Guest davidwhangchoi

up to Zeta episode 32

comparisons of stella to four

i didn't like stella at all. maybe it's my ears, but i don't like certain people screaming. maybe it's the voice acting or character personality... it's gets really annoying. just a bad combo of her screaming and shinn's crying. i thought Emma put it great, that she didn't want to further kamille's mother complex when she was talking to capt bright. thankfully kamille's crying on Four lap was really short. definitely liked Four better. had it gone longer, i would've hated her.

episode 30:
i'm really starting to like the Jerid fellow, he's growing on me. don't know why but seems like even when he was being used and screwed over, he took it like a champ =)

episode 31 Half Moon Love:
once i saw the suits carrying sarah to von braun my first thoughts.... cyclonus and the sweeps :lol:

alright going to grab late lunch... will post more later

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I got to watch Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin II: Artesia's Sorrow earlier this week. Here are my thoughts:

I know this is a retelling of the original Universal Century timeline, but isn't it a bit too convenient to have the central characters appear together this early? Having the Yashima family help relocate the Mass family creates a loophole between Sayla and Mirai. Also, having Amuro not invent Haro might screw up his character in the long run.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i want to check out origins next. i just finished the final episode 50 of Zeta today.

What the hell, i think all the fighting went down the tubes and Kamille went all Kenshiro on the last two enemy ace pilots. was expecting a big dog fight.... all i got was some out of body experience and then superman untouchable gundam mode. really anti climatic battles. at least Char was still duking it out w/ old style gundam fighting.

overall, 3/4 of Zeta was pretty good, but the ending just seemed rushed and didn't feel complete but i liked it. i'm going to try and watch ZZ and origins next

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i want to check out origins next. i just finished the final episode 50 of Zeta today.

What the hell, i think all the fighting went down the tubes and Kamille went all Kenshiro on the last two enemy ace pilots. was expecting a big dog fight.... all i got was some out of body experience and then superman untouchable gundam mode. really anti climatic battles. at least Char was still duking it out w/ old style gundam fighting.

overall, 3/4 of Zeta was pretty good, but the ending just seemed rushed and didn't feel complete but i liked it. i'm going to try and watch ZZ and origins next

The first half of ZZ takes a total 180 turn from Zeta, which has put off many people :p

But if you stick through it, the second half or so is actually great (imo at least).

Guest davidwhangchoi

The first half of ZZ takes a total 180 turn from Zeta, which has put off many people :p

But if you stick through it, the second half or so is actually great (imo at least).

thanks for the heads up

guys, i'm watching Zeta for the first time:

My Zeta impressions so far:

i'm up to episode 13 ... i gotta say, i agree with whoever posted that Seed Destiny is a total rip off Zeta bc as i'm watching Zeta i kept saying to myself: wow, i've seen this in Destiny. and Zeta is so much older. if i would've seen Zeta first, i would've had more distaste for Seed Destiny than i already have now.

anyways, i'm digging Zeta, the shock kill have dropped off a bit.

The art style reminds me of SDF-1 Macross. donno... maybe Kamille looks too much like Max Jenius and Fa looks a bit like Lynn Minmay, (maybe it's the black hair and red outfit) i like the art style.

the plot jumps a bit in places. like why did the AEUG acting captain just leave for the moon once Bright shows up. just felt so random...

one last comment, there's a lot of slapping going on =)

That was me. To be fair, most AU series borrow from Zeta.

A round of applause for Mikazuki.

He becomes one of the first Gundam MC's ever to see through the disguise of a Char clone on the first go, LOL. And the ease with which he hugged hist 2 ladies? Impressive.

Guest davidwhangchoi

been watching ZZ

my progress:

up to 19-20 it's pretty rough....

really too silly. i'm trying to force myself to get to ep. 20 but it's hard...
what's w/ this stranger instant brother thing again... *eyeroll*

ep.20 aw.... i thought mr. wong was going to lay the smack down on Judau but it wasn't meant to be.

i'm now up to 37 and it's getting better but

how do they just take off w/o capt. Bright?

i know Beecha needs first hand experience on the bridge but this is
ridiculous going into a major war. it's just saying you need no organization to fight a war. i was willing to tolerate them being able to instantly fly bc they may be newtypes. but being captain of a ship, command of a bridge, ZZ makes it look like a complete joke. at least Char's Counter Attack, Char always respects Bright's strategy and experience.

i guess guess you don't need Capt. Picard, just put wesley crusher against the borg. lol

