Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

Does anyone have pics of the Blue eva 00 and 02?  Cant find any

403441[/snapback]

Don't think they've released pics of the Blue 00 as of yet, but it's been announced if IIRC.

As for the 02:

http://www.atamaii.com/evangelion-010561.html

There's a couple more pictures of it floating around, including one holding the lance, but you get the idea. :lol:

When do you think the first three'll make it stateside?  I want my pre-ordered Dougram already!

403849[/snapback]

I read at one of the E-tailers, that the first three american releases (exactly the same as the Japanese ones, just being distributed by a different company here) were dropping starting tommorow. Let's hope so. :D

*Shiff* why can't the shipment for BBTS get stateside yet??? I want my Dougram!

In other news, I managed to snag a copy of the Figure Oh with the clear yellow Eva.... cost a bit much I think, but I'm jsut happy to have found it from a US seller. I'll let you guys know when I get it with some pics.

Collectiondx.com has a review of the dougram.  Looks awesome. But how tall are these guys? I was thinking the EVA's would be as tall as the old Eva's......I hope I am right! These things cost more!

404970[/snapback]

I think they're all around 6" in height. The American counterparts still haven't dropped at my local import store though. I'm starting to wish he just bought the Japanese versions. <_<

EDIT: According to the Collection DX review, the reviewer states the Dougram is around 12 CM in height which equals out to 4 3/4" on the standard scale. :D So i'm guessing most of the Revoltechs are at or around 5" tall.

Edited by Veritas

There's a comparison of the Dante next to some litle lookin Dante in the link a page or two back, and there's a shot of the Dougram next to the old school Takara Dougram figure... they're about the same height, and you can compare the 80s robot look to the new stylized Kaiyodo sculpting, which looks awesome!

I've got doubly good news....I got a notification that my Dougram from BBTS is in stock and going to ship soon, AND I got my clear yellow Eva.... judging by this figure (which is skunk plastic PVC cuz of the clear, so I assume that the normal PVC will be better, but this stuff is really fine) you guys are going to love these figures. The revoltech jkoints are simply awesome, great solid feeling ratchet, plenty of clicks for articulation, and they can really pull off some incredible poses. And for all you guys whining about 'big nut' syndrome, the Eva figure can stand with its feet touching and legs perfectly together..... it's got an athletic shape to the legs, so they look like a perfectly fit runner standing straight... legs bow and the hips and come together below the knees... looks great.

One thing tho, there's a picture of a clear yellow rifle in a seperate bag in teh magazine.... anyone know where I can get this? it's all in Japanese...I can get a scan up if that'll help.

I've got doubly good news....I got a notification that my Dougram from BBTS is in stock and going to ship soon, AND I got my clear yellow Eva.... judging by this figure (which is skunk plastic PVC cuz of the clear, so I assume that the normal PVC will be better, but this stuff is really fine) you guys are going to love these figures.  The revoltech jkoints are simply awesome, great solid feeling ratchet, plenty of clicks for articulation, and they can really pull off some incredible poses.  And for all you guys whining about 'big nut' syndrome, the Eva figure can stand with its feet touching and legs perfectly together..... it's got an athletic shape to the legs, so they look like a perfectly fit runner standing straight... legs bow and the hips and come together below the knees... looks great.

One thing tho, there's a picture of a clear yellow rifle in a seperate bag in teh magazine.... anyone know where I can get this?  it's all in Japanese...I can get a scan up if that'll help.

406254[/snapback]

How tall is the EVA? Is it the same size as the old kaiyodo EVAs?

One thing tho, there's a picture of a clear yellow rifle in a seperate bag in teh magazine.... anyone know where I can get this?  it's all in Japanese...I can get a scan up if that'll help.

406254[/snapback]

The rifle is apparently a mail order item. Cut out the coupon, fill in your particulars, and send it in. Goes without saying, its suposed to be in Japan only. More trouble than its worth.

