Guest davidwhangchoi

i thought she was smart but i guess she always had a hangover and couldn't remember her dates... she doesn't recognize Gato when he walks right past her in the first episode and doesn't know who it is. Then she tries to see Kou after pointing a gun at him previously and leaving with Gato. Why can't she remember what she did on her dates???

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i thought she was smart but i guess she always had a hangover and couldn't remember her dates... she doesn't recognize Gato when he walks right past her in the first episode and doesn't know who it is. Then she tries to see Kou after pointing a gun at him previously and leaving with Gato. Why can't she remember what she did on her dates???

To be fair, Gato did die so she had to go to her fallback lover. Congrats on second place Kou!

The webcast about Gundam starts soon. About 17 minutes later.

P.S. Simultaneous interpreting in English is also available.

Edited by antibiotictab

They revealed...

1, UC the episode 7, Tomino's Gundam Recongista in G, and The Origin will be released for the 35th Anniversary.

(Not a reconquista's typo, Tomino says)

2, The Gundam Exhibit

3, "Real G Next Project" for the 40th Anniversary (details unknown)

Thanks for the links guys. The Gundam franchise is really putting out a lot of quality stuff. Origin looks amazing and am I right in assuming that those 2 kids we saw in the trailer are Casval Rem Deikun and his sister Artesia? And the casket they are standing in front of is the man Zeon himself?

am I right in assuming that those 2 kids we saw in the trailer are Casval Rem Deikun and his sister Artesia?

Yup. The subtitle of the first chapter is "青い瞳のキャスバル"; "Blue-Eyed Casval."

Edited by antibiotictab

Thanks for the links guys. The Gundam franchise is really putting out a lot of quality stuff. Origin looks amazing and am I right in assuming that those 2 kids we saw in the trailer are Casval Rem Deikun and his sister Artesia? And the casket they are standing in front of is the man Zeon himself?

Yes they are. My goodness I knew Gundam since summer 1981 !

The very interesting thing about "Gundam: Reconguista in G" is that Tomino makes a space elevator related story.

I went to Meiji University last year. "Consulting The Future Society" symposium was held there at the time.

And one topic was actually about the space elevator things.

One of the guests was Tomino-san.

And one of the hosts was a member of Macross World, Renato.

post-14942-0-28699400-1395330357_thumb.jpgpost-14942-0-76356100-1395330389_thumb.jpg

post-14942-0-52354800-1395330417_thumb.jpg

Never read the Manga either, so my reservations are like azrael's. The character of Casval/Char has never captivated me as much as it seems to others.

The Gundam Reconguista setting is interesting, "Reguild Century" plays in the same universe after UC era.

What is weird though is that a later era Gundam is using a hard shield instead of an energy based one.

Never read the Manga either, so my reservations are like azrael's. The character of Casval/Char has never captivated me as much as it seems to others.

Not sure what kind of story the anime version is going to tell but the manga version is mostly a re-telling of the 0079 First Gundam anime. The story behind the Char/Casval character is a story arc that takes places mid-way through the series.

I'm pretty sure the anime series isn't going to only concentrate on that story arc as that would hurt Bandai's desire to selling more model kits. :lol: But I can understand the anime version starting with the Char background story as it's new and something that has not yet been told in anime form. Also, it works chronologically.

Edited by Vifam7

Woo we finally get some real Origin info! Has it been said if we are getting it in small parts like Unicorn or three movies like Zeta Remake yet?

For those who are interested, vol 5 of the english translated Gundam the Origin manga is coming out soon on amazon. They are great books, don't miss out!

Woo we finally get some real Origin info! Has it been said if we are getting it in small parts like Unicorn or three movies like Zeta Remake yet?

For those who are interested, vol 5 of the english translated Gundam the Origin manga is coming out soon on amazon. They are great books, don't miss out!

They said we're going to be getting four movies, the first of which is out in spring 2015. As to what exactly the four movies are about, they haven't elaborated. Although it does seem that the first one is mostly going to be about Char and Sayla.

• 3 weeks later...

BIg thanks to Azrael and areaseven for recommending Gundam 00. Loving the story and the great designs (specially the gorgeous characters) and animation.

I always felt like 00 was what Wing should have been.

Going to finally get around to watching some Unicorn tonight seeing how the finale is coming out in a bit and I haven't seen any of it haha.

Cool, a new series and a UC prequel!

Like the Turn A/Eureka 7 vibe from the show but they say it is kid oriented... Hope they don't screw it up like they did with AGE. That one was supposed to get a new generation of fans

Just wondering, which episodes of Gundam AGE are worth watching?

AGE is tricky the first 1/3 is incredibly stupid but tolerable the second 1/3 is predictable but pretty good and the final third, which is the longest of the three, is by far the worst animated gundam I've ever seen.

It not the worst animated, more like animated simple. There's not a tremendous amount of detail because the designer decided they should all look like blobs.

AGE isn't bad, but it's not very good. The first 1/3 is incredibly bland. If you strained MSG through cheese cloth, Flit's arc is what you get. The 2nd 1/3 is better, but still meh due to the compression. You've gone through about a year or something in the 1st 3 episodes of this arc. I would have liked it better if this arc was longer. That way I might care a little more. The protagonist and antagonist actually have a relationship you care about. The last 1/3... yeah, I gave up and only popped back in here and there. I was just unimpressed with the show by this point so I gave up and waited until the end to watch the final battle. The highlight was the conclusion of Asemu-Zeheart conflict which was better done in Memory of Eden-OVA compilation.