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

ZZ ep. 43

i just gotta comment before resuming. puru two has the most awkward laugh in this episode =D
watch the scene when she facing Chara, puru two's taunting chuckle is too funny. i'm going to try and laugh like this in the future.

finished ZZ,

where is Judau going w/ Roux? is just feels so rushed...

yeah, i didn't like ZZ too much... very anti-climatic. ending should have some sorta finale... did they run out of episode air time,

so Zabi family girl was missing,

is this it, no more to the story?

so confused... =/

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Watch Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, as it directly references elements from Gundam ZZ.

ok, cool i'll watch that next

Char's Counterattack got greenlit, and derailed the series.

i read about that, i heard Char was suppose to show up in ZZ but nixed in favor of the movie.

Glemy was not very believable as the main mastermind manipulator type.

Roux and Judau end up heading to Jupiter together, he had enough of the Federation/AEUG/Zeon and wanted to start a new life. Spoiler for a much later timeline manga series

Judau becomes a big business man selling Helium 3 I think. He even rebuilds ZZ and helps out a few people over the course of Crossbone and Victory Gundam.

Poor Glemy went from a joke character to a serious threat pretty quickly but the damage from when he was a joke was done. For an extra bit of retcon fun they dropped a hint in one of the later mangas that he was the illegitimate child of Ghiren, doesn't really change anything though. I wonder if the series would have been better off with Char taking his place but probably not.

Chars Counterattack would be the next in the timeline but seeing as you've seen it already Unicorn would be the next step as A7 said.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Roux and Judau end up heading to Jupiter together, he had enough of the Federation/AEUG/Zeon and wanted to start a new life. Spoiler for a much later timeline manga series

Judau becomes a big business man selling Helium 3 I think. He even rebuilds ZZ and helps out a few people over the course of Crossbone and Victory Gundam.

Poor Glemy went from a joke character to a serious threat pretty quickly but the damage from when he was a joke was done. For an extra bit of retcon fun they dropped a hint in one of the later mangas that he was the illegitimate child of Ghiren, doesn't really change anything though. I wonder if the series would have been better off with Char taking his place but probably not.

Chars Counterattack would be the next in the timeline but seeing as you've seen it already Unicorn would be the next step as A7 said.

ok unicorn is next

btw, i just saw thunderbolt ep. 2 really great

That's Bandai for you. They won't do an origins type anime but will remarked out unicorn is cheaper animation and drawn out dialogue. IBO has been bad enough in just using Gundam as a title name and then teases us with 2-3 minutes of mobile suit battles.

So, I'm at episode 17 of IBO. Really starting to lose interest. Does it get good again? They should have made it to Earth long ago. It was quite good up until they left Mars.

I'm thinking of abandoning the series at this point, and doing something better with my TV-watching time, like catching up on Walking Dead.

So, I'm at episode 17 of IBO. Really starting to lose interest. Does it get good again? They should have made it to Earth long ago. It was quite good up until they left Mars.

I'm thinking of abandoning the series at this point, and doing something better with my TV-watching time, like catching up on Walking Dead.

Not really, this recent post over at /r/Gundam sums it up perfectly for me.

I like IBO but it's also a disappointing series. The first 2 episodes were amazing. It was being set up really well from characters to world-building and it felt like a really mature show.

It had moments of comedy but for the most part it was tense. The mobile workers are battling it out and then the first mobile weapon appears and it's such a massive change in scale that it was awe-inspiring. You could really feel how rare and powerful they were supposed to be.

Fast forward into the season and that tension that pervaded the first 2/3ish episodes and really made the show feel powerful is completely gone.

IBO at this point in the season is so heavyhanded with everything that it's frustrating. People make drinking game jokes because characters have become so cliche and caricatures of themselves.

It's like everytime someone has dialogue they'll spout something off from their list of approved dialogue: Atra love, Orga family/paternal, Mika being strong/admiring Kudelia, harem people how much they love the boss. The characters are one-dimensional and they waste so much time every episode having characters talk about stuff that isn't actually developing them, it's just repeating themselves and adding exposition into it.

The exposition is terrible. There's too much that's repeated over and over again that the show has been slown down to a crawl because they stop to everything in these long awkward dialogue scenes.

I could keep going but it's already too long. I love the show, but it's disappointing because it started great and really dropped the ball to just being above average but now 20 episodes in I can't even call it that anymore.

Origin III Trailer #2

Edited by joppewo