IBO is all the worst parts of ZZ and Wing mixed together, with the least mobile suit combat of any series to date.

I'll keep watching, but so far it's worse than AGE.

Ehh worse than AGE might be a stretch though I do agree that it got Wing's bad habits. I'd say IBO would be equivalent to 00's second season with less action.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Also, don't remember seeing this posted.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-22/gundam-seed-head-scriptwriter-chiaki-morosawa-passes-away/.98959

Now we'll never get the Gundam SEED: Lacus's Counterattack movie.

unless the script was already written out, it still might be possible.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

IBO is all the worst parts of ZZ and Wing mixed together, with the least mobile suit combat of any series to date.

Saying it's worse than AGE is fairly harsh. But I do agree that IBO is not all its been hyped up to be. I wanna say that the series hit its downfall after the controversial episode of shooting the first Corp guys.

Are you being serious Keith? You're joking, right? It's an extremely solid entry in the Gundam series and the spacing out of mobile suit combat adds to flavor. A clear case of "less is more". No 2 combats have been the same so far.

Not really a surprise but

RIP Biscuit. Too many death flags to get through to the end of the series for him. And he's not the last one I bet

I'm digging the use of melee weapons by Mikazuki in the Barbatos.

That's right! Tomino would never do that to his own characters.

Oh wait...

Tomino is different. A number of the character he killed off are characters people found irritating and unlikable. My problem with this is that a number of characters had chances to die that could of left just as much of an impact without it being a god dammit moment. I'm not happy in the least they made this move when a member of his specific family was already lost.

Are you being serious Keith? You're joking, right? It's an extremely solid entry in the Gundam series and the spacing out of mobile suit combat adds to flavor. A clear case of "less is more". No 2 combats have been the same so far.

The main is even more a drone than Heero, the Peacecraft clone is way too naive, and boring non-essenrial crap eats all the screen time. Tekkadan is winning by attrician. Their enemies are professional rookies, etc. This latest episode is the first "Gundam-y" one of the series.

Like I said, all the most borring parts of Wing & ZZ rolled into one.

The main is even more a drone than Heero, the Peacecraft clone is way too naive, and boring non-essenrial crap eats all the screen time. Tekkadan is winning by attrician. Their enemies are professional rookies, etc. This latest episode is the first "Gundam-y" one of the series.

Like I said, all the most borring parts of Wing & ZZ rolled into one.

Now I definitely know you're joking. ZZ and Wing, really?

If not, it's a massive of different strokes for different folks :)

Tekkadan is pretty much the Nehru Arghama, just with even more kids. And hell, we just got the female Mashima Sero in the last two eps. If you don't see the Wimg-isms, then you aren't watching.

Just got around to watching the latest IBO

I was hoping with all the obvious death flags between this and the last episode they would pull a switch to play with our expectations...... nope! I'm fine with any of the characters dying but at least try not to make it so obvious, kinda takes the impact out of it.

I'm glad I dropped off when I did. All the characters who have actually been carrying the show seem to be getting offed in quick order. Meanwhile Mikazuki remains the bore that he (presumably) is. The mecha designs haven't been quite as inspired, either. I got on board with the Barbatos and Graze and Hyakuri/ren from the word go, but since then only the Gusion has struck my fancy. The latest Barbatos redesign is a massive step back from the original.

Question: Is the upcoming Unicorn TV series just going to be the OVA split into 20-minute episodes, or will there be new footage? Or is it an entirely new production, like a side story or something?

I got my blu ray copy of Zeta Part 1 and was a bit disappointed....footage clean up wasn't as good as I would of liked for 50 bucks, and we again don't have the original opening and closing themes. At least the japanese audio remained intact without the 5.1 screw up audio like the English version has.

good news! Nozomi ent. aka the Right Stuf guys have announced they're releasing ZZ Gundam on dvd & bluray along with Gundam X on dvd only(no Japanese blu of X exists yet).

Hell yeah. I get to "ANIME JA NAI" in high def now :D

BTW, has there ever been a epilogue in any medium of what happened to some of the ZZ characters? Kinda wondering about what happened to Roux and Judau after they left.

Hell yeah. I get to "ANIME JA NAI" in high def now :D

BTW, has there ever been a epilogue in any medium of what happened to some of the ZZ characters? Kinda wondering about what happened to Roux and Judau after they left.

A much older Judau makes an appearance in the Crossbone Skull Heart manga.

Altho its orga is the leader but its definately Mika who beats the war drums! And could it be we just got to know the pilot of the trooper?
Remaining episodes shld have lost of action... :)

looks the trooper goes to gaelio...

post-15116-0-45413100-1457600189_thumb.jpg

Edited by seti88

I got my blu ray copy of Zeta Part 1 and was a bit disappointed....footage clean up wasn't as good as I would of liked for 50 bucks, and we again don't have the original opening and closing themes. At least the japanese audio remained intact without the 5.1 screw up audio like the English version has.

I've been watching the Blu Rays and noticed the same thing, maybe it's just that the original cels weren't perfect? That said I have been enjoying re-watching Zeta in HD, so much great art and animation in this series and the music.... ahhh so good.

I've been watching the Blu Rays and noticed the same thing, maybe it's just that the original cels weren't perfect? That said I have been enjoying re-watching Zeta in HD, so much great art and animation in this series and the music.... ahhh so good.

A few of the guys in my gundam group are rather surprised as they own the 0079 bluray series and say the footage is just so much better visually than it ever was before in past releases. But our theory is because Bandai/Sunrise have yet to release an actual Bluray remaster of Zeta which has us raising red flags on the ZZ release coming up in a couple months. Seems they're really just trying to pump out as many of the shows as possible to make a quick buck here in the US versus actually putting in some effort.

The opening and closing animation is probably the best out of the entire package thus far and again, that just bums me out cause it's the same quality you can see in "HD" on Youtube, exact same thing.

The english dub is still just as boring and almost lack of emotion as I remember back in 05 when I got the limited edition box set for big bucks. But at least the audio "enhancements" they did to that version aren't nearly as jarring as watching the 0079 movie trilogy, I mean we get the japanese audio but completely remixed audio track for sound....I just hate that. Why can't they just leave that stuff alone? It's why I couldn't even bother buying the ADV DVD's of Macross.