I can't say I was surprised by how it turned out. Disappointed, but not surprised. I really would have preferred Kudelia being the one shot, with Fumitan two steps too late. Fumitan changes because of this, and she becomes an active player in the story.

But anyway, that's the end of that, it seems. It was fun while it lasted. Some neat mecha designs and definitely an interesting supporting cast set in an interesting world. I hope something more comes out of Orga and Merribit, be it romance, friendship, rivalry, betrayal, etc. There's chemistry there.

Maybe I'll binge the rest of the season/series when it finishes. But I'll spare you all the weekly whinging and moaning. ;)

Any anime recommendations to tide me over in the meantime?

EDIT:

The dishes in the video above (part romaji-ization, part guesswork):

- Gandamu VS Chaazaku raisu (Gundam VS Char's Zaku rice), 1296 yen

The sausage is a beam saber, the drumstick is the heat hawk. Seems the "shield" at the bottom is scrambled eggs? Not sure what the brown stuff is.

- Baaggai(?) III no pankeeki (Bearguy III pancake), 778 yen

A small cake. Digging the lemon ears.

- Chaazaku raisu LEVEL5 (Char's Zaku rice LEVEL5), 4536 yen

More fried rice, and more scrambled egg beneath? Serving sizes ("levels") from 1 to 5.

Edited by kajnrig

Guest davidwhangchoi

guys, i'm watching Zeta for the first time:

My Zeta impressions so far:

i'm up to episode 13 ... i gotta say, i agree with whoever posted that Seed Destiny is a total rip off Zeta bc as i'm watching Zeta i kept saying to myself: wow, i've seen this in Destiny. and Zeta is so much older. if i would've seen Zeta first, i would've had more distaste for Seed Destiny than i already have now.

anyways, i'm digging Zeta, the shock kill have dropped off a bit.
The art style reminds me of SDF-1 Macross. donno... maybe Kamille looks too much like Max Jenius and Fa looks a bit like Lynn Minmay, (maybe it's the black hair and red outfit) i like the art style.

the plot jumps a bit in places. like why did the AEUG acting captain just leave for the moon once Bright shows up. just felt so random...

one last comment, there's a lot of slapping going on =)

Zeta is slap/punch central and no one is safe, it's the best! Light spoilers for Captain Henken

As I recall captain Henken gives up command to Bright because he has more experience and is a better leader overall. He'll be back though, no worries.

guys, i'm watching Zeta for the first time:

My Zeta impressions so far:

i'm up to episode 13 ... i gotta say, i agree with whoever posted that Seed Destiny is a total rip off Zeta bc as i'm watching Zeta i kept saying to myself: wow, i've seen this in Destiny. and Zeta is so much older. if i would've seen Zeta first, i would've had more distaste for Seed Destiny than i already have now.

anyways, i'm digging Zeta, the shock kill have dropped off a bit.

The art style reminds me of SDF-1 Macross. donno... maybe Kamille looks too much like Max Jenius and Fa looks a bit like Lynn Minmay, (maybe it's the black hair and red outfit) i like the art style.

the plot jumps a bit in places. like why did the AEUG acting captain just leave for the moon once Bright shows up. just felt so random...

one last comment, there's a lot of slapping going on =)

It was early 80s animation style.

And don't worry,

That feeling of SEED Destiny rip-off will go away around episode 22 when things switch back to space. Then SEED Destiny will rip-off SEED. :D

And the slapping/punching is the best part.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Zeta is slap/punch central and no one is safe, it's the best! Light spoilers for Captain Henken

As I recall captain Henken gives up command to Bright because he has more experience and is a better leader overall. He'll be back though, no worries.

ok, that's good to hear. i watched F91 and thought: "oh no" here we go again w/ the rush of plot. i also finished reading crossbone gundam manga and onto the sequels (probably after zeta)

It was early 80s animation style.

And don't worry,

That feeling of SEED Destiny rip-off will go away around episode 22 when things switch back to space. Then SEED Destiny will rip-off SEED. :D

And the slapping/punching is the best part.

Oh man! i just finished episode 13-14 and Quattro gets a haymaker. even Capt Bright gets the sh!t kicked in, no one's off limits. lol If Shinn got the beatings Kamille got, he'd be a different person :lol:

Edited by davidwhangchoi