyone know what happened or where it went to. Like to listen/watch this while painting.

• 3 weeks later...

Re-watched Twilight Axis in its entirety just now, and... I had hoped it would be better with a second viewing after a few months/weeks, but nope, it's still as disjointed as ever. The last "episode" engages in some mindless aping of Evangelion, without any of the dramatic setup. I really wanted to like this show on the strength of the Tristan's design. Oh well. Looks like I'll just have to wait a bit longer to finally like this franchise.

Bandai's entire strategy with this story/merchandise has been confusing, to say the least. A good story told in 25 minutes isn't impossible; I'm reminded of Makoto Shinkai's breakout short movie, Voices of a Distant Star, which also ran about 25 minutes long but managed to tell a watertight story with unparalleled visuals to go along with it. Twilight Axis... doesn't. I don't know who decided to split it into six episodes, but the decision does a whole lot of harm to the flow of the narrative. Each episode has to waste runtime on intros and outros, so you only actually get about 22 minutes of actual animation. A single broadcast episode to show off half a dozen robots, two more robot fortresses, and a fistful of characters across multiple settings and time periods. Oy vey. (EDIT: Also that animation error in the final episode. Check the thumbnail; the "extra detail" on the shoulders. Yikes.)

Anyway, linking to the individual episodes in case you want to watch them too:

Ā 
Edited by kajnrig

I watched em all in one go and the nicest thing I can say is that it was an interesting experience. I guess it's a case of gotta read the novel (that is still ongoing I think) but they glossed over the more interesting stuff so they could waste time with a few boring fights. I don't even understand why there would be workingĀ MS or Mobile Armors left on Axis since in CCAĀ Neo Zeon was throwing everything including the kitchen sink into holding offĀ the Londo Bell forces. I heard the novel somehow ties into F91, nope nothing about that here. The more I think about the whole thing the more confused I'm getting so I'll just stop.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Kelsain said:

Argh! It looks like GundamInfo pulled Zeta from their official YouTube channel!

I've been watching that while I'm on the exercise bike lately, and was up to Ep 39. Man... Now I guess I have to find backchannels.

Yeah I heard they pulled Zeta and put up 00 and Seed Destiny, there's always the Blu-Ray releases though you can't watch them on the go.

Ā 

So new GBF Battlogue is out and it's a strange one.... kinda a mix between the old SD Gundam shorts and a super sentai show.

Ā 

15 hours ago, Kelsain said:

Argh! It looks like GundamInfo pulled Zeta from their official YouTube channel!

I've been watching that while I'm on the exercise bike lately, and was up to Ep 39. Man... Now I guess I have to find backchannels.

Yeah that happened to me the last time they had zeta up. Around the same episode too. Frickin annoying.Ā 

I checked out the remastered zeta a few months back but was annoyed at the black frame it has when you watch it in full screen mode.