Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

Does anybody feel that the new MG RX-78 Gundam is a model of contradictions? I mean we get modern styling on the legs and arms, but retro on the feet and backpack. I mean, the Zaku update was just so darn neat, and this feels like a bit of a letdown in comparison... I'm glad I have my Version Ka models (Gundam and Wing Gundam)...

Does anybody feel that the new MG RX-78 Gundam is a model of contradictions? I mean we get modern styling on the legs and arms, but retro on the feet and backpack. I mean, the Zaku update was just so darn neat, and this feels like a bit of a letdown in comparison... I'm glad I have my Version Ka models (Gundam and Wing Gundam)...

MG RX-78 ver. 2 is suppose to be "animation" correct. Not so much proportionally correct. A proportionally correct version would have been the Ver. Ka or the OYW variants.

Pass. Not a fan of Infinite Justices colours or headsculpt.

The neat thing about models is that you can paint them. That said, I wish they would release Savior as an MG instead, but I suppose that Justice is easier due to the same internal frame.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Gundam noob, so bear with me..

I'm currently reading Yoshiyuki Tomino's novelization of Mobile Suit Gundam (which is excellent, btw) and in the novel the Gundam that Amuro pilots is completely white. Are there any offical models of this one? :huh: All i can find are pics of the anime one. Thanks! ^_^

Been kind of busy lately...

nce89x.jpg

abkm8p.jpg

2mcsm6e.jpg

35a8vmg.jpg

28lgodk.jpg

9zr1gp.jpg

55qadv.jpg

2145v1t.jpg

Also built Virtue and Nadleeh - now setting out to make Kyros... I'll say this much: it's one thing to build one or two of these ... but to have ALL of the Gundam OO sets.... I feel like a freaking factory :) It's like a part time job! Gotta build em fasta so I can still have some time in life to enjoy them!!

I need to outsource this!

VFTF1