1/48 Gbp

izzyfcuk

I'm with Sithlord. A Light grey would look better than hospital-wall green.

PHotoshoppers, can you change the lime to grey for us to see? (I'm so lazy)

man, I had a feeling it was going to be Green....

I'm glad I brought the 1st GBP, So if all the 2nd GBP is going to be Green then wouldn't that make the 1st normal GBP LIMITED??.. Perhaps I should go stock up on the 1st GBP :lol: Maybe the price will go up like the LV :p .

naaaa, I better not....I really should cut down on my toy purchases.. :(

Too many things at once, Yamato lower prices please!

Smaller boxes would be nice.

Oh and about the GBP: it looks heavy but I would imagine it could still move just like the destroids. I'm assuming the reverse: that a valk is naturally very skinny and light as a mech because it has to fly. So the anorexic body with GBP brings it back to 'normal' mech wieght. It is just drawn fat in battroid mode sometimes because of anime magic. VF11 is a good example. To me it has no meat on its bones in battroid mode without GBP "hockey goalie" gear.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Wow, the grey does look better, and will definitely work with all other valks. I really liked the dark army green, it suits the heavy armour really nicely, like a real ground troop soldier packed with gears.

I have a plan: if Yamato stick with the lime green, we'll just have to ask nightmareB4macross to recast the lime green bits into grey. That'll do for me.

Here ya go...

376356[/snapback]

Edited by Mowe

I'm more than sure they know. After all, the sales records and demands does not lie.

Wow, Yamato doesnt really do anything Macross related for several years and BAM, a billion new releases. I hope that means Yamato realizes that Macross is highly profitable and will continue making more toys! :)

376195[/snapback]

The power of psychology and money goes hand-in-hand. As a case in point: WOMEN. Sex sales and it is the oldest trick of the trade.

Could someone do some of us (me) a favor and head for Yamato HQ

...and kill 'em all :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I don't mind collecting 10 things that look the same except for their color

I don't mind the price if the design/craftsmanship is worth it

I do mind that a manufacturer thinks I work 3 jobs for a bloody childhood

hobby and/or got an infinite moneysack between my legs

1/60's were "managable" buying 2-3 a month since they were 1/3rd the price

This is idiocy!

...Friggin morons

376276[/snapback]

ahem!.....so when is it coming?

looks like this is a year of VF-1 variants..... :D

376435[/snapback]

yeah when does this come out and

whats the (new lower )price?

So who thinks these will turn out to be Limited edition valks?

I bet if they were people would rush to them after they suddenly became hard to find. :D

Next up: Angel Birds Valks. (and the teat of the cow keeps flowing :D)

376438[/snapback]

I do.

I'm pretty sure yamato will make these limited editions.

they painted them which, by yamato standards is "like, WOah dude, it's painted~"

I'm not sure if the limited edition tag will necessarily bring the demand up though... it very well can... but the valk also has to be desirable in itself. Judging by the actual pics taken at wonderfest of both the LV.2 and stealth, it doesn't come half as close as the "cool factor" of the original LV. Its a shame though really.... the LV2 if executed 200% better would have been awesome piece.

Given Yamato almost never makes changes at this point in production (when preorders go up with pics) and judging by those wonderfest pics, the chances of change is discouraging....

Nani!?  There is a scene on the 20th aniversary disk that shows a team of GBPs on a ground mission... pretty sweet clip.

And hmm.... the LV2 just became tolerable because now you can't see it.... but I think that if you replaced the aweful lime green with light grey, this would look fantastic on the LV2 or a CF.

376277[/snapback]

:)

thanks for the pointer, I guess I should check the 20th disk out.

With the GBP 2, if they wanted to do the military ground forces "thang" they should've taken it further. Just changing a couple of the colors to olive & lime green just feels like they didn't try... If you're going to go with an idea do it right... Make it look like a mean muther f*cker that'll stomp through trees and run you over.

Right now, the color scheme reminds me of the salad I'm eating right now.

Edited by Nani?!

Actually, I'm now against buying this. It's the silliest item on the market (the GBP MKII that is). Thanks myk and others for convincing me that this variant has no place on my shelf at all.

Waitwaitwait,..

Kensei isn't getting any low vis GBP's?

Yamato, you'd better reconsider putting this thing on the market. You probably won't sell enough to make a profit. :p

376542[/snapback]

:lol::rolleyes::ph34r:

so very true. but we haven't heard godzilla's take on this have we?

personally, i find it offensive that Yamato is resorting to the takara way (BT repaints again and again). there are DEFINITELY better paint schemes than these recent ones.

:angry:

Well, I am not sure I will get these. I have been debating about it. If I do buy it, it wil not be the buying binge I did before. But the repaints that look bleh... I dunno. I'll have to think about it while on my business trip to Shanghai.

I have been holding out for the 2 seaters but I dont forsee them coming.

Edited by Godzilla

Wasn't there a post a few months back with a bunch of box art pictures of various GBP-1S with custom paint schemes (for Max, Millia, CF's, etc.)?

It's too bad Yamato didn't try one of those schemes instead.

I think the problem with the camo GBP is actually the red parts. They stick out too much and they make the armor look too similar to the regular version. Those missle hatches and such should have been painted brown, tan or green.

You mean this? :blink:

I think the problem with the camo GBP is actually the red parts.  They stick out too much and they make the armor look too similar to the regular version.  Those missle hatches and such should have been painted brown, tan or green.

376735[/snapback]

post-3608-1141565823_thumb.jpg