1/48 Max Or 1/48 Low Viz?

kyatsu

my friend left for japan today. he asked if i wanted anything. so, i want to be realisitc here. is it possible to find a 1/48 low viz or max in japan  especially outside of tokyo? kyatsu :unsure:

384310[/snapback]

I'm guessing just on pure speculation with what the market is like here (ebay etc.) that the max would probably be a little easier to find, simply based on the fact that the low viz was a limited edition release and it's commanding a huge price nowadays. I don't think you'll be finding one at the price it was released at i could be wrong though. Both are just about the hardest to come by valks since they've only each been released once.

Edited by Veritas

my friend left for japan today. he asked if i wanted anything. so, i want to be realisitc here. is it possible to find a 1/48 low viz or max in japan  especially outside of tokyo? kyatsu :unsure:

384310[/snapback]

I'm guessing just on pure speculation with what the market is like here (ebay etc.) that the max would probably be a little easier to find, simply based on the fact that the low viz was a limited edition release and it's commanding a huge price nowadays. I don't think you'll be finding one at the price it was released at i could be wrong though. Both are just about the hardest to come by valks since they've only each been released once.

384318[/snapback]

Actually I believe the VF-1A Max has been been reissued once. I remember Neova was selling a ton of the 2nd editions for $90 a pop here at MW some time back.

I just regret only buying one at that price, damn!

I agree the Low Viz obviously should be harder to find.

The max also will be difficult for now, but hey if they reissued it once before who's to say they won't do it again?

I think B. Faita found a LV in an obscure location. But from memory, there whould be a lot of Max left on the shelves, at less than MRSP as well. Last time I heard that they were going for $89 USD.

I think B. Faita found a LV in an obscure location. But from memory, there whould be a lot of Max left on the shelves, at less than MRSP as well. Last time I heard that they were going for $89 USD.

384430[/snapback]

thanks man, you give me hope. he lives in a countryside, so hopefully he can find the low viz and max? obi wan kinobi, you are my only hope. kyatsu :p

If you are going to japan, you may luck out and find a lowviz in a obscure hobby shop, you never know what you would find in an out of the way store.

or even perhaps what the american kids called papa san store. which are little corner shops at the end of the block.

the one that was near my house when i lived on okinawa had alot of big ticket priced toys for a papa san store.

thanks man, you give me hope. he lives in a countryside, so hopefully he can find the low viz and max? obi wan kinobi, you are my only hope. kyatsu :p

384431[/snapback]

No worries. Good luck.

If you are going to japan,  you may luck out and find a lowviz in a obscure hobby shop,  you never know what you would find in an out of the way store. 

or even perhaps what the american kids called papa san store.  which are little corner shops at the end of the block.

the one that was near my house when i lived on okinawa had alot of big ticket priced toys for a papa san store.

384432[/snapback]

That's exactly how B. Faita found his LV. Best of all they are usally still at MSRP, a bargain nowadays.

384431[/snapback]

No worries. Good luck.

If you are going to japan,  you may luck out and find a lowviz in a obscure hobby shop,  you never know what you would find in an out of the way store.  

or even perhaps what the american kids called papa san store.  which are little corner shops at the end of the block.

384432[/snapback]

That's exactly how B. Faita found his LV. Best of all they are usally still at MSRP, a bargain nowadays.

384452[/snapback]

No doubt! THe last few have sold on eBay for around 550 - 600 dollars. Not listed, but SOLD.

OUCH.

THe 1J max is a much cooler valk. For starters, it's max. And secondly, it has the fastpack. The box is way too big...but damn. Yamato makes some really excellent toys.

I hope I live to see the day a supersized SDF-1 is releaased. Like, 2 - 3 foot tall. A dream toy dating back to when I was a kid. These Yamato Valks are the Valks I always wanted. I love em man. I do.

I don't know about 3 feet tall. That sounds like an uncomfortable toy to play with :)

It'll be like transforming a small child :p

Even if Yamato releases a 1/3000 SDF_1, it would be such bad @$$ toy! Yamato, here is my wallet, now go build it!, Please...

Also include a CMs Cpt. Global with it (droolling)

dreams, dreams, dreams

You don't find too many of either in the stores but online you can find both and plenty others relatively easily. It ALL comes down to how much you are willing to pay.

385117[/snapback]

And thanks to you I will now have my Max! Thanks FM!

You don't find too many of either in the stores but online you can find both and plenty others relatively easily. It ALL comes down to how much you are willing to pay.

385117[/snapback]

And thanks to you I will now have my Max! Thanks FM!

386586[/snapback]

Fortress is the shiznet.

I don't know about 3 feet tall. That sounds like an uncomfortable toy to play with :)

It'll be like transforming a small child :p

Even if Yamato releases a 1/3000 SDF_1, it would be such bad @$$ toy! Yamato, here is my wallet, now go build it!, Please...

Also include a CMs Cpt. Global with it (droolling)

dreams, dreams, dreams

385096[/snapback]

Now THAT is what I am talking about.

Although, transforming a small child could be fun. :huh:

An updated SDF-1 would be a very popular toy. I have one of the US released MATCHBOX large scale ones...and although, you cannot deny it is an amazing toy, it lacks the detail of Yamato Macross. Not only that, but how amazing would a DYRL version be? (Although, I am a bit partial to the TV version. But, the DYRL is sweet, and it's never been done). Not that we can afford any new Yamato releases. Sheesh!

my friend found 1/48 yamato low viz. i just found out the good news tonight. oh yeah and it was under 200 bucks. i cant wait to get that baby. man, that is probably the best thing i ever gotten from japan (second to my doraemon alarm clock that i got from my friend as a graduation gift). sweet, kyatsu :)

my friend found 1/48 yamato low viz. i just found out the good news tonight. oh yeah and it was under 200 bucks.  i cant wait to get that baby. man, that is probably the best thing i ever gotten from japan (second to my doraemon alarm clock that i got from my friend as a graduation gift). sweet, kyatsu :)

389500[/snapback]

WOW That is SWEET!!

Congrats man, welcome to the Low Viz club!

dude, this is like a treasure. i wanted to get low viz back then, but i didnt know it was limited edition (super limited). luckily timing is everything cuz now i have money and my friend just happened to be in japan. what a crazy world, but i am so happy to get it. i was gonna pay my friend to convert a 1/48 cannon folder to a low viz. i guess i dont have to do that now. i might ask him to do a low viz fastpack. and of course i will take my japanese friend out for a very expensive dinner for finding it. kyatsu :lol:

my friend found 1/48 yamato low viz. i just found out the good news tonight. oh yeah and it was under 200 bucks.  i cant wait to get that baby. man, that is probably the best thing i ever gotten from japan (second to my doraemon alarm clock that i got from my friend as a graduation gift). sweet, kyatsu :)

389500[/snapback]

You're a very lucky man! Congrats!

389500[/snapback]

You're a very lucky man! Congrats!

390644[/snapback]

Yes Kyatsu, you are one lucky fellow !!! So many years since the Low Viz was released and you still got one, I think you should also try buying a lottery ticket !!! :)

Edited by vanpang

all that i can say is that all i need is the low viz, maybe a vf-0s, monster, and hopefully a 1/48 vf-e and 1/48 vf-t (i am pretty sure yamato will get to them eventually) and last but not least macross. then i will be done with toys. kyatsu :D

384310[/snapback]

I think since these toys are for the Japanese market, you should have no problem fidning them, period.