Macross Toys Value Predictions

Agent-GHQ

I was just curious about whether our Macross toys will worth anything over time? Like in 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, and so on years. Regardless of what company or manufacturer the toy is made by (i.e., Takatuko, Bandai, Yamato, Banpresto). So with that said, my question is what is your prediction? Please include some factors that may affect its value. Factors like 80s kids population, demand, rareness, manufactuer issues and so on.

I think that in about 50 years the toys will be worth nothing, because noone will know what the hell Macross was. People get into collecting products from a certain franchise first and foremost because they like the franchise. I think that, in 20 years time, the Macross franchise will be "dead", which means that no new toys/models/anime will be produced. Things like rare Batman comics are worth so much money partially because the franchise is so well known and alive since the early 40's.

Today there are so many franchises that Macross will just get snowed under by the bigger names.

BTW: I do hope I'm wrong though, and that in 50 years I'll be a millionaire because I imported Japanese toys that noone knew about in the early 2000's :D

After decades, will there be anybody willing to buy toys from original Macross at all? You guys who collect them now, were fans of Macross as kids mostly, would you have bought them if you hadn't even heard about Macross? (ok...Robotech too...) And there will be huge amout of them on sale at the time, but not many buyers. Otherwise, I would've thought they'd be high priced then. :unsure:

Edit: Oh, Dante was faster typing than me. :rolleyes:

Yeah, my son will buy all your Valks then for almost free. (I just don't have one yet) :p

Edit again: I just realized I can finally get them myself when I'm old shaking geek. Grandpa's Valk flying time kids! :lol:

Edited by Sdf-1

Monetary value wise, don't care, ain't selling mine. Never treated my Valks as investment. Beside, there must be better ways to make money.

As for demand prediction, the following is for sure:

- any line of toy ceaes to exist at some point, no toy production last forever;

- when that happens, there are always nutty collectors out there willing to pay a hefty price for ceased production items;

- when you are lucky enough to bump into one of these nutty collectors, you should robb them.

Factors: how greedy is the production line; how nutty is the collectors; & how greedy is the seller when he has a chance to robb. B))

I hope these toys don't appreciate in value so that all the speculators will stop eating up what few stocks there are out there, leaving the toys available at reasonable prices for actual fans and collectors.

People who keep toys for future investments are just silly people. I wouldn't sell my toys unless i really needed the money.

378566[/snapback]

I wouldn't call them silly anymore than I would call hoarders or completionists silly. Some people place a higher priority than others on collecting toys. Going into debt over toys, THAT is silly. If toys were but one small sliver of someones investments then no, I wouldn't call them silly. But if they are insufficiently funding their retirement or failing to take care of financial necessities (i.e. debt, loans, mortgages etc) at the cost of toys, now THAT is beyond silly... it is stupid.

I hope these toys don't appreciate in value so that all the speculators will stop eating up what few stocks there are out there, leaving the toys available at reasonable prices for actual fans and collectors.

378580[/snapback]

Dude Yamato will milk the cashcow as much as it can, so do not worry they will reissue and repaint them as much as they can. There is practically no issue with stock. If you miss out the first time or so just be patient, save up your monies and buy the next time around. Yamato is a business not a non-profit charity, they are in it to make MONEY. If you want reasonable prices having people buy more and more would help lower prices. But you know darn well they are not going to lower their prices. After all, why should they when they have a rabid fanbase that will pay their asking prices?

Factors: how greedy is the production line; how nutty is the collectors; & how greedy is the seller when he has a chance to robb. B))

378554[/snapback]

Back on topic, I think the toys will still be worth something but I don't think they will rocket in price the way the 1/55s use to before the NET. We live in an age where it is so much easier to find rare toys now compared to a decade ago. In 20 years I think there will still be collectors who might pay the current LV prices, but beyond 30 years I become less optimistic. Bottomline, I think demand will diminish as those of us in our 30s start to have greater priorities in life. And for the current teen aged collectors, they might be the main hope for the 1/48s, unless the redubs by Mari incite a whole new generation of fans.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

People who keep toys for future investments are just silly people. I wouldn't sell my toys unless i really needed the money.

