Macross Transport Shuttle?

specr0101

I always wanted one. I seriously considered doing one myself. I've put it off because I'm working on a LARGER project. If I did one, it would be in 1/200th scale to match the rest of my scratchbuilt/Nichimo models. If anyone else is serious enough, I'd do it. It would be best to have someone else cast it due to logistics on my end.

Well I think all our master sculptors around here are busy with current projects. Honneamise with the Ghost, MSLZ with the Monster and the Captain is busy as well.

Honneamise would be my first choice though if he was willing to take it on next.

MAKE IT STOP PLEASE MAKE IT STOP! This is  what my wallet and bank account are screaming out this year. honestly save some ideas for next year :D

382961[/snapback]

Hey we gotta keep these master sculptors employed don't we ;)

That one is a cool subject, the more I look at the artwork the more I like it, but at the moment all I can think is "has to be 1/72" and "1/72 - too big for me right now" - need a much bigger pressure pot for things like this and more experience of course.

Still, great little shuttle. I guess it will be about the size of the Cat´s Eye or slightly bigger, so it COULD be done in this scale.

With the spacious fuselage it should be hollow-cast for reduced weight and this would allow for a full interior..... including Misa and optional shield for her chair....:rolleyes: OK I have to quit and go on with my molds!

Yes quit now before you start another project and nearly bankrupt me!

383221[/snapback]

Seriously. That shuttle would be something like 64cm long in 1/72 scale; about as massive as the Monster. A kit that size would be a logistical PITA.

383225[/snapback]

OK that is WAY bigger than I thought! Who can handle molds this size... maybe some 1/350 battleship manufacturers (but those guys are WAAY too serious for stuff other than their ships I suppose :unsure: ) :p , but still, this thing is not only long but wide too.... guess it´s nearly impossible to cast... and to pay the exorbitant price it would require! Even 1/144 would be BIG, maybe 1/200 is theonly way to go..

Obscure hunh? Well if ya like obscure what would ya say to seeing some of the DYRL Meltrandi Capitol Ships done up in Resin? I always thought they would make better lookin models than alot of the more popular Zentrai stuff.

post-2604-1143133016_thumb.jpg

If that's too big how 'bout this from DYRL?

383306[/snapback]

????? What is THIS??? I can´t even remember this little beast.... was that really in DYRL? Maybe it´s missing in the crappy "bionoids" Version I have? Fantastic!!! Abd even compatible with Ostrich boosters. :D

Obscure hunh?  Well if ya like obscure  what would ya say to seeing some of the DYRL Meltrandi Capitol Ships done up in Resin? I always thought they would make better lookin models than alot of the more popular Zentrai stuff.

383316[/snapback]

Well I'm more in for stuff that can go along with most of my other models in 1/72 scale. I'm sure if someone produced those and did a good job and didn't charge $200 for each of them I'd pick them up. But definately not on the top of my wanted list.

Grayson, why don't you start a 'most wanted' thread? People can request their most wanted model and that'll give the sculptors an idea of the demand for certain subjects. The top few choices can get voted on.

Just an idea...

Grayson, why don\'t you start a \'most wanted\' thread?  People can request their most wanted model and that\'ll give the sculptors an idea of the demand for certain subjects.  The top few choices can get voted on.

Just an idea...

383372[/snapback]

Not a bad idea.

You could then assign the jobs to sculptors (if they have time and are willing to take the job).

Will there be a limit run of kits? If you keep the number to a minimum you might be able to junp to the next project quickly, and keep the flame going.

:o:( Wallet...hurts, so thin, so empty like a fashion model :huh: need more money for super-custom-limited-resin models....help meeee :unsure::p:lol:

honneamise,

Why not make the transport shuttle in 1/1000? That way, it would be in

scale with the Oberth, would be small enough for your pressure pot, and

would be easier on our wallets. If my calculations are correct, it would

come out to about 1.8 inches / 4.5 cm.

You could have a whole line of small ships and transports. Think of the

diorama possibilities! :o