Any Of Youse Guys Playing Mgs3 Online?

I've never been able to justify buying the Subsistence releases after already paying for the original games. Kojima just can't help but push his fans to double-dip the MGS games, and I'm just not a fan of that.

The original MGS3 and a LARGE number of things in addition:

-the original "Metal Gear" and "Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake" for MSX

-Online mode with several different games

-Huge "out-takes" theater with humorous clips Kojima and his crew put together in-game

-(if you got the special edition), an extra DVD with basically a full length 3-hour movie version of MGS3 (using cut-scenes and a number of others made just for the movie)

I didn't get MGS2S for the same reason Duke listed above, but this one has loads more stuff that make it worth it.

The online mode is a lot of fun.

It is simple, straightforward and cool as hell.

381124[/snapback]

I saw the hilarious trailer for Subsistence. It looks like 3rd person Counterstrike with some level of roleplay involved.

PS: Curious, how does paper box disguises work online? :lol:

Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 aren't selling points to me, because I can and have played both of the original games on my computer. Its just that I've already paid 50 bucks for the original MGS3, now they want me to shell out more for a suped up re-release. Is the 3rd person perspective worth that to me?

Then wouldn't everyone just empty their bullets on every paper box they find? Unless there's tonnes of empty papers boxes in the whole map. :lol:

381292[/snapback]

Well, there are plenty of empty boxes scattered around the maps too, so it's a workable disguise. I've played as a spectator on a couple of matches watching people who actually use the box, and they've been able to land plenty of stalking kills using it (lots of people just run right by, since it actually takes effort to kick in an empty box). I watched a guy land no less than 5 kills in a row while waiting for people to run by his box before someone caught on and started shooting every box he saw (including this guy's). So, it DOES work!

Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 aren't selling points to me, because I can and have played both of the original games on my computer. Its just that I've already paid 50 bucks for the original MGS3, now they want me to shell out more for a suped up re-release. Is the 3rd person perspective worth that to me?

381315[/snapback]

For you? Obviously not.

The only thing the Special Edition adds is a DVD with all of the cutscenes rolled up into something like a 3 hour movie (with some new scenes to provide the necessary transitions). I *might've* picked it up if the store had it, but I don't know if it justifies the extra $10... the more I think about it, the happier I am with the one I got.

Definately worth the extra $10, but not the end of the world if you only find the regular version.

382076[/snapback]

gamestop had the wrong version for me on hold, and they were out of the special edition, so i got the regular edition and an extra 25% off for my troubles. i'll live without the movie.

I usually play on the Snake server as well, name is the same as Halo 2, Sarge051

• 2 weeks later...