Gundam Figure Thread

I was wondering where that had gotten too, curious that Gunota listed neither a price nor date for it, not sure if I want it yet. It would be nice to have a really good RX-78 figure without paying Fix prices.

I baulked a little at the price tag on the Destroy but then I remembered how big it's gonna be! :lol:

I estimated about 9" tall but then found this pic on toysdaily that says only 8", close enough for me.

post-1911-1174605018_thumb.jpg

Damn it! It does look really good... If it can turn it's waist, even with the core fighter gimmick, Bandai has my money (don't have a RX-78 yet so my conscience would be squeaky clean :p ).

Old news release, but I just got my EMSIA Zaku II from HLJ today, and I realy love this little figure. It's the most articulated Zaku ever, and I love the weathered finished. It holds poses fine, but doesn't have super tight joints, but it's really dynamic and fun to play with.

Old news release, but I just got my EMSIA Zaku II from HLJ today, and I realy love this little figure. It's the most articulated Zaku ever, and I love the weathered finished. It holds poses fine, but doesn't have super tight joints, but it's really dynamic and fun to play with.

The E-Zaku is great; that's why I have three of them. Only minor issue is that their stock weapon aren't that nice, but once you see a E-Zaku with twin shotguns... :D

I like the heavier looking machine gun that comes with the E-Zaku. The heat hawk is way floppy bc/ it's so thin, so it's worthless, but the bigger looking MG looks great. The only other thing is that the right leg missile launcher doesn't quite fit on right bc/ the strap parts isn't quite long enough. The figure is amazingly posable tho, and finally gives the Zaku the expressiveness it deserves.

• 3 weeks later...

The HCM-Pro #38, the RX-79G Ground Type Gundam is just out here in Hong Kong.

I just picked one up during my lunch break for HK$178 (US$22.82). That's an expensive price, as it's a just released 'hot' item. I'm sure the price will come down to around HK$120 (US$15.38) to HK$135 (US$17.30)in a week or two. Once the price comes down, I'll probably pick up 2 more, as this is my favorite Gundam.

It looks fantastic, with loads of Tampo printed markings. The sculpt looks extremely accurate to the lineart as well.

I haven't taken it out of the box yet to check articulation and the tightness of the joints as I'm still at work.

My only negative comment is that it's much smaller than I expected, but then I only have some of the Char's Counter Attack HCM-Pro figures for comparisson, and they are huge mecha, so I guess their size has spoilt me.

More comments tomorrow after I've had a chance to handle it.

Crappy phone cam pic of the box on my desk at work below.

Graham

post-11-1177053094_thumb.jpg

Wait.. Graham touched a Gundam! Oh Noes! The World is Ending!!!!111oneone!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I do actually like the following Gundam anime: 08th Mobile Suit Team, 0080 War In The Pocket & Chars Counter Attack, but that's all.

I really can't stand the rest of the Gundam anime whether it's UC, AU, CE as I find the mecha designs boring and the characters for the most part whiney and annoying. There's also too much suspension of belief involved for me to keep on buying the same "annoying teenage kid with no training somehow gets control of top secret advanced mecha prototype" again and again and again.

The only Mobile Suit designs I like enough to buy toys of (and then only if they are good toys (no MSiA, EMSiA or GFF PVC crap please) are: -

1) Sazabi.

2) RX-93 Nu Gundam.

3) Gera Doga.

4) Kampher.

5) RX-79G

6) Gouf Custom.

7) S-Gundam & variants (EX-S, S-Booster, Deep Striker).

8) Z-Plus.

Graham

the next gundam fix figure is confirmed to be the RX-78 Mushya Gundam, i would love a Heavy Command Gundam as well, but i would much raher see a MG of these.

chris

I'm a bit disappointed in the RX-79G HCM-Pro, which is a shame as I was so looking forward to this figure.

On the positive side, it has loads of Tampo printed markings on the arms, legs, backpack and even some on the weapons.

On the negative side, it's extremely small and articulation is pretty basic for an HCM-Pro. Maybe I've been spoilt by the fantastic articulation on the CCA HCM-Pro toys though.

