Comic Strip #1

Vinnie

Similar to pool. But played without a pool cue, typically on a snooker table. All by hand. A lot of pilots play it. Hell, there's dedicated crud tables at a lot of Officer Clubs. Here are the official rules. http://www.aifcv.org/pdf/CRUDRULES2000.pdf

Notice how a lot of the terms in CRUD clearly are aviation related (FOD, Foot off Runway, Holding Area, No Six, etc.)

Awesome! We'll have to get some CRUD going back at the company.

For anyone wondering about Port-a-potty shuffleboard, it's a far more straightforward game.

You see, the military uses port-a-pottys everywhere these days. Unfortunately, they have a tendency to place them very close to helicopter landing zones for whatever reason. Portapotty shuffleboard is played with a standard sized polyethylene outhouse, unanchored and on a hard surface. The object is to see which pilot can send the john furthest on an approach to landing.

Some basic rules:

-Approaches must be flown to the same general point and to the ground

-Hovering and hover pushing the portapotty is considered a foul

-Excessive pitch on ground taxi or use of ground taxi to push is a foul

-If the portapotty tips over, it is considered a foul (in every sense of the word) and the score does not count.

-Bonus points are awarded (to be determined by the judges) if a person was doing their business inside while the "puck" was in play

-I claim no knowledge of said game or it's rules when anyone the rank of Major or over catches you in play.

I missed out on the tournament in the Dominican Republic this past month, but I hear the winner sent it over 80 feet.