New South Park

• 5 months later...

1008: "Make Love, Not Warcraft" - When the kids (and Randy) get into World of Warcraft, they encounter the biggest threat in MMORPG history (and even to Blizzard Entertainment) - a player with no life with the ability to kill anyone without agreeing to duel. After being killed off everyday, our heroes prepare to live a life of having no life in an attempt to save the game from being abandoned by millions.

I don't play the game, but I gotta say that tonight's episode was worth all the months of waiting for new episodes. Instead of a political or religious topic, Matt and Trey jab at the typical geek who does nothing but sit in front of his computer and play WoW all day. The training montage - featuring a new song from KISS lead vocalist Paul Stanley - is absolutely hilarious. If you haven't seen this episode yet, check South Park Studios for rerun listings.

Shameless Plugs

World of Warcraft

Best Buy

Rockstar Energy Drink

Live to Win - the new album by Paul Stanley

Edited by areaseven

1008: "Make Love, Not Warcraft" - When the kids (and Randy) get into World of Warcraft, they encounter the biggest threat in MMORPG history (and even to Blizzard Entertainment) - a player with no life with the ability to kill anyone without agreeing to duel. After being killed off everyday, our heroes prepare to live a life of having no life in an attempt to save the game from being abandoned by millions.

I don't play the game, but I gotta say that tonight's episode was worth all the months of waiting for new episodes. Instead of a political or religious topic, Matt and Trey jab at the typical geek who does nothing but sit in front of his computer and play WoW all day. The training montage - featuring a new song from KISS lead vocalist Paul Stanley - is absolutely hilarious. If you haven't seen this episode yet, check South Park Studios for rerun listings.

Shameless Plugs

World of Warcraft

Best Buy

Rockstar Energy Drink

Live to Win - the new album by Paul Stanley

Such a great episode.

I only got to see up to when the kids just challenged the guy after 7 and a half weeks of killing boars to level up....I really haven't laughed my ass off that hard on South Park since season 1.

I'll have to find that episode again so I could see the second half, but maaaaaaaaannnnn, I'm lucky I never turned into anything like that since I played the game for like a month straight.

That was a fun episode, I loved the character transformation into their post-WOW physiques. I imagine it was funny for non-players as well, but the little touches for those who played, the real game locations and character models, teamspeak, oh it was just hilarious :)

I'd rather be online in Hello Kitty's Island Adventure!!!!!

hahaha, this episode cracked me up so much, I kept calling the dude with no life Tim since a coworker talks, breathes WOW all day. haha.

he's gonna be so mad when I put up some wallpaper with his name on it when I get to work tonight...

This past Wednesday on South Park:

1009: "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" - Mr. Mackey gets enraged when he finds out that somebody did No. 2 on one of the urinals in the boys' restroom. As he tries to figure out who the culprit is, Cartman points out that the incident is a conspiracy like 9/11. Things get way out of hand when Cartman reveals the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks.

Once again, a great episode last week is followed by a mediocre one this week. On the first 10 minutes of the episode, we're led to believe that Cartman is the main kid of the night, as he's the one uncovering the 9/11 conspiracy. But right after he points the finger on Kyle, he just disappears as Kyle and Stan are the ones getting into a bigger mess in the White House. And how about them Hardly Boys?

Hardly Boy Frank: "I've got such a raging clue now."

Hardly Boy Joe: "Mine's pointing to the left."

1010: "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy" - As Cartman is chosen to be a hall monitor in school, Ike develops an unusual relationship with his teacher Miss Stevenson. When Kyle discovers their affair, he reports it to the police, who don't seem to take it seriously.

While tonight's episode has some funny moments, it quickly dies out afterwards, especially since the topic of teacher/student sex cases is old news. And Miss Stevenson's use of "the Mel Gibson defense" doesn't really help, either.

• 2 weeks later...

1011: "Hell on Earth 2006" - Satan's latest evil plan is to host the biggest, most extravagant Halloween Party in Hollywood. To outdo everything Diddy's ever done on his parties, Satan orders a life-sized cake replica of a Ferrari. Meanwhile, Butters does a "Bloody Mary"-type ritual and unknowingly summons Biggie Smalls from the dead.