378566[/snapback]

uh, I would have to disagree. My toy investing gave me enough captital to buy real estate wich led me to become a millionaire. There are people that are billionaires now because of investing in toys. Now when I say investing, I dont mean toy hording. I always see people on these boards saying that investing in toys is a bad idea, but I doubt that anybody in this forum is stacking greenbacks like me. :rolleyes:

edit - spelling

Edited by LORD KUNGFU

378566[/snapback]

uh, I would have to disagree. My toy investing gave me enough captital to buy real estate wich led me to become a millionaire. There are people that are billionaires now because of investing in toys. Now when I say investing, I dont mean toy hording. I always see people on these boards saying that investing in toys is a bad idea, but I doubt that anybody in this forum is stacking greenbacks like me. :rolleyes:

378622[/snapback]

Shirley, you must be joking?

(Airplane)

My toy investing gave me enough captital to buy real estate wich led me to become a millionaire. There are people that are billionaires now because of investing in toys. Now when I say investing, I dont mean toy hording. I always see people on these boards saying that investing in toys is a bad idea, but I doubt that anybody in this forum is stacking greenbacks like me. :rolleyes:

This sounds like an infomercial! :lol:

I think the reason toys form the 70's and 80's are collectible for very different reason than right now. Back then toys were bought and opened and played with. Sure some people bought them to keep that always happens. But for the most part now those toys that are desireable are rotting in kids toy boxes or in trash heaps. So there is a very low supply (in relation to what was released) of good condition toys. Now that I have the disposable income to get the toys I missed out on I don't want good condition complete stuff, but so does everyoe else. Now we have a huge demand. Everyone collects toys now. I see more adults in Toys'R'Us than kids. For a while my wife decided to collect Star Wars toys. She would wait for Wal-Mart and Target to put out new stock then go and buy the short packed stuff. Problem was so do a lot of other adults. People who saw the toys from their childhood become worth a lot of money are now trying to do it themselves. I see this happening with comics as well, but that is another story. Anyway my point is this, when it comes to tyos now there is a lot less attrition now than say in the 80's including Macross stuff. To exemplifiy this how often do you see losse Yamato valks compared to boxed Yamato valks on eBay. Or even Taka valks for that matter. This is just my opinion form my perspective. yes there is investment potential but not like there was way back when, simply because more people are doing it. The price of Macross stuff will go up simply because it is a smaller market for it than Star Wars. All I am saying is it won't go up as much as Taka stuff did in the 90's. There are exceptions such as the 1/48 Low Vis, and in its time the 1/60 TRU CF.

I think stram8777 is right on the money, as far as the huge upswings in value are concerned. I don't think the newer toys will appreciate to the same degree that we see in toys from the 70s and 80s, simply because of greater supply and access, and the tendency for collectors to keep items mint in box. If everyone's got MIB toys, the demand just won't go up. Which is why we now have short-packed figures... artificial scarcity for the collectors.

And by the way stram8777... it already happened in comics in the 90s and bankrupted Marvel when the collectors realized their books weren't appreciating like the classic books... but that <i>is</i> another topic...

I think that as long as we are alive we will see not so cheap Macross stuff. But then again, if a lot of us, the current collectors, get bored of collecting or have enough stuff (if that exists) then prices will go down because there wont be any interest in the franchise from the younger generations (unless they do more Macross).

I think that as long as we are alive we will see not so cheap Macross stuff. But then again, if a lot of us, the current collectors, get bored of collecting or have enough stuff (if that exists) then prices will go down because there wont be any interest in the franchise from the younger generations (unless they do more Macross).

378704[/snapback]

it takes lots of marketing, hype, and $$ to keep a franchise alive. look at the successful japanese franchises: kamen rider, ultraman, gundam- they have new stuff, be it TV show, models, toys, miscellaneous accessories, coming out year after year almost non-stop since their inception, pummeling their presence in people's faces and thus gaining new followers every year.

macross is just not putting out enough stuff to attract new fans. OVA's nonwithstanding...how many people would actually want to watch a 20-year old anime show?? My 19 year-old cousin already complaints that Macross Plus 'looks old' and refuses to watch it....even though i tried to convince him that although the graphics may not be as 'modern' as naruto, full metal alchemist etc etc, it's a classic. Macross is more or less a niche market now...kinda like Mazinger, Saint Saiya, Fist of the North Star, etc.

