I need the people who are NOT in socal to reply ONLY. there is a lot of debate on what weekend to hold the con. But it is ultimately up to you people who are flying in.

DO you want it to be close to AX or Comic con that way you have more to do than jsut a weekend in Socal?

note that AX is easier and closer to irvine for the con.

however nothing beats SDCC. But also housing for SDCC is mostly all booked. if you arent already going.

So let me know when you prefer to have the con.

Since I won't be attending either AX or SDCC, I will be coming

specifically for MWCon. I would choose July 2nd over July 23rd though.

How nutty does LA get around Fouth of July (i.e. holiday traffic, room

availability, etc.)?

How nutty does LA get around Fouth of July (i.e. holiday traffic, room

availability, etc.)?

377308[/snapback]

Most of the holiday traffic is people leaving town either to visit family or party. Popular destinations being Las Vegas and TJ. Nothing like celebrating your country's independence in another country! :p

I will be flying in for AX and would like MW Con to be at the same time or the weekend before. I want to spend the 4th with my family so I cannot stay for the week after AX. AX is fun, but definately not going to take up all my time so I wouldn't mind spending that Sunday or Saturday doing MW related things.

Edit: SDCC does not interest me so I would not be going to that.

Edited by Totoro242

I boycott AX so I won't be going and I am not interest in SDCC enough to attend.

377727[/snapback]

Why do you boycott AX?

377873[/snapback]

Not to derail the thread too much... basically I boycott AX b/c of the poorly trained staff and the poor internal decisions involving the directors (current and past). Over the years as AX has grown they've encountered more and more problems and I mean PROBLEMS that have not been fixed!

Everything from the basics, which IMO should be handled regardless of the size of the con. I.e: people with advance registrating who still are forced to wait 2+ hours; people obtaining raffle tickets for signatures by guests of honor, only to end up getting kicked out by poorly trained staff/volunteers who refused to honor them; failure by staff to regulate/organize the horrible crowd control; staff telling dealers to remove certain items b/c non-con attendees would be harmed/offended; staff not knowing where or when events will occur (and being unable to obtain the necessary information too, they have walkietalkies but no one knows sh*t); inadequate sized rooms for video/film showings, the list goes on and on. :angry:

I don't know about others, but when I go to a con I don't expect it to go flawlessly but certain BASICS should be properly handled. If I wanted to be treated like a bloody cow, I can wait at the DMV instead of paying well over $600 (just for the flight and lodging) to be treated as such! Your mileage may vary, but I for one refuse to ever go back to any AX unless a guest of honor I really want to see is present. :rolleyes:

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

People have to consider that SDCC is in San Diego! And is more than an hour away from the MWCon location. And if you havent gotten your hotel for SDCC by now then you prolly wont get anything within decent price or the vicinity of the Convention Center.

I'm not sure about AX. I'm just a skip away fron AX and I dont really like to attend it.

Yeah, I'm from Socal, just letting you know what your in for before you choose.