I wonder if they'll ever get around do doing an animated version of Gundam Sentinel. Quite sure it would be very polular!

Oh yeah there would be a few very happy people if an animated Sentinel OVA was ever made. I'm just not sure if we will ever get there, it's an older novelization so it's not as popular as much of the newer stuff. It would be harder to turn into animation than a series derived from a manga which acts as the storyboards. I've also read somewhere that Sunrise doesn't own the complete rights to Sentinel, something to do with the magazine that aired it?

The biggest thing Sentinel has going for it are the mech designs and I'd say Katoki would love to go back and refine his designs for a new OVA. Most of the models are already made so Bandai just has to reprint them with an "animation color" to sell a ton on the cheap. I think a Zeta to ZZ era sidestory would be well accepted these days, people don't seem to be tired of OYW stories but something different is always fun.

All that said I wonder if an Advance of Zeta OVA isn't far off.

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn's Twitter account is hosting a poll to see which series you would like to see next.

• Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 2
  • Hathaway's Flash
  • Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam
  • A brand new Universal Century series

Crossbone Gundam is currently leading the poll, followed by Hathaway's Flash.

UPDATE: Crossbone Gundam has won the poll with 39%.

Edited by areaseven

Well, apparently I'm being personally trolled by the entire anime industry, because Nozomi have announced that they're releasing "Turn-A Gundam" on Blu-Ray in 2017. Guess who bought the DVDs a few months back because this was never going to happen?

Dammit, Bandai, you... let someone else do the work.

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Well, apparently I'm being personally trolled by the entire anime industry, because Nozomi have announced that they're releasing "Turn-A Gundam" on Blu-Ray in 2017. Guess who bought the DVDs a few months back because this was never going to happen?

Dammit, Bandai, you... let someone else do the work.

other than not pixelated subtitles I don't see what else could be improved between the DVD and Blu Ray releases. It's not like any of the Gundam shows we've received by right stuf are amazingly remastered.

Is there not a Japanese Blu-Ray edition that they are sourcing? Otherwise it would not make sense to press an "HD" version.

But generally anime planning and distribution in the west just sucks big time.

I really have a hard time understanding why these companies bother to announce anything when they can't even make sure to hold a release date.

My situation:

- Gundam Reconguista, finally going to be released in November after being on pre-order for almost a year

- Aldnoah Zero Part 2, pushed back to December, originally planned to be released over summer

- Z Gundam Part 1 and 2, pushed back to Feb. 2017, planned release August/September

- Code Geass Akito the Exiled, pushed back to Q2 of 2017 (one full year since I pre-ordered!), planned December

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn's Twitter account is hosting a poll to see which series you would like to see next.

• Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 2
  • Hathaway's Flash

• Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam

• A brand new Universal Century series

Crossbone Gundam is currently leading the poll, followed by Hathaway's Flash.

UPDATE: Crossbone Gundam has won the poll with 39%.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know what is behind Unicorn 2 - is there more material that can be adapted?

• 3 weeks later...

What's the old lady saying?

Basically she's the other side of the coin to the earth federation engineer. She grew up on a sealed colony without windows like Side 3 and got drafted into the Zeon army as an engineer. Her first combat deployment involved the raid on Side 7 to destroy the V project where she lost friends close to her and this is her first time actually setting foot on the colony in the documentary and she is have feelings of deja vu that she belongs there.

The part where she is staring at the Gundam head is her revealing that after Char blew it off in the final battle it wasn't lost to space, but captured by retreating Zeon soldiers and used for mobile suit research post war. She regrets taking part in that research as it led to more death and destruction. She then wishes humanity would have chosen a different path that used technology to bring people together and elighten instead of the vicious cycle they were locked in for most of the early Universal Century.

Her final words are a mirror of the Earth Federation engineer in that while he was born on Side 7 and lives on earth he longs for life on the colony, she grew up on an enclosed cylinder and longs for the chance to visit earth and have a sky above her.

And that's how you do a good ole space battle!

I got to say again...The Hype is Real! :wub:

Fukkin glorious all episode long space battle. You could smell the sweat and propellant fuel in this one. For those that say that mecha is dying I tell them, check out Gundam. It's still pumping out quality stuff episode after episode.

Fukkin glorious all episode long space battle. You could smell the sweat and propellant fuel in this one. For those that say that mecha is dying I tell them, check out Gundam. It's still pumping out quality stuff episode after episode.

^This!

And to add, the sound effects were top notch too! This episode made you feel as you were accompanying tekaddan in battle and not merely watching the whole fight play out on screen.

From the high level tactics, to the detailed perspective flows of the battle, bravo to the IBO team on this episode!

So, the Gusion has been upgraded wth a giant pair of side-cutters? I mean - I guess that's an ideal weapon against Gunpla - but wouldn't that weapon (and meta gag) be more appropriate in Build Fighters?

That moment was really quite silly to me.

I really like the Gusion Rebake from S1 - but I'm not too sure about the Gusion Rebake Full City. And just what the hell is that supposed to mean, anyway?