Also, the grips on the 100mm rifle and bazooka are far too long and they extend out a long way from the bottom of the fist, it looks really ugly. The stored beam saber hilts are also a joke, being only about a third of the length and diameter of the powered up saber hilts.

My RX-79G also was missing one of the spare magazines that clips to the side skirt armor. :(

Graham

here is the next Gundam Fix, it is a grunt based off of the ZII. but what caught my eye is the fact that it says in the corner Gundam Ace Fix? is this some sort of new Fix series.

post-1669-1177663286_thumb.jpg

Edited by zeo-mare

here is the next Gundam Fix, it is a grunt based off of the ZII. but what caught my eye is the fact that it says in the corner Gundam Ace Fix? is this some sort of new Fix series.

I think that is only art from the Gundam Ace monthly and not actually a GFF release. I believe there's a section inside where they spotlight a different mobile suit each month.

Not a bad little Re-GZ variant, though.

That's not a GFF release, it's the standard "Gundam Ace" monthly magazine's MS spotlight for the new UC series Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. It's also NOT based on the ZII, but rather the Methuss. Notice the transformation scheme, shoulders and groin are pretty much lifted straight from the Methuss.

(Not deliberately trying to rain on anybody's parade here :p)

I'm looking into buying a Freedom Gundam model kit. But after looking at the available models I ended up really confused! I have been buying Bandai Kits for a while now and i've never encountered this...

I found this 1/100 MG one... I understand it has a metallic finish...

Then there's this other 1/100 one... which I understand is the one from SEED Destiny...

Then there's this 1/60 one which says Real Detail...

and last but not least this 1/60 light up one

Now my real question is... how do these compare to each other? Why is the 1/60 Real Detail the same price as the 1/100 being so much bigger? is the quality really bad compared to the MG? And then similarly how come the 1/60 ligth up one is almost the same price as the extra finish 1/100??

I guess I'm more interested in the quality of the plastic... Which one is better quality? Since there are all Bandai I'm guessing the plastic is the same? then which one is the most detailed? Any thoughts? Which one should I get?

Thank you so much in advance.

~Tico

Edited by Tico0001

If you ask me, if you want to get just one Freedom kit, get this:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN900741

its basically the same kit as the 2nd one you posted but with extra chrome finish parts (for the golden frame) and an extra action base complete with the wing funnel booster effects.

About your question about 1/60 VS 1/100....the 1/60 is just big, and that's just it. It lacks detail and the joints are not as good/poseable as the MG kit. Generally you grade the kits from the "grade".

Grades are No Grade, High Grade, Master Grade, and Perfect Grade, from lowest to highest. Those 1/60s you shown i think are under the No Grade category. So they're pretty big but their engineering is pretty simple with little detail.

yea image anime has it to as well as the zaku 2.0 i like them better because they ship very quickly from new york to massachusetts usually within a day or 2 i will have the item ( i have actually ordered on a monday morning and had it shipped in time for me to get it tuesday afternoon, this has happend a many times for me) and i have never had a damaged or lost items from them.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

I made some promises to take pics of the EMSIA Sazabi but was too busy to do so.. but now, better late than never.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I like this particular pose because of the ability of the beam rifle to sit right into the notch. I'm not sure if it's intended, but it is a very nice touch.

And one last pose:

IPB Image

I particularly like the way the monoeye managed to show up in this pic. It was a bit hard to get it to show up.

If you ask me, if you want to get just one Freedom kit, get this:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN900741

its basically the same kit as the 2nd one you posted but with extra chrome finish parts (for the golden frame) and an extra action base complete with the wing funnel booster effects.

About your question about 1/60 VS 1/100....the 1/60 is just big, and that's just it. It lacks detail and the joints are not as good/poseable as the MG kit. Generally you grade the kits from the "grade".

Grades are No Grade, High Grade, Master Grade, and Perfect Grade, from lowest to highest. Those 1/60s you shown i think are under the No Grade category. So they're pretty big but their engineering is pretty simple with little detail.

So that explains a lot about those 1/60 kits... I'll stay away from them then. I think I'll actually go with your suggestion and get that particular Freedom Kit.

Thank you so much for the advice.

~Tico

Edited by Tico0001