Where To Find Zentraedi Units

skuggan

Hi

Im looking for some zentraedi units...

Yamato are doing some great 1/48 units but I want the zentraedi battlepod which I had when I was a little child altough it is gone now...

And to have the Roiquonmi Glaug or officers battlepod that Khyron manouvers would be sweet. anyone know if they are up for sale by any company?preferable in 1/48

1/48 would be HUGE.

remember, the valks in batroid mode are roughly the size of a Zentradi soldier.. so something like the Glaug would be like 2 or 3 feet tall i think.

afaik these are not in production in anything aproaching 1/48 scale.

I was looking for the same thing. Even if its not 1/48 scale I still would like to have a nice Officer's pod. Anybody know where to get one? Is the Matchbox version the biggeest and best one there is?

380244[/snapback]

well it's the best and only one there is. Matchbox made it back in the day and Exo squad reissued them under exo squad robotech. You can buy either, they're all the same except for some color variations from the new and the old.

The matchbox looks like it would be 1/72 scale or smaller. 1/100 scale?

How about the Bandai 1/100 Officer Pod poseable model kit? There are some on Ebay right now, anyone know if it is that any good?

380311[/snapback]

The Matchbox battlepods, designed to hold 3/34 inch figures, are more in the 1/55 - 1/60 scale. I had a picture of one of my Bandai VF-1s next to a friend's battlepod, and the scale was pretty close. I'll see if I can dig it up.

The Bandai 1/100 officer's pod is pretty good. It's posability is a little limited, but it looks sharp when completed, IMHO.

The Bandai 1/100 officer's pod is pretty good. It's posability is a little limited, but it looks sharp when completed, IMHO.

380313[/snapback]

I agree, the models do look pretty good. The 1/100 kit can also be found for a pretty reasonable price on Ebay because it was reissued not that long ago. If you want the 1/72, be prepared to pay $100+. The Matchbox toys are on Ebay quite often, but if you're going to display it next to a Yammie, it would be like the Mona Lisa next to a stick figure. The Yammies are more of a work of art, and the old Matchbox pods are "toys". Still, they are the only large zentraedi toys on the market thus far....

380313[/snapback]

I agree, the models do look pretty good. The 1/100 kit can also be found for a pretty reasonable price on Ebay because it was reissued not that long ago. If you want the 1/72, be prepared to pay $100+. The Matchbox toys are on Ebay quite often, but if you're going to display it next to a Yammie, it would be like the Mona Lisa next to a stick figure. The Yammies are more of a work of art, and the old Matchbox pods are "toys". Still, they are the only large zentraedi toys on the market thus far....

380342[/snapback]

I tried to get together with my friend, who makes toys, about 2 years ago or so. I wanted to make a series of 1:48 scale Battlepods. The Matchbox versions are the biggest, about 1:60 scale. My vision was to have the Battlepod include a full scale removeable pilot. The Battlepod I think was a good 6 inches taller than the valkyrie in battroid mode. It was HUGE. But damn, it would have been cool. I will try again to get that toy line going...of course, it depends on my current business doing well, me having the free time, me having the money (creating toys is super expensive), and hoping no one comes after me for copyright infringement.

Right now, I have my Matchbox battlepods next to my 1:48 Yamato Valks...and it does not fit...the Yammies are too detailed and poseable compared to the the Matchbox toys.

*sigh*

Maybe I can get that toy off the ground someday.

-Bryan Davis

I was thinking I would display it next to a matching scale VF. The 1/48s look good together by themselves. I saw some matchbox battle pods on ebay for about $60, but no officer pod. I agree they are very much a toy and lack the detail and feel of the Yamato stuff. That's why I was thinking about doing up a nice officer pod model, but 1/100 is quite a bit smaller than the matchbox, so I don't know. I was also thinking about the 1/60 scale Yamato female power armor, but I really want a nice officer pod.

The only enemy mecha that Yamato has made so far is the 1/60 Q-Rau in both Max & Millia DYRL colors.

Bandai, K&M and Tomy have all released small gashapon type enemy mecha figures in the last few years. These are actually not too bad if you can track them down.

Both the Bandai and K&M Regults were very nice, although obviously way smaller than the Yamato toys.

Graham

If you're interested / perhaps you already saw that a kit version of a Zentradi soldier was being offered here in 1/72 scale. I think Cap made it . cant recall at the moment.

edit : heres the link

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=17737

Edited by Macross73

The matchbox looks like it would be 1/72 scale or smaller. 1/100 scale?

How about the Bandai 1/100 Officer Pod poseable model kit? There are some on Ebay right now, anyone know if it is that any good?

380311[/snapback]

once upon a time a few of us got together and figured out the scales of all the matchbox mecha. I wished I had saved the list somewhere I could remember. It's on one of my hard drives somewhere but lord knows where now. I believe the glaug was 1/56 or 1/59 depending if you based height off the top of the head or top of the head cannon [there was muc debate so we listed both]. The 7" mecha were pretty much 1/55, the tactical was approx 1/56 scale. I wish I could find that info as we had all the math along with the results.

Now as far as pods go... I love the matchbox glaug. I have a couple of tactical pods but the really big marauder was my all time favorite non-transforming toy. The only toy I have more of is 1/55's because of all the varients and my jetfire fetish. [i actually traded a boxed tactical and a boxed officers for a boxed jetfire and to this day am uncertain if it was a deal I should have done... which if you know me should tell you something :rolleyes: ]

all in all I would recommend getting an exo-squad officers pod as it's identical to the original matchbox excepting a lighter color shade and will be ten years tighter and probably cheaper. Or if you are really desperate you could pm me and try to tempt me to part with a loose one. Ordinarily I would never offer but times are tight and yamato is releasing to much stuff and there is a gundam on ebay I want but just got outbid on :rolleyes:

I also have a spare mib 1/100 glaug kit I am not overly attached to as I hate building kits I would part with for current ebay prices.

Edited by kanata67