Tomino is entitled to like or dislike whatever he wants, either way he's still a crotchety old man and wrong.

Well, yeah. I just said I don't blame him for not liking the least Gundam-looking Gundam, I never said I agreed with him.

I think liking Syd Mead's work and giving him free reign to do what he wanted until they were too far along to change it doesn't obligate Tomino to like it, or admit to not liking it 15 years after the fact. Should Tomino have checked on Syd's work sooner? Sure. Does that mean Tomino is partly at fault if he didn't like the final product? Sure. Does that negate his ability to dislike the design? No, it doesn't.

Spare me the B.S. Syd Mead didn't do anything without first getting approval from Tomino. The Turn A went through several redesigns during production of the show, and Tomino liked the original first concept enough to insert it in as the Sumo mobile suit. The Sumo design wise, isn't that far off from what the final Turn A design is, so this "free reign", "checked on him sooner", "its the gaijins fault" is utter crap. Keep in mind Tomino is the guy that gave us Xabungle's craziness, V Gundam's Bikini Bazooka Squad, and King Gainer's monkey dance. Quess is also his fault too so It wouldn't surprise me too muchif the mustache was his fault too.

I wish Gundam was still a thing here stateside. Hopefully with Right Stuf releasing Unicorn maybe someday we can get some re-releases of the series that were released by Bandai here. I doubt it will happen anytime soon let alone at al but a guy can wish.

I wish Gundam was still a thing here stateside. Hopefully with Right Stuf releasing Unicorn maybe someday we can get some re-releases of the series that were released by Bandai here. I doubt it will happen anytime soon let alone at al but a guy can wish.

The problem with Gundam in the West is (at least according to the guys in ANN like MIke O' Toole) is that Bandai really wants a big pile of cash for those licenses.

Sure, but Bandai is literally HG

HG_-_RX-78-2_Gundam_Ver.G30th_-_Boxart.j

Still moot, re-releasing a beloved design amidst MANY releases is entirely different than HG constantly releasig the only thing they have.

Build Fighters Try, G-Recog, The Origun, all upcoming.

Bah. Real Grade. More detail than MG and cheaper to boot.

More detail than MG?

I prefer to have my Gundams with a nice, solid inner frame with cockpit and pilot figure, which doesn't look like plastic matchsticks slapped together to emulate a frame.

More detail than MG?

I prefer to have my Gundams with a nice, solid inner frame with cockpit and pilot figure, which doesn't look like plastic matchsticks slapped together to emulate a frame.

RG has all that. Except the pilot is a solid piece and can't sit in the cockpit.

wel real grade is litterally the detailing and parts count of a PG and MG at the price of a HG scaled to 1/144...so yeah.

I remember how bummed out I was when Bandai USA pulled out and shut down. It really feels like there's a HUGE gap in the anime market now and no one wants to step up to the bat and re-release any of the titles cause Bandai wants a large sum of money DESPITE everything they get already.

I'd really like a second chance at owning some titles like Wing, G Gundam, 00, etc etc. Bums me out we'll probably never see this franchise DVD wise on shelves again.

• 1 month later...

Episode 3 of G-Reco is out and this show is starting to flat out confuse me.

Why aren't they treating Aida just a bit more like a prisoner? They could at least have handcuffs on her.

Why in the name of Minovsky didn't Bellri or at least Noredo try to stop Aida from making off with the G-Self?

Anyway, Bellri makes an interesting comment about how power and resources are regulated now by the Cordists (the religious dudes) because humanity nearly died out in the Universal Century. I suppose he could be talking about UC's devastating wars but I think he may be referring to something else. The UC wars we know about were definitely not about energy and resources, at least not primarily.

It's interesting that a (presumably) independent group would be set up to control resources but being centered around a religion? That practically screams "strategy to control the masses." You know the old saw: absolute power corrupts absolutely. Then again, I could be wrong.

Another thing was that Aida activated the G-Self with her "Rayhunton Code" like normal, but during the fight, Bellri touches one of the screens and the Code is activated again and the G-Self goes into Kaiou-Ken. Hmmmmmm...

Still no word about the space colonies. I wonder if humanity almost dying out might mean the colonies are either gone or abandoned?

When you gotta go, you gotta go.

I dare you not to laugh at this. :twisted:

When you REALLY gotta go, you REALLY gotta go

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

I think with Reconquista that Tomino has taken some of his randomness to the extreme. Still love the feel of the show though.

Damnit, why isn't Gundaminfo streaming it on youtube! I bet it's because freakin' Madman Ent licensed the stream in Australia, and now BV wants t9 hold out for U.S. money. Maybe I'll pester Crunchyroll... Hell, maybe Netflix will pull another surprise.

I sure hope so, announcing The Origin will have English subs would also work.

That would be awesome. The Origin will be a great, great show, which I really cannot say about Reconguista so far. I mean, I'm enjoying it, but it's more because of nostalgia for the Tomino style.

OMG OMG OMG RIGHTSTUF IS PARTNERING WITH SUNRISE TO RELEASE ORIGINAL GUNDAM AND TURN A!!!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-11/sunrise-partners-with-right-stuf-to-release-gundam-franchise-stateside/.79830

Origin is getting released in the US with a dub, and Reconguista will also be released too.

Edited by renegadeleader1

HELL YEAH!!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-11/sunrise-partners-with-right-stuf-to-release-gundam-franchise-stateside/.79830

OMG OMG OMG RIGHTSTUF IS PARTNERING WITH SUNRISE TO RELEASE ORIGINAL GUNDAM AND TURN A!!!
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-11/sunrise-partners-with-right-stuf-to-release-gundam-franchise-stateside/.79830

Origin is getting released in the US with a dub, and Reconguista will also be released too.

HELL YEAH!

Before I get to excited about Gundam in America, I remember that Right Stuff is the same company that brought us $30, single episode Gundam Unicorn Blu-rays, and I doubt that Gundam or Turn-A will be remotely close to what I'd consider reasonably priced.

Damnit, why isn't Gundaminfo streaming it on youtube! I bet it's because freakin' Madman Ent licensed the stream in Australia, and now BV wants t9 hold out for U.S. money. Maybe I'll pester Crunchyroll... Hell, maybe Netflix will pull another surprise.

Heh, from a European perspective your complaint is funny to read.

Turn A is the best? Huh. never really heard that one before... don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it.

I'm with you, thought it was good show, but would never give it a triple "A" ranking. Story and characters are nice, but when it comes to the robot mecha-pron eye-candy Turn A does not deliver at all.

I noticed on MW there seems to be a somewhat burning passion for Turn A compared to other places, maybe it's conditioning from constantly defending Macross 7. ^_^

Before I get to excited about Gundam in America, I remember that Right Stuff is the same company that brought us $30, single episode Gundam Unicorn Blu-rays, and I doubt that Gundam or Turn-A will be remotely close to what I'd consider reasonably priced.

Wish I knew they were selling for $30 somewhere else, I think I paid on avarage something like 40€ - 50€. But Gundam Unicorn was released like every half a year, so it wasn't that bad and looking back at the OVA, each episode has been a worthwhile investment.

If you think Unicorn was expensive in North America, you should see Japanese market pricing.