• 1 - worst piece of ...
    • 2. - almost the worst piece of...
    • 3. - almost entertaining
    • 4. - not crap
    • 5. - bearable
    • 6. - mildly entertaining
    • 7. - I'd play it more than once
    • 8. - I'd play it often
    • 9. - I'd actually pay money for it rather than buy a toy!
    • 10. - best thing I ever played

Once again I get to be a topic starter... I should do this while I can LOL. I personally loved this game. I got it for $50 at a local game shop back in the day and my experiences were jaded as a result. With the exception of the one mission where you were supposed to "NOT FIRE upon the enemy thing and FOLLOW it back to a base" [- a detail that my non-japanese speaking butt didn't pick up on during the breifing mission and spent hopurs trying to kill something that couldn't be killed till I finally caved and looked up the walkthrough online] the game was quite smooth and easily playable. At the time I had not seen a game that compared in movement or fluidity in transformation. I plan on playing it again once I get another playstation LOL. At least I only broke "enter the matrix' and not my x-box LOL.

There aren't that many more macross related games out there so anyone want to take a stab at starting one of these?

Yes I deleted your other polls and moved this one.

The 'Reviews' are for 'Reviews' not for starting as many polls as you can asking others to give their opinion. As you can see I'm allowing one these polls to stay but in a more proper forum.

General notice to others reading this:

If you need to see what a review is look at a magazine. They are typically a well written short essay about your opinion on something. They are not

"Hey do you think blank is cool?"

"Yeah I dig blank!"

If you want to casually talk about a macross game, movie or toy do so in the usual place don't use the review section.

Does this play the same as VF-X2?

I just got VF-X2 and Macross Plus, but haven't really tried them out yet (lack of Japanese language skills is killing me). VF-X2 plays like the demo that came out in the US so I'm not having too hard a time with it.

I just played the versus mode in M+ with my son and that was it. Couldn't figure out if I could change modes or not.

So far, I like VF-X2.

Guess I'll have to find some FAQs from GameFAQs.

the game was quite smooth and easily playable. At the time

My friend, you need to go out and buy Ace Combat 4. I thought VF-X was extremely loose and shoddy.

If only there could be a company that was ambitious enough to take elements from both Ace Combat and Armored Core. That would make for a great game.

Everything about the game was substandard. It's only redeeming elements were the opening and closing movies (it's a shame the Macross DVD special didn't include the Milky Dolls' concert). It also had a cool transformation for the VF-1. At that time, it was the most accurate 3D model of a Valkyrie in any game. That's about it.

I voted: 8. - I'd play it often

I love this game. I should've kept the one I borrowed when I played it for the first time. I was disapointed at first, when I saw other the valks because I know nothing about Macross Plus and Macross7 at that time so I just returned it.

Then after a few months I learned of the other Macross Series. I started looking for it like a lust in my body. I've searched everywhere until I settled for a pirate version. :(

There are alot bad points about this game like the midi sounds and pop-up graphics, etc.. But these flaws didn't keep this game from being tied number 1 with VO/VOXP in my list of best Macross Games. I love it because it has the Macross Feel. It's like you're flying a VF, maybe because of its COCKPIT VIEW. ;)

Man, I wish the upcoming Macross game for the PS2 has a COCKPIT VIEW. :rolleyes: