Seems like the first Thunderbolt trailer will be screened tomorrow @ selected showings for the Origin II in Japan.

Also, looks like some of the Gundam Unicorn veterans will be working on Thunderbolt

Was looking for the trailer...no sign of it yet....tho am not sure its a trailer or just an annoucement...

Already 5 episodes in and the title of this thread still says "Reconguista"...

out with the reconguista mess pls...IBO is way better even in at only 5 episodes...

I think all gundam anime threads should be nuked from orbit completely already.

We should just have only two Gundam threads: plamo and non-plamo toys.

Yup. So I'm going to lock the Thunderbolt thread and the Build Fighter thread as well. Must be consistent with thread locking right?

So why did it take you so long to make that decision?

Because no matter how many moderators you have, online communities are strangely short-staffed. Almost like some mods forget they're mods until the moderation they have to do becomes controversial.

I don't disagree with having one Gundam thread, but given how full of content some of those threads were, one wishes it would have been possible to merge them rather than just lock the smaller of the two.

If the Thunderbolt and IBO threads are getting merged with the Gundam Show thread, which does make sense, then I'm just going to put a friendly reminder to use spoiler tags for the new series. Some of us are waiting until IBO's run is done so we can binge watch the whole series, but we're still cool discussing upcoming projects and older series.

I've never watched any of the Gundam series, but based on the mecha designs alone, I'm not too crazy about the Thunderbolt designs, although I can see how they might appeal to longtime fans (nostalgic feel from early designs). I prefer stuff like the variable Unicorn Mobile Suits, the Sazabi, the Arios, the F-91, Zeta, and a number of others whose names I don't know and am too lazy to look up at the moment. The early Suits just never grabbed me.

For someone who loves Macross Plus, Evangelion, Full Metal Panic, and mecha shows in general, what would be a good Gundam series to start with? I wouldn't mind getting my feet wet in the Gundam Universe.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Always start with G-Gundam.

It's very funny and quite entertaining. Pretty straight story, too, compared to much of any of the Gundam franchise. Domon is just awesome.

G-Gundam doesn't require you to know or even care about what happened in the so-called One Year War of Universal Century storyline or the various derivative non-Universal Century storylines. All of it and all of their characters don't make any sense, anyway. It's all shenanigans to just perpetuate the "need" to be buying those endless gundam kits.

Because no matter how many moderators you have, online communities are strangely short-staffed. Almost like some mods forget they're mods until the moderation they have to do becomes controversial.

1) This.

2) Splitting off IBO because we didn't make a title change because we missed a post that asked for it? This was already THE Gundam Show thread and everybody watching Gundam stuff knew this was where to go for the current show. That said this type of issue is NOT an excuse to press the REPORT button to all Admin/Mod. PM a mod that's online or something. Cluttering up the forums with a duplicate thread is not an answer.

3) I'm re-opening Thunderbolt because Mikeszekely made a good point. Once Thunderbolt starts airing it will also be merged into this thread.

4) Build Fighter can stay closed. You can talk about it here or post the gunpla in the gunpla thread. We'll reopen it when Bandai decides that they're doing another season of it.

Always start with G-Gundam.

It's very funny and quite entertaining. Pretty straight story, too, compared to much of any of the Gundam franchise. Domon is just awesome.

G-Gundam doesn't require you to know or even care about what happened in the so-called One Year War of Universal Century storyline or the various derivative non-Universal Century storylines. All of it and all of their characters don't make any sense, anyway. It's all shenanigans to just perpetuate the "need" to be buying those endless gundam kits.

G-Gundam is a wandering samurai story who uses a Gundam instead of a sword as his weapon. I like it, it's fun. More super robot-ish then real robot.

Watch 0083. It's still OYW but it's got Kawamori designs and feels like Top Gun Gundam sometimes.

1) This.

2) Splitting off IBO because we didn't make a title change because we missed a post that asked for it? This was already THE Gundam Show thread and everybody watching Gundam stuff knew this was where to go for the current show. That said this type of issue is NOT an excuse to press the REPORT button to all Admin/Mod. PM a mod that's online or something. Cluttering up the forums with a duplicate thread is not an answer.

3) I'm re-opening Thunderbolt because Mikeszekely made a good point. Once Thunderbolt starts airing it will also be merged into this thread.

4) Build Fighter can stay closed. You can talk about it here or post the gunpla in the gunpla thread. We'll reopen it when Bandai decides that they're doing another season of it.

What about the threads for AGE and Unicorn? They're still open.

I've never watched any of the Gundam series, but based on the mecha designs alone, I'm not too crazy about the Thunderbolt designs, although I can see how they might appeal to longtime fans (nostalgic feel from early designs). I prefer stuff like the variable Unicorn Mobile Suits, the Sazabi, the Arios, the F-91, Zeta, and a number of others whose names I don't know and am too lazy to look up at the moment. The early Suits just never grabbed me.

For someone who loves Macross Plus, Evangelion, Full Metal Panic, and mecha shows in general, what would be a good Gundam series to start with? I wouldn't mind getting my feet wet in the Gundam Universe.

Zeta is still my favorite series, but it does require you to know who the main characters were in the original Gundam and have at least a basic understanding of the story.

For non-UC stories, I like G-Gundam, Turn-A Gundam, and 00 is pretty good. SEED and Destiny have some nice mecha pr0n, but weak stories and some of the franchise's worst characters. I remember liking Gundam X, but it's been awhile since I've seen it so I don't know that I'd recommend it. AGE starts off pretty good, but falls apart in the third act. Don't waste time on G-Reco, and even though it was actually the series that got me into Gundam, I've grown to dislike Wing.

Dude are you really going to be a dick about this?

Personal Attacks/Flaming.

Having an argument with another member is allowed. Substantively criticizing or analyzing the opinions, views, or statements of another member is acceptable. However, criticizing another member as a person for whatever views they may hold is not acceptable. Please discuss arguments, not each other.