378566[/snapback]

edit - spelling

378622[/snapback]

:blink:

THen i humnbly am sorry if you took offence on what i said , but like most people said, there are easier/better things to invest on with less risk on returns than toys. Stock options are probably less risky than toys. :lol:

I always thought of the secondary toy market as the geek's stock market.

I can't say toy collecting is a bad idea,but timing is really important in respects to profit,for example in highschool(later 80's) I horded starwars toys,finally got two complete OTC sets,felt really lucky to find them at the time in the mint condition! fast forward 10 years and they were a burden,storage was pricey and moving was a pain,so I sold them and made enough to put a nice chunk down on my first house! it was cool that a hobby that others laughed at me for funded a house that later the same people called me creative for how I paid for the house! hmm full circle :D now I wouldn't dream of doing it again because the market is just flooded with good lines and people have great choices! I think that(lots of(quality) choices) devalues all the toys collectability and values,I guess if you find the right "thing" and the timing is right,go for it! if not buy IRA's or TSA's or even stock in future tech company's? who knows? really? just have fun :p

Don't you guys watch Antique Road Show? ok I don't watch it either... but whenever I see it there's some crappy old toy that's worth thousands... I'd say it'll appreciate value but not as exponentially like those old handmade crap.

I'd love the hear the distinction between toy hoarding and investing. :lol: Hoarders listen up. :lol::p

378656[/snapback]

ok, let me explain - for example, If I said I was going to invest in microsoft, that doesnt mean that I will go to best buy and buy out all the microsoft products and hord them in my garage for 20 years hoping they will go up in value, hmmmmm. So the same goes for toys. Back in the day, some people invested in beanie babies and did really well. If you are good at stock, investing in Hasbro or Mattel could make you some money(depending). I dont mean go out and spend all day trying to find a certain figure so you can sell it in ebay for $5 profit even though you just spend $20 on gas trying to find that figure.

Broaden you horizens FM. I know the ebay scenerio is what most people think when you say toy investing. Haven't you seen Silver Spoons, the t.v. show back in the 80s about the toy billionaire. Did you know there are people really like that. I know a lot of people here do not like TSINC and I dont know him or them personally, but the they have a spot at Frank and Sons and 35,000 feedback on ebay. I bet hes making some money off toys.

Im going to have to explain what I did and it may be lengthy and go off topic a bit. It will sound like an infomercial too :D but I am not selling anything.

Heres how I started: 1997, I become member of ebay. I find a toy that I am able to puchase for $2.00 and sell on ebay for $24.00. $22 profit, Nice profit if I do say so myself. I am not going to mention what the item is because it is still to this day being sold and I cant in good concious let the secret out since I was bought out by other people. I was able to clear about $400 a week in profit. The problem is I didnt want to flood the market wich would reduce the value of my toy. Back then, ebay did not have buy it now. $400 a week was good enough for me and I quit my job.

Now, $22 profit is nice for a $2 investment, but I was still limited in my potenial. So I started getting contacts and wholesaling these out to others for about $8 to $10 each. Reduces my profit to $6 each, but I started selling hundreds and in some instances over a thousand pieces per week. At $6 profit each, thats up to $6,000 a week(somtimes). Yipeeee. That sure beats $400 a week. I just made sure not to limit myself to ebay and now you see my profit potential. Anyway, so I confront my wholesaler. I threaten that if he doesnt lower my price down under $2 per item, I will go to Hong Kong myself and import the toys myself completely bypassing him. So he lowers the price to $1.75 per item. Not a lot, but it adds up when selling in volume. So my wholesaler and I start to become close business partners since the more I make, the more money he makes. So he starts showing me the business a little more and I get to know more about his finacial status. Now let me drop the bomb on you guys.....my wholesaler makes at least $10,000 a day. Of course, more on the holidays. He brought in $6,000 one day and complained that was his worst day ever as far as profit is concerned. He has had his store for over 20 years at that time. You couldnt not tell that he made so much since his store was really small. So, Im doing well financially, but its taking to much time and the business starts to consume my life. So I get into real estate to diversify my porfolio and I try to make cash flow with income properties. Am I starting to sound like an infomercial yet? BTW, Im living in Southern California, and its before this big real estate boom. So I bought a few houses, super cheap back in 1999. I actually bought a 1200 sq.ft. house, 3 bedroom, 2 bath for $50,000, and they were everywhere. So I tell some of my buddies. Most them being network engineers, unix admin, cisco certified, ect......most of them made about 80k salary and were working for big dot.com companies. I tried to get them into buy some real estate, but most of the houses I was buying was to far for them and they would rather stay in an apartment a few blocks from work. I told them to buy as an investment, dont live in it. They didnt listen. Very smart people in the networking world, but maybe lacking common sense. OF course, a few years later, the dot.com bubble burst, and most of them lose their jobs or have to take a large paycut. At the same time, real estate booms and I become rich. I was very lucky. I bought all my houses to be a long term investment never anticipating the real estate boom. But just show you how lucky I got, I aquired 5 homes in the $50k to 60k range. When I sold them, they were in the $240k to $300k range. That was just the start. And all this stemmed from a $2 toy. I remember when I first bought that toy and put it on ebay. When I sold it for $24, that light bulb went off in my head and it was non stop since then.

