Gundam Figure Thread

Nice to be back ^_^ , over two month ago I got the EMSIA Hyakushiki and thats one big figure ... I love it, of course not as large like EMSIA Nu Gundam & Sazabi. And why Bandai is producing an chogokin Z Gundam ver. 02 after five years from the original one. They should at least make chogokin Gundam MK-II or Gundam NT-1.

• 1 month later...
Found this figure at HLJ on sale, any one interested :

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN913937

While I like the manga esque look of the origins zaku I have too much gundam plamo as it is so I wont give in... But I dont see why this should be in the bargain bin on hlj... I guess it wasnt that popular of a figure series.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I just got my first GFF metal composite figure of the RX-78-2 with G-Armor and it looks great! Check it out!

post-8267-1217884860_thumb.jpg

Its pretty damn detailed IMO!

post-8267-1217884893_thumb.jpg

Heres a close up image of it!

post-8267-1217884925_thumb.jpg

Size comparison to a regular GFF! and look its the G-fighter!

From Guntoa :

Bandai announces Robot Damashii

GA Graphic posted a brief report giving minor details about the new Bandai robot line: Robot Damashii (Robot Spirits). This new toyline will feature 12 cm ABS/PVC figures with POM joints. The lineup will include mecha from Gundam 00's second season, Macross F, Code Geass, and Eureka Seven. According to Hobbystock's blog, it seems that Robot Damashii will take up the mantle of the MSiA and Offshoot In Action figure lines from here on. One of the things that differentiates it from the previous iterations is the use of 3D data modeling in the design. The new brand's name is said to come from a phrase uttered by Hajime Katoki, who tells people when things "need more robot spirit" (GA Graphic's report says it was "I don't talk to people who don't have robot spirit"). Tamashii Web has a small Robot Damashii page up. Guests included Bandai president & Chief Gundam Officer Kazunori Ueno, Gundam 00 mecha designers Kanetake Ebikawa and Takayuki Yanase, Bandai Collectors Division's Planning & Development Team Leader Hiroaki Tanaka, and Gundam UC author Harutoshi Fukui.

Further details:

Bandai plans to have 40 different Robot Damashii figures out in 2009, with the 00 release schedule showing 2 more figures in December, 3 in January, 4 in February, and 3 in March. Elaborating on the 3D data bit, one of the selling points is the synthesis between the 3D modeling and the prototype models, referred to as "hybrid modeling" (Bandai's Tanaka is quoted by ITmedia as saying "Mobile inspection is done with 3D CAD but we're also using handmade prototypes made by craftsmen to recreate the delicate features like the arms and wrists"). Another point is that the mold production is done using the same method as the Soul Of Chogokin line. One of the promotional displays promises the lineup won't just focus on the lead mecha.

Robot Damashii No. 0001 00 Gundam - October, 2,625 yen

Robot Damashii No. 0002 Arios Gundam - October, 2,625 yen

Robot Damashii No. 0003 Graham's Union Flag Custom II - November, 2,310 yen

Robot Damashii No. 0004 Cherudim Gundam - November, 2,940 yen

Seravee Gundam - price and date not set

Turn X - exhibit only

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys I just got my first GFF metal composite figure of the RX-78-2 with G-Armor and it looks great! Check it out!

Hey TransFan52,

Great shots! I got my RX-78-2 also a couple of weeks ago. It looks great and highly detailed. I was hoping that it could be more poseable like the 1/100 kits...but I think it's great especially with the G-Fighter.

I was planning to use the 1st 1/100 RX-78 kit to match the Zeong, but this Ka version work out pretty well.

Thanks for sharing!

post-2303-1220207137_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks. I finally got around to buying my first MG, it was on sale at HLJ.com so I bit the bullet.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN950539

Does anyone know if the internal frame on the RX-78-2 OYW (Animation Color) is different from the new v2.0?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, was reading all this talk of the HCM Pro figures being so good/cool and want to check them out myself since Im more of a action figure person than model(to impatient to build). I have an extensive collection of MSIA figures so HCM Pro might be where I go next. Im wondering where the best place to get the best price on them specifically the Hi Nu Gundam. That one caught my eye the most so far of them.

Hey folks. I finally got around to buying my first MG, it was on sale at HLJ.com so I bit the bullet.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN950539

Does anyone know if the internal frame on the RX-78-2 OYW (Animation Color) is different from the new v2.0?

hey UN Spacy, yep the v2.0 internal frame is very much different from the OYW version, it's a completely new design. :)

soo... is anyone going to be interested in the Robot Damashii line? looks pretty cool and they are going to be other robots from other series in it. i wonder how the posablity is cuz the commercials makes it look like it can really do anytthing which looks nice. hopefully someone will review before i jump upon 00 Gundam =]

They do look nice. I've got a ref. list up and running below and will add the link in my siggy soon:

ROBOT é­‚ (DAMASHII) - THE ROBOT SPIRITS

#0001 GN-0000 00 Gundam (BOX ART) (MATERIALS) – Gundam 00 - (10/2008)

#0002 GN-007 Arios Gundam (BOX ART) - Gundam 00 - (10/2008)

#0003 SVMS-01X Union Flag Custom II (GN Flag) (BOX ART) - Gundam 00 - (11/2008)

#0004 GN-006 Cherudim Gundam (BOX ART) - Gundam 00 - (11/2008)

#0005? IFX-V301 Gawain - Code Geass R2 - (12/2008)

#000? O-Riser - Gundam 00 - (12/2008)

------- -- Able to merge with 00 Gundam

#000? GN-0000 00 Gundam + O-Riser - Gundam 00 - (12/2008)

------- -- Boxset including a color variation of 00 Gundam

#000? GN-008 Seravee Gundam - Gundam 00 - (1/2009)

#000? GNX-704T Ahead - Gundam 00 - (1/2009)

#000? GNX-609T GN-XIII - Gundam 00 - (1/2009?)

#000? Type-02 Guren Mk II (Aerial Type) - Code Geass R2 - (1/2009?)

#000? RX-78GP01 Gundam Zephranthyes - Gundam 0083 - (?/2009)

#00?? Turn X - ∀ Gundam - (?/200?)

#00?? Zangetsu - Code Geass R2 - (?/?)

#00?? Shinkirou - Code Geass R2 - (?/?)

#00?? VF-25F Messiah - Macross Frontier - (?/?)

#00?? Nirvash Type ZERO - Eureka 7 - (?/?)

Any one know of a online resource for pricing the MSIA's that I have? The mostly all came from the US wal-mart release years back. I have a huge gob of them I am going to part with and need to put pricing on them. If you dont mind PM me the answer also!

Thanks.

Any one know of a online resource for pricing the MSIA's that I have? The mostly all came from the US wal-mart release years back. I have a huge gob of them I am going to part with and need to put pricing on them. If you dont mind PM me the answer also!

Thanks.

I don't know if Toyfare magazine has any pricing for the US Gundam toys releases recently, but I would say scour eBay to see what kind of demand this stuff is getting right now to at least make a partial gauge on what you could sell the figures at. You could also check out the for sale part of Macross World to see what others have sold their Gundam figures for.

Huh. I have two of em, never had a problem. But if you're looking for someone who says Bandai never puts out a lemon, don't look at me. In fact, I've explicitly said the exact opposite.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=635627

I'm not sure if breakage was widespread with that toy. Yours is the first report I recall seeing, but it's been a while since that came out.