6 Foot Long Daedalus Scratch Build Up

MechTech

The forums aren't allowing me to post video, I'll see what I can do.

This is what I spent most of my weekend doing. Everything is restored to working order now!-MT

post-2518-0-78459600-1421625508_thumb.jpg

Edited by MechTech

• 1 month later...

!!! FINAL UPDATE TO PROJECT !!!

[ X ] CONSTRUCTION

[ X ] WIRING

[ X ] PAINT

Go to the bathroom, get a snack, and enjoy the movie 'cause it's 24 minutes long - what'd you expect after nine years worth of photos and videos!? - MT

Video doesn't want to show, will try later.... - MT

Edited by MechTech

!!! FINAL UPDATE TO PROJECT !!!

[ X ] CONSTRUCTION

[ X ] WIRING

[ X ] PAINT

Go to the bathroom, get a snack, and enjoy the movie 'cause it's 24 minutes long - what'd you expect after nine years worth of photos and videos!? - MT

Video doesn't want to show, will try later.... - MT

We wanna see the video!

Wow!!! simply amazing, I'm speechless. Congrats, it must feel so good to have finally complete it. Can't wait to see you populate it and take a bunch of beauty shots.

Sorry for the late reply-lot's going on! Thank you guys VERY MUCH for all your positive feedback! Thank you Shawn, you originally helped me get some of the info over a decade ago!

Thank you to those as well leaving great remarks on YouTube! The video has two purposes, finally compile everything into a video (with motion) and hopefully help get me into a new career as professional model maker. An international (un blocked version) is coming up soon.

Thank you ALL as well for your encouragement over the years too, it means a lot! Here she is with a crate almost as complicated as she is! - MT

post-2518-0-34681900-1424992959_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-69481100-1424993194_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-40707400-1424993299_thumb.jpg

This is just . . . well just damned incredible! What's the crate for? Where are you shipping it? tell me you are not sending her away. I mean you are keeping this no? You should try to get a copy of the video to Kawamori-san & Kazutaka-san. I'm certain they would love to see it.

Thank you guys very much! Yeah, 9 years to really complete this after some changes in life.

There is not much in 1/200 scale so I switched to 1/350th. I've already got most of what I wanted in 1/350th scale.

Both here and on YouTube people are asking about a Prometheus or the whole SDF-1. The only way that will happen is if I totally lose my mind or some dude says "here's 2 million to build me one." Note the 2 million! ;-)

A 1/350th Daedalus will be very roughly half the size of this build. Parts can be vacuum formed and machined easily. This next build is going to be more digital and CNC cut to save time.

In keeping with my style, most of the same functions will still be available. Thanks again guys!

Oh, here's the rest of the crated parts. - MT

post-2518-0-96522900-1425303286_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-98323700-1425303339_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-20539300-1425303392_thumb.jpg

Edited by MechTech

this one is complete! he dismantled it for shipping and is going to start a new 1/350 project!

I was just being sarcastic - as in:

When are you going to build the rest of the SDF-1 with the Prometheus as well?

Cripes, at matching scale, it would be about 20 feet long!

Amazing work, MechTech! I still need to watch the video at some point.

I was just being sarcastic - as in:

When are you going to build the rest of the SDF-1 with the Prometheus as well?

Cripes, at matching scale, it would be about 20 feet long!

Amazing work, MechTech! I still need to watch the video at some point.

Ahh! Sorry about that! Hehe! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you very much guys - again- for all the compliments! I appreciate all the positive feedback and humor! :D It was a joy to build the Daedalus and share my passion with everyone.

My brain is already working the mechanics for he next version. How to make it simpler and cost effective to make (and you guys buy a copy that want one). I'm trying to keep it mostly styrene too!

Still working on the international video version for you guys across the ocean! - MT