There are some items that can make you money by buying from any retail store and reselling on ebay. I can not tell you what the items are, so dont bother asking me or pm me. If everybody were to jump in doing the same thing, the market would flood driving the prices down dramatcally. Right now, you can go to any walmart, target, ect.........purchase these items, and in about 12 month time span, double your money on ebay. Of course, you could only buy so many of these items, but other people make $20 to $30k a year selling these items. In 1998, I would have been happy to make $30k a year and not have a 9 to 5 job. Now, my point of mentioning this is that these items would fall in under the toy catagory I guess. But, if you knew this information, would you not buy as many of these items as you could. So if you knew that the low vis valk would be up to $400 now, would you not have bought more back when they came out. That would be investing in toys wouldnt it? If you were like godzilla and had 50 low viz, you would have a small fortune right now.

uh, I would have to disagree. My toy investing gave me enough captital to buy real estate wich led me to become a millionaire. There are people that are billionaires now because of investing in toys. Now when I say investing, I dont mean toy hording. I always see people on these boards saying that investing in toys is a bad idea, but I doubt that anybody in this forum is stacking greenbacks like me.  :rolleyes:

edit - spelling

378622[/snapback]

After attending the University of Southern Cal I made my money manufacturing and distributing methamphetamine.

What we really should do is ask Warren Buffet where he thinks Macross toy prices will be in 25 years.

I'd love the hear the distinction between toy hoarding and investing. :lol: Hoarders listen up. :lol::p

378656[/snapback]

I actually bought a 1200 sq.ft. house, 3 bedroom, 2 bath for $50,000, and they were everywhere.

378758[/snapback]

Sorry to go even more off-topic, but:

You bought this house in 1999? Where? I was shopping for property around that time and there was nothing coming close to being that cheap, and this was in the San Fernando Valley.

I don't think that these toys will remain valuable like say, a good firearm will. Of course there are other legal aspects to colecting guns vs. toys, but one is definatly built to last longer than the other. The prices that the new Yamato toys are reaching has lead me to question my past buying practices. When I think about what my grandson (if I were to ever have one) would like to inherit from me, I can't help but believe my Ruger 10/22 will be a more prized possession than a plastic VF-0 toy.

378656[/snapback]

There are some items that can make you money by buying from any retail store and reselling on ebay. I can not tell you what the items are, so dont bother asking me or pm me. If everybody were to jump in doing the same thing, the market would flood driving the prices down dramatcally. Right now, you can go to any walmart, target, ect.........purchase these items, and in about 12 month time span, double your money on ebay. Of course, you could only buy so many of these items, but other people make $20 to $30k a year selling these items. In 1998, I would have been happy to make $30k a year and not have a 9 to 5 job. Now, my point of mentioning this is that these items would fall in under the toy catagory I guess. But, if you knew this information, would you not buy as many of these items as you could. So if you knew that the low vis valk would be up to $400 now, would you not have bought more back when they came out. That would be investing in toys wouldnt it? If you were like godzilla and had 50 low viz, you would have a small fortune right now.

378758[/snapback]

Buying a few $1000 of whatever at walmart and taking a year to double that investment ain't gonna make you rich.

