Comic Strip #1

Vinnie

the poor Lightning, I guess I'll get to see red on it afterall....unless the birds aren't red-blooded...

maybe we should bring the cult back?

EDIT: small nitpick here, isn't a VF's exaust supposed to be blue?

Edited by Lightning 06

New Comic

Me and Ben are working on #6 right this very moment. Once again, thanks for the comments.

Just some quick replies

-Blue perhaps, but doesn't work on this sky blue background.

-Speed a problem? Yeah, I'm just using the first couple strips to get a feel for the art and characters. It'll pick up.

-I'm national guard! So I can still play army and get my flight hours part time even if I did get a drawing gig.

-Hmm the cult... yes perhaps it's time it was revived.

post-839-1146505459_thumb.jpg

New Comic

Me and Ben are working on #6 right this very moment.  Once again, thanks for the comments. 

Just some quick replies

-Blue perhaps, but doesn't work on this sky blue background.

-Speed a problem?  Yeah, I'm just using the first couple strips to get a feel for the art and characters.  It'll pick up.

-I'm national guard!  So I can still play army and get my flight hours part time even if I did get a drawing gig.

-Hmm the cult... yes perhaps it's time it was revived.

395461[/snapback]

Nice. I love the sense of motion in the first three panels, especially the first with the thrust vecoring vanes deflecting.

I'd love to bring back the cult, but how do we get those custom member titles back?

FF-2011+.

-The Nameless Advisor

FF-2001's: can eat everything except Mallard ducks!

396794[/snapback]

397495[/snapback]

Well, in this case it would probably be the FF-2011 and A/C/non-letter model VF-4s. The VF-4G and 2011+ is way too good for the Pukin' Dogs at this point in time.

And for you bird lovers, that particular duck is the Ribbon Tailed Mallard. Similar to an Earth Mallard, but features a long shaftless tail feather that is shedable a defense against predators and handy tool for fan-comic artists to parodize missile contrails.

In any case, Comic #6 is on the way. I just need to do the backgrounds and shading, and it'll be good to go. Expect it tomorrow night.

*snip*

Well, in this case it would probably be the FF-2011 and A/C/non-letter model VF-4s.  The VF-4G and 2011+ is way too good for the Pukin' Dogs at this point in time.

*snip*

397516[/snapback]

I doubt you'd see many VF-4Gs in the UN Spacy outside VF-X squadrons. They always struck me as the equivelent of the VF-1X or the Lancer and Bison upgrades of the Mig-21. It's a way for poor independant colony worlds to have a decent VF complement without spending gobs of cash.

NOTAMS

06 September 2038:

YNAV Newport Field

A1534/38 QMHXX migratory birds nesting at departure end of RWY 32. Exercise extreme caution on departure or approaches to RWY 14. WIE UFN.

Holy, I thought 3 panels would be an easy one, but I guess not. I think I spent more time on this strip than any other to date. Hopefully the efforts are noticeable. Trying out a new font for the text, let me know what you think, because I'm not completely sold on that one. Else, just poking fun at the comments for the previous strips with this one.

And before anyone asks: Yes. Maria's skirt got about 6 inches shorter...

post-839-1147122902_thumb.jpg

Short skirts are always good. :)

This is a good one. Despite a simpler concept the artwork is much more complex. One things though Kristopf and Maria look oddly foreshortened in the last panel. Was that on purpose?

We need dueling Macross comic strips, or at least a cameo by little valk

398055[/snapback]

Like hell you do.

398060[/snapback]

LOL, hey VF5SS, haven't seen you on for a while, didn't you archive the little valk stuff somewhere?

Ack! Stupid sandstorms. I flew a mission north and got stranded at the forward team site. The patient made it to Baghdad, but the viz was way too low to get back to our base. Not a bad deal though, it was surf and turf night in their DFAC. But for replies.

-No the distorted perspective in the last panel was unintentional. I'll fix it when I get back to my room...whenever that is.

-Yes llamas. We couldn't think of anything more "out there" and simultaneously humorous than sucking a llama through a jet engine.

-Not sure who Jeff Minter is, but I'd love to know what he has to do with Macross and llamas.

-I need to see the Little Valk series. Seeing that "Small Veritech" ripoff made me vaguely remember the LV comic. Did it have the gang lusting after a VF-11MAXL? It also had a VF-4 in it, right?

Once again thanks for the comments. Hopefully I'll have some downtime soon to get the next one out.

The VF-4's name is Sparky.

398623[/snapback]

LOL!!! I DO REMEMBER! Oh those were awesome comics. If you need a place to host them, I've got plenty of room on my server space. I could even have the guy working on the Remove Before Flight site do one for Little Valk.

The VF-4's name is Sparky.

398623[/snapback]

LOL!!! I DO REMEMBER! Oh those were awesome comics. If you need a place to host them, I've got plenty of room on my server space. I could even have the guy working on the Remove Before Flight site do one for Little Valk.

398667[/snapback]

IMO, that would be awesome