The Mworld Poker Tourny

yeah, it's gonna start after AX. A bunch of us are gonna be at AX anyway, so we can't play till it's over.

405910[/snapback]

Well, I don't want the game to go on all night. I think it should start at a decent hour so that we can finish at a decent hour. And the organizer should decide when it begins. For those who aren't there on time, they will just get blinded out.

• 2 weeks later...

The game will start an hour after AX closes. And the blinds should go up well enough to keep the game timely. All the rules will go up as soon as we get all the players... All I can say right now is that it's gonna be a standard Texas hold'em Tournament. 8 players per 3 tables.

Hey Exo, I have a friend from Denmark who's coming in and wants to play. Is there still room? If so, please put him down. He's a fan of Macross and is wanting to see the Macrossworld group. Let me know

:D

Also, I changed the third place prize to the new Kawamori DesignWorks book. I don't think the Hikaru man-doll is going to be released in time for the tournament.

Edited by >EXO<

Man, so now I gotta pick what place I want to go in, since that's how it pretty much went down when I played you guys that one time. We'll have to see how the Vegas skills hold up. Alright Exo, I'll let my friend know he needs to front up the money. I'm sending my money in tomorrow, BTW. :D

OK... the game will start at 7:00PM. One hour after AX ends so that's plenty of time to get there. We'll have pizza, discuss the rules then promptly begin.

Here's some of the rules:

blinds raise by 10

10-20

20-40

30-60

40-80

50-100

60-120

70-140

80-160

90-180

100-200

blinds raise by 25

125-250

150-300

175-350

200-400

*break*

blinds raise by 50

250-500

300-600

350-700

400-800

450-900

500-1000

blinds raise by 100

600-1200

700-1400

800-1600

900-1800

1000-2000

blinds raise @ every 25 minutes.

No rabbit chasing

No discussing hands if it's in the same deal, even if you already folded.

A player can't hint or discuss possibilities of their folded hands.

The next dealer shuffles their own cards.

If the big blind is taken out during a hand, there will be no small blind for the next deal.

We'll seat people randomly.

If there's a push and there's an odd chip left, then the kicker decides who gets it. If the kicker is the same then the odd chip goes into the next pot.

English only on the table.

No cell phones while seated on the table.

No eating on the tables.

No pouring drinks on the tables.

No spilling on the tables.

Players must show all their highest denomination chips at all times.

Verbal declerations are binding.

No string betting.

No actions out of turn. They may be binding.

You can only call "time" on a long decision if you're still in the hand. Players that have folded cannot call "time". A person has 40 seconds to decide. 30 seconds will be silent and then there's a 10 second verbal countdown. The player will forfeit the hand if they fail to decide.

No coaching other players.

Edited by >EXO<

Congratulations to

Phatslappy!

MWorld Series of Poker's first ever champion! First Prize was a 148 VF-1J/GBP bundle...

Snip312

for first runner up! 2nd place prize was a 1/60 VF-0!

and to SPYDERX23! who's not even registered on MW, haha for 2nd runner up! 3rd place prize was the new Kawamori Design Book.

NICE! Congrats Phatslappy!

Any big surprises? Any incredible hands?

413406[/snapback]

Thanks! incredible? Not really. I guess the only really notable play was from Bruinvalk. Bruinvalk showed up late. I'm not even sure if he had a single blind put in. But he sat down, and 1 hand later he stood up. I had A 4 in my hand. He had 5 2. He limped in on the big blind. Flop comes out 4 4 3. I think we checked it all around. Then A comes on the turn. Bruinvalk bets 250. I say, "I can't get away from this hand..." and I call. He goes all in with the wheel. I call. Of course Valkyrie312 did the same thing to me a little while later and took about 1000 chips away from me. The difference being I had pocket Aces when he got trip Jacks on the flop. I could sense it too, but I couldn't get away from the hand either. And I got the nut flush by the river, only to have the card that made my nut flush make him a boat. I could have pulled a Josh Arieh, but I didn't have it in me. When it got down to heads up, Snip312 was trying to play me without even looking at his cards. For a while, I kept having to fold too. He kept taking pot after pot. But once I started catching some cards I could play with, the tide changed for good. Evil was defeated, and MW Con crowned its inaugural poker champ! During the post champion's dinner interview, I posed the question to Exo: "So what do I get to win next year?" MUWAHAHAHAHA. Probably the best part of the poker tourney was that Kiririth's gf dressed up like minmei and served us drinks and cake. Oh... that's the other thing.... Eternal D is leaving us for a few years, so we had a cake with a picture of him...well it's the picture of my avatar, on the cake courtesy of NightmareB4Macross.

I was getting blinded out so once there was a good pot I went all in on pocket 10s, thinking I was gonna push everyone out... but just my luck, Solscud had pocket 9s and Snip312 had pocket Jacks... No one got anything on the board so pocket jacks won... taking both me and solscud out! Bastid!

I may have finished 4th (right out othe prizes, dammit), but I did have the honor of taking Pat out of the tourney!  :)  HAHAHAHA!

(Sorry, buddy!)

413519[/snapback]

haha, it's cool man. You had to call with your pocket Ace's. Bastid!! I had to call with my king queen suited. oh well, there's always next year's con! ;):D:p:lol:

lol... paypal threatened to close my account because I accepted payment for the tourney. One guy paypalled me and wrote "poker buy-in" on the subject line. I'm not saying it's his fault, because I didn't know either. But just to let you guys know... it's against policy... haha.

Next year, we'll call it something else.

lol... paypal threatened to close my account because I accepted payment for the tourney.  One guy paypalled me and wrote "poker buy-in" on the subject line.  I'm not saying it's his fault, because I didn't know either.  But just to let you guys know... it's against policy... haha.

Next year, we'll call it something else.

413828[/snapback]

Call it what it is... phatslappy's 1/48 Valk Fund.