Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

• 2 weeks later...

By wednesday I should receive my first PG kit :) I bought the RX-178 Mk II Titans version.

I've only build the MG Excess Gundam and MD Fazz. Is there anything I should take into account when building this kit? Some steps I should be careful? Potential weak parts?

Any input is greately appreciated!!!

With more than 750 parts I guess I'll have a fun time building it :)

I don't have the Mark II, but I've got the GP-01FB and RX-78-2 and they basically just build up like the latest MGs with a whole internal frame that simply has a whole ton more moving parts like extra pistons and sliding blocks and such to replicate the multi-stage movement... expect a bunch of core bits for the frame to need screws (provided) and just go thru the directions real carefully because it is simply alot of parts to work with.

By wednesday I should receive my first PG kit :) I bought the RX-178 Mk II Titans version.

I've only build the MG Excess Gundam and MD Fazz. Is there anything I should take into account when building this kit? Some steps I should be careful? Potential weak parts?

Any input is greately appreciated!!!

With more than 750 parts I guess I'll have a fun time building it :)

Just take your time and watch the backpack. The part that keeps the beam saber hilt holster/thruster assembly attached to the backpack can be delicate. On my AEUG version, I snapped one of them pretty easily.

1/144's are known for not beingn completly accurate to their boxed versions...so ifyou want it to look pretty close, be prepared to do alot of painting.

I can't tell you the number of times I had to paint an area cause it took decals instead, and that sucks.

Just take your time and watch the backpack. The part that keeps the beam saber hilt holster/thruster assembly attached to the backpack can be delicate. On my AEUG version, I snapped one of them pretty easily.

Seconded. Really pay attention to what you're doing on the beamsaber racks. Don't press too hard when inserting the ball into the socket, because the plastic is really weak there and will break right off. It's a difficult place to repair also, so really look out. Good luck though, other than that it really won't be a huge challenge.

Time consuming though.

Seconded. Really pay attention to what you're doing on the beamsaber racks. Don't press too hard when inserting the ball into the socket, because the plastic is really weak there and will break right off. It's a difficult place to repair also, so really look out. Good luck though, other than that it really won't be a huge challenge.

Time consuming though.

Thanks for all the advice ;)

I got my five Master Grade Kits today

F91

Wing Zero Custom

Strike Freedom

Strike with I.W.S.P

FAZZ :)

they'll be smaller than I expected when finished. Someone told me they'd be about the size of 1/72 VF-11B but it does not look like so...

New pic of the MG HI-NU. I don't know about you, but I really like this revised Hi-NU over the older bulky one. :)

and the list of new gunpla.

MG Strike Noir - March, 4,725 yen

HGUC Mass-Produced Gelgoog/Gelgoog Cannon - March, 1,680 yen

EX Model Hildolfr - 1/144, March, 7,140 yen

1/100 Akatsuki Full Set - w/ gold plating, March, 6,300 yen

HCM-Pro Gelgoog - Kuspen version, March, 2,100 yen

HCM-Pro Mass-Produced Gelgoog - IGLOO version, March, 2,100 yen

RRR SPT-LZ-00X-B Strengthened Layzner (aka New Layzner) - March, 4,200 yen

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by F360°

Agh, I was hoping they'd tinker with it some more since some parts weren't up to scratch/look right, but that didn't happen. I consider this to be a Hi-Nu ver.2(Izu?). It's lost its majestic presence somewhat, but looking at it as an entirely different design altogether, it's okay.

Edited by rikiryou

New pic of the MG HI-NU. I don't know about you, but I really like this revised Hi-NU over the older bulky one. :)

and the list of new gunpla.

MG Strike Noir - March, 4,725 yen

HGUC Mass-Produced Gelgoog/Gelgoog Cannon - March, 1,680 yen

EX Model Hildolfr - 1/144, March, 7,140 yen

1/100 Akatsuki Full Set - w/ gold plating, March, 6,300 yen

HCM-Pro Gelgoog - Kuspen version, March, 2,100 yen

HCM-Pro Mass-Produced Gelgoog - IGLOO version, March, 2,100 yen

RRR SPT-LZ-00X-B Strengthened Layzner (aka New Layzner) - March, 4,200 yen

1/100 Akatsuki......Did I not say it?

MG Strike Noir....Talk about milking Strike....Why won't they make a MG Akatsuki???? It uses a Strike frame....

Now for the solicits...

IPB ImageIPB Image

MG Strike Noir....Talk about milking Strike....Why won't they make a MG Akatsuki???? It uses a Strike frame....

yeah, but the Akatsuki would require more work, along with a new design for molding those gold armor so you wouldn't see the cut marks on the completed armor. Man those Bling Bling sure cost alot :(

The 1/100 is already at 6,300 yen, I don't even want to think what will charge for a MG version.

Indeed. :lol:

So... when does your crystal ball predict we'll see an MG Destiny, MG Legend and MG Infinity Justice? And if you throw in next weeks winning lottery numbers, I'll split it with ya. :D

Looks like we have a possible contender for the #100 MG spot. (BTW, it's from Evolve ../A which is coming out )

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6438/11696853844450yr.jpg

when does your crystal ball predict we'll see an MG Destiny, MG Legend and MG Infinity Justice?

MG Destiny...possible. MG Legend, MG IJ....never.

I don't think ther's going to be another PG for a while with Bandai releasing the PG Yamato ship model... but a GP-02 would be amazing, and HUGE!

And Az, Im fine with that Gundam Evolve being MG 100 or the MG Hi-Nu, so either way it's all good...

And Az, Im fine with that Gundam Evolve being MG 100 or the MG Hi-Nu, so either way it's all good...

Hi-Nu is actually #95. Strike Noir is #96. So we still have 3 more till the big-100

Now for the solicits...

IPB ImageIPB Image

All hail the prophet! :D

Looks like we have a possible contender for the #100 MG spot. (BTW, it's from Evolve ../A which is coming out )

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6438/11696853844450yr.jpg

MG Destiny...possible. MG Legend, MG IJ....never.

Hey. :( Not good news for me.

The 100th MG would probably be a suit that was used by Amuro Ray or Char Aznable, and thats not very many, since they brought out the Hi Nu Gundam, maybe they'll bring out the Nightingale.