Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

I'd pay good money if Kaiyodo made a scaled GIGA DRILL BREAKER.

They'd also have to include a separate stand. Would you guys buy it (if it retailed for $15)?

I would certainly kick reason to the curb and buy that up!!! Have we ever heard more about the add-on pack with all the drills and wings? I seem to recall pictures from WF, but no info. As is, I'm planning on getting a few Gurren Lagann Revoltechs just so I can have a nice display with various poses (gotta have at least one pointing a finger to the heavens!). B))

LOL :) Yes, there are some of us fans that don't buy a dozen of everything :)

But dont you want a Regult army? I have not bough multiples of anything (except for the purpose of kitbashing) but I just can't wait to have a whole flock of menacing regults to put in my macross display. Thinking of having just one regult makes me thing of the sad lonely thing with great concern :lol:

Edited for grammeer.

Edited by miriya

Just a thought, why is the Yen suddenly leaping so high compared to the US dollar? I just went to pay for the Starscream and Rodimus Revoltech's and decided to hold off a few days b/c the yn was only 97 to the dollar. That's a horrible exchange rate.

Gotta LOVE the Feds. <_<

:ph34r:

Ok so they are probably a nicer all round sculpt over the Revys, but they ARE more expensive.

How do the joints hold up? So far the Frauelin line is plauged with the arm pegs being too short, but figma?

Yuki's shoulder joint's are the same as the ones used in the elbows. So no popping off like the fraulein's. The head doesn't have as much movement as the revy's because it doesn't have a ball joint.

I havent decided on how many regults to buy but 1 isnt enough maybe 4 or 6 of them will do.

I buy them in odd numbers personally. :p I'd say 3 for me, with room for 1 scout and 1 glaug.

Remember Chara-Works with their 1/144 line is still a possiblity in making enemy mecha. I'd rather have an arm of that size.

Cherish the thought!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ok so they are probably a nicer all round sculpt over the Revys, but they ARE more expensive.

How do the joints hold up? So far the Frauelin line is plauged with the arm pegs being too short, but figma?

Yuki's shoulder joint's are the same as the ones used in the elbows. So no popping off like the fraulein's. The head doesn't have as much movement as the revy's because it doesn't have a ball joint.

Cool. :D Thanks for the mini review. I will prbably get a Figma figure one day, but something other than

what they are offerring at the moment. Imagine them doing the Macross figures (Hik, Roy, Minmay, Max, Millia, Misa,

Global etc etc) before Revoltech decides to. SOLD!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I guess they will be releasing an expansion set (like the EVA positron cannon) for Gurren Lagann since the wings and tiny drills that were on display with the figure at wonderfest winter are not included. They could also package those accessories with another figure like they did for Giant Robo and GR-2.

I guess they will be releasing an expansion set (like the EVA positron cannon) for Gurren Lagann since the wings and tiny drills that were on display with the figure at wonderfest winter are not included. They could also package those accessories with another figure like they did for Giant Robo and GR-2.

Not a bad idea at all. Since I plan on buying all TTGL Revoltech-related stuff, that wouldn't bother me one bit. LOVE the new pics! Does anyone have these up for preorder yet??

Not a bad idea at all. Since I plan on buying all TTGL Revoltech-related stuff, that wouldn't bother me one bit. LOVE the new pics! Does anyone have these up for preorder yet??

Ooops.... from the article it said that the Milia version Revoltech valkyrie will only be available limited thru order via the magazine. It won't be sold via hobbylink or hobby search. I might be able to get them here in Hong Kong :) and they will be doing the regult version too...

I need a Milia too. IMHO, only "weird" stuff like non-canon stealth and low-vis colors etc should be rare/limited/hard to get. Common, normal, desired-by-many schemes should never hard to acquire. (that goes for everything in the world, not just valks/revoltech)

Do the Japanese have a strange sense of Marketing????

Why force international customers to the secondary markets like Ebay and Yahoo?

With the dollar being so weak internationally these additional steps to get Japanese toys really hurt more than my pride.

someone mentioned that there were going to be no more Macross Revoltechs at all before. Maybe this is they're way of continuing the license without the legal issues...

Also someone else in another forum said this was a way to combat bootlegging... I don't know how but... maye it makes sense somehow...

That is pretty rude, making it magazine order only, what is with this friend shop homo activity??? It's becoming more common or what? Wasn't the Weapon version of the Eva-05 supposed to be uber rare but it even got a re-release in hlj.com.

HLJ sells all the Friend Shop exclusives, so its nothing to really worry about. But that doesn't help this mag order business.

Edited by GogDog

someone mentioned that there were going to be no more Macross Revoltechs at all before. Maybe this is they're way of continuing the license without the legal issues...

KHAN!!!!!

I was hoping that the license/legal issues was a bad rumor... guess not.

To reduce the number of fakes doubt that now everyone who gets a Max will make a Miria...or is Max also special release.