This is probably the weakest Halloween special since season 2's "Spooky Fish" episode. Not much is memorable here other than Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy parodying the Three Stooges. Not even a surprise appearance by "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin can save this snoozefest. The kids hardly even do anything here.

1012: "Go God Go" - To keep himself from running impatient while waiting for the release of the Nintendo Wii, Cartman goes into suspended animation by having himself buried in snow by Butters until the Wii finally hits the stores. Unfortunately, an avalanche buries him deeper, and he isn't thawed out until 540 years later, where he finds himself in the middle of a war between two Atheist groups and a group of super-intelligent sea otters (who are also Atheist).

1013: "Go God Go XII" - After cooperating with the sea otters, Cartman manages to get a Nintendo Wii from an abandoned technology museum. Unfortunately for him, S-Video connections no longer exist in the 26th century. Frustrated by the Wii's incompatibility with future technology, Cartman acquires a time phone and attempts to call himself from present day to prevent himself from going into suspended animation.

What a comeback for this series. After putting up with three so-so episodes, we have a two-parter that, once again, mocks religion (or in this case, a lack of religion), and has everyone laughing from beginning to end. Fans of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century will have a blast with these two episodes. And the scenes with Mrs. Garrison and Richard Dawkins are a total riot.

Edited by areaseven

• 4 months later...

God, last night's episode was GLORIOUS!!

Now, I know why I waited until Wednesday night to watch "24".........so I would be in the perfect snippy mood to watch last night's South Park! :D

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Better late than never, I guess. But given the recent controversy surrounding the MTV Video Music Awards, Comedy Central replayed the hell out of this episode.

"Do you like fishsticks?"

"Yes."

"So you like putting fishsticks in your mouth?"

"Yes."

"What are you - a gay fish?"

1305: "Fishsticks" - Jimmy and Cartman come up with a joke about fishsticks, which brings the whole world laughing. Except Kanye West, who doesn't get the joke and finds himself offended by people calling him a gay fish.

Compared to other episodes, this one is considerably weak and will probably die out in a few years (but not before Kanye's career). But after the recent incident at the MTV Awards, people around the world hate Kanye West more than ever, and they have embraced this episode with open arms. Kanye's personality as a clueless douchebag is flawlessly portrayed in this episode. And the jab on Carlos Mencia being a total hack is spot-on. As for whether or not Kanye is a gay fish, who knows? Maybe Trey and Matt are right about that.

Here's an interesting note: Shortly after this episode first aired on April, Kanye was at a Cheesecake Factory in Chicago when he was served a plate of fishsticks without him knowing.

This just in, "South Park" still just as unfunny as it was 4 years ago. Full story at 11:00. :rolleyes:

You still get your news from the local TV stations?! :p

It's called satire; you might be entertained and educated by it.

• 2 weeks later...

1308: "Dead Celebrities" - Ike is tormented by the ghosts of Billy Mays, Farrah Fawcett, David Carradine, Ed McMahon and other celebrities who died this year. After failed attempts by the reality show Ghost Hunters and that old lady from Poltergeist to ward off the dead spirits, the ghost of Michael Jackson takes over the body of Ike while the other dead celebrities wait impatiently on the flight known as Purgatory. In order to release Michael Jackson and hopefully send the other celebrities to Heaven, the kids must fulfill Jackson's lifelong dream of being a little white girl.

I don't know about you guys, but is anyone here hungry for Chipotle?

Edited by areaseven

1308: "Dead Celebrities" - Ike is tormented by the ghosts of Billy Mays, Farrah Fawcett, David Carradine, Ed McMahon and other celebrities who died this year. After failed attempts by the reality show Ghost Hunters and that old lady from Poltergeist to ward off the dead spirits, the ghost of Michael Jackson takes over the body of Ike while the other dead celebrities wait impatiently on the flight known as Purgatory. In order to release Michael Jackson and hopefully send the other celebrities to Heaven, the kids must fulfill Jackson's lifelong dream of being a little white girl.

I don't know about you guys, but is anyone here hungry for Chipotle?

I loved this episode. Great season opener!

the one near my house closed at least a half hour ago. DAMN YOU, DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!

See, you're in the Bay Area, which is actually the birthplace of the giant burrito that Chipotle was based on. So you shouldn't complain, as you got hundreds of burrito restaurants next door that are 1000x better than Chipotle.