QUOTE(LORD KUNGFU @ Mar 9 2006, 06:39 PM)

QUOTE(Fortress_Maximus @ Mar 9 2006, 03:22 PM)

I'd love the hear the distinction between toy hoarding and investing. laugh.gif Hoarders listen up. laugh.gif tongue.gif

I actually bought a 1200 sq.ft. house, 3 bedroom, 2 bath for $50,000, and they were everywhere.

Value wise is always difficult because as long as someone still has the molds they can always be rereleased, this is what has been happening in the market for a few years now. Even though more of the new toys are collected, I feel they will be worth money as long as they are not rereleased years from now. If Anything it is more likely mainstream toys will be rereleased. I try not to think about toys as value wise and collect for fun. I have to agree with you on buying realistate. My parents invested in houses and duplex's in the 70's, 80's They still own them and rent them out. They are multi millionairs and my dad is still tight as hell.

I figure that Macross toys will probably be desired as long as there are hardcore japanese robot toy collectors around to love and apreciate them. That said, I think people should collect toys because they like them, not for how much they think they will be worth, as in the end, a toys only worth as much as you and the world's willing to pay for it.

They are multi millionairs and my dad is still tight as hell.

378838[/snapback]

LOL! :D

You don't get rich by writing checks.

edit: I'd still like to know where LORD KUNGFU bought a house in Southern Cali for $50,000 in 1999.

Edited by Rocket Punch

edit: I'd still like to know where LORD KUNGFU bought a house in Southern Cali for $50,000 in 1999.

378855[/snapback]

I'm guesing the $50,000 homes must have been far away from the cities according to what he said.

So far his friends wantd no part in buying them even at those cheap prices.

Hard to believe anything was THAT cheap though. Who knows!?!?

actually bought a 1200 sq.ft. house, 3 bedroom, 2 bath for $50,000, and they were everywhere. So I tell some of my buddies. Most them being network engineers, unix admin, cisco certified, ect......most of them made about 80k salary and were working for big dot.com companies. I tried to get them into buy some real estate, but most of the houses I was buying was to far for them and they would rather stay in an apartment a few blocks from work. I told them to buy as an investment, dont live in it. They didnt listen. Very smart people in the networking world, but maybe lacking common sense. OF course, a few years later, the dot.com bubble burst, and most of them lose their jobs or have to take a large paycut. At the same time, real estate booms and I become rich.

Yeah, me too. This place is still a mystery. Anyhow, congrat Mr. LordKungFu!!

378838[/snapback]

378855[/snapback]

I'm guesing the $50,000 homes must have been far away from the cities according to what he said.

Hard to believe anything was THAT cheap though.

378859[/snapback]

He said they were located in "Southern California" which is somewhat vague. That could stretch anywhere from Los Angeles to San Diego. Plus he said these properties where "everywhere". Which is why I'm curious. I could do research on the web about real estate prices in 1999 but I thought maybe he'd be nice enough to save me the trouble.

378838[/snapback]

378855[/snapback]

Yeah, its hard to imagine buying houses that cheap. To this day, I really do appreciate how lucky I got and I do not claim to be any kind of real estate expert. First, for fansubs, I didnt make that much off toys, but the toys gave me enough cash to invest in real estate where I really made the most money. But I made about 90k a year off the toys.

with $300k in cash, I found property in the San Fernando Valley. 1 house for 100k in Sylmar, 1 in Panaram city for 90k and one in Newhall for 140k. At least I was going to buy. I ended up going north on the 14 freeway up to the Antelope Valley or high desert, past Acton to Palmdale/Lancaster. There my friend, was a gold mine of real estate. You could get 7 bedroom, 3 bath, with swimming pool for $140k. You could get executive homes/mansions for 300k. Marble floors, circular driveways, the works. THere were houses in the 50k to 70k range everywhere. Move in condtion. Most of these were hud homes, and were requiring bidding. I found 5 that I could buy from the sellers with outbidding. One guy was trying to sell me his house 2000 sqr.ft., 4 bed, 2 bath, on 1 acre lot fully fenced for 80k and I didnt buy it because I thought that was overpriced. Funny when I think about that mistake I made. I figure it would be way cooler to say that I own five houses instead of 3 in the S.F. valley, so I bought in the desert. If you were to go north just a little more, you would end up in Edwards AFB/Rosemond were I found houses for $15k. Thats 15k, not 150k. I know your eyes are buggin out right about now. Anyway, I figured I could get more monthly cash flow from 5 houses, bought them, real estate skyrockets, and I sell them for a nice profit. Then I buy more real estate when everybody was saying that the market was going to shift, but they ended up being wrong and I made tons more money. Some food for thought - dont take advice about real estate from people that dont own any or not in the business. Dont go up there in the A.V. desert looking for deals now, its getting crazy up there. But its still a lot cheaper than the S.F. Valley or O.C. if you want to retire.