Sucks about the rifle....guess I'm not getting one. It comes with gun hands tho, so I can use accessories i've already got.

I can't tell you if it's as tall as the old Evas bc/I don't have any, but I've got a comparison shot next to a 6" Snake figure... sorry. It's a little smaller than a normal 6 inch figure... I forgot to take a really difinitive scale shot, unless you want to use my fingers in the one shot.... I knew KingNor was gonna go nuts so I took a ton of action pics and some joint pics.... joints are as follows:

Revoltech ratcheting joints: Shoulders, elbows, waist, knees, and ankles....

Revoltech swivel joints: Wrists, and a double joint in the neck

PVC on PVC Swivel: 2 2D joints in each leg.... forward and backward hips and swivel thighs...

Doesn't sound like a ton, but the thing to remeber is that each Revoltech joint has THREE axis of motion! The middle joint, and a swivel for each mounting peg... all of them move!

I ran into one little problem too... the ankle guards are attatched to both the feet and leg in the mold with some little PVC tabs.... after a few forward and backward ankle motions, and tab molded to the foot broke, so now the ankle is just held on at the leg, which I suspect is better anyways as that wey it will be under much less stress....I think they wanted the ankle guard to move to cover the ankle when the figure was pointing its toes, but when you bring the foot in as far as it will go the other way, there is alot of stress there... small issue, but an issue nonetheless.

And without futher ado, here are the pics!

post-2015-1149787872_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149787887_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149787898_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149787909_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149787921_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149787931_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149787947_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149787961_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149787972_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149787988_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149788005_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149788022_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149788034_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149788050_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149788091_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149788152_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149788206_thumb.jpg

*Sigh*....you're gonna make me go find some figures for a size shot, aren't you? Alright...lemme go dig up some figures....I'll post up a size shot in about ten minutes.

I don't think we're paying for size here, I think we're paying for detail and a new joint system, which works really well, and is incredibly durable so far, and much more playable than alot of other super-posable toys... and besides, I'll pay 20 bucks a pop for the first toyline to do make proper toys of old school mecha like the Dougram and Ingram in a long ass time...

Edited by promethuem5

Alright, here's a size shot... and while you're still complaining about the 20 bucks... I think this line fills a great size and content niche, and is arguably the most playable toy line to come out since Marvel Legends, and maybe the best action figure line since ML.... especially with the spread of characters and properties it looks like we can expect....

That said, it's almost (but just barely not) more posable than the Microman figure.... but it still wins to me, because Microman figures are pieces of crap IMO... no durability or detail....

post-2015-1149792556_thumb.jpg

Well, I finally have the Shin Getter 001 in hand. Let's just say I was thrilled to finally have it, but not that thrilled when I opened it.

I purchased the piece expecting more joints like the Evas do, but was dissapointed when I noticed that the only "special" joints are located only in the knees and ankles. The remainder or tilted axis joints that aid in the dynamic poses, but really do limit the extent of what this figure could be if it had all the joints like an Eva.

While this should not detour anyone from buying the figure it is still a trully amazing sculpt that has excellent proportions, other than the tiny head. Paint is truly exquisite and clean. Accessories are just right for a figure this size. Price, you can't go wrong with something this small and packs and enormous punch.

All Hail Kaiyodo.

**Now to find the rest of these little dudes. B))

The Getter really only has two of the Revoltech joints? Weird....

After looking over it alot more, I think that the Dougram should really really have Revoltech joints in the elbows instead of 2d swivels.... it's got them everywhere else, and the Revoltechs work really well in the Eva elbows... maybe they'll start selling baggies of Revoltech joints... probably wouldn't be too much of a hack job to cut out teh Dougram's elbows and drill holes for Revoltech joints... of well. I'm thrilled with this line so far. Glad to hear the Getter's good too, even if it's only got a few of the new joitns, which is really weird. I woulda expected at least the shoulders as well..... that are a really good solution for shoulders from the Eva at least.