NOw I will go on topic:

If you dont look at toys as an investment, then look at them as a security. So lets say the end of month, you have $150.00 to spare. You can buy some Air Jordans or buy a 1/48 Valk, or even stick the money on the bank. If are saving for bigger and better things, then stick the money in the bank. It will be boring, you dont get to play with it, post pictures of it on MW, and wont gain any value.

The air jordans are like a car, they will lose half there value once you wear them. But in 20 years, they may gain there value back, but not if you used them like a true player.

The 1/48 Valk will display nicely, chances are you will get some enjoyment out of it on a daily basis even if its just looking at it and wanting more.

So lets say its now 3 years down the road. Heres what happens to these choices:

1) money in bank is now worth $153 instead of $150 = boring and not much money gain, but its there if you need it

2) your air jordans are way out of style and worth nothing for another 2 decades

3) you got to own and enjoy your 1/48 valk. Complain about the crooked skulls in the forums, and have friends and family snicker at you when they come over for spending that much money on a "toy". But, if you had to sell it to get money, chances are it will be worth more than what you paid. Maybe not a whole lot more, but more. At the very least, you should be able to recoupe the full amount you paid. So if no profit is gained, you at least got to have one. And the finger pointing and snickering from family and friends is priceless.

And if Yamato were to go out of business, then your valk would definatly gain in value. Just look how much MPC are going for now. These will gain in value for as long as our generation is alive.

Oh, so lets break it down like this. Lets say that what ever toy gains in value about 7% every year. Thats not a lot if you only have $150 in toys, but I have well over 100k in toys so I would assume that my toys are gaining in value about 7k a year. There is no place you can put money that will gain 7% annual, without a lot of risk.

So if you knew that the low vis valk would be up to $400 now, would you not have bought more back when they came out. That would be investing in toys wouldnt it? If you were like godzilla and had 50 low viz, you would have a small fortune right now.

The way I see it: There is always somebody out there with too much money to burn and after things they weren't around for when they were first released. (so the value TO THEM is worth more than the actual value - like how some people can apreciate an old thing as if they were part of some cult. Maybe it is like the bruce lee nunchucks in cowboy bepop :D )

Lord KungFu you really are a millionare from selling toys!?!?

I thought you were just joking around Shirley! 

Congrats!

I actually thought he was being sarcastic.

And if Yamato were to go out of business, then your valk would definatly gain in value. Just look how much MPC are going for now. These will gain in value for as long as our generation is alive.

That's true! But I hope for the sake of newer fans that yamato do keep reissuing to keep it within reasonable price to them. Even if this pisses off collectors it might ensure more macross stuff is made.

You know what is funny: the VF11B FP is like the price of a 1/48 now on ebay. Maybe the whole "RARE RARE RARE" in the item description can be justified in a few years if yamato one day discontinues them and the 1/48 for whatever reason. You can never predict the future. Maybe as others have said the fanbase dies, no new toys are made because it is thought "not profitable" by the major toy companies, and this boosts the demand for that toy by huge amount because of a drought of anything new in that franchise? (considered dead) I imagine the 1/48 is milkable because it is of a franchise where there are so many variants of the same thing. (vf1 comes in so many colours.)

eg of others where the price could steadily go up:

1/72 yf21:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Macross-Plus-YF-21-...1QQcmdZViewItem

1/72 VF11:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VF-11B-Yamato-Valky...1QQcmdZViewItem

If the fanbase were to completely die off for macross, (no new kids buying them up like gundam models) the prices could end up going up and up and up, and those become sort of the "chunky munky for mac+" that the desperate fan buys for $1000 in like 10 years or something. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I don't doubt LORD KUNGFU becomes a millionair by "selling" toys (he is basically a seller: buying in bulk at cheap rate and make profit by margin).

However, what we are talking about here is the holding value of Macross toys: will Macross toys value increase or decrease in the future and why?