Jm Custom: Roy Vf-1s

DatterBoy

They were made in Adobe Illustrator and printed on Inkjet eaterslide paper, coated with Krylon Clearcoat. There is a coating of Future over the whole model including the waterslide.

I was never a fan of the joke machine until I saw those pics.

That is one amazing toy. The decal sheets look AMAZING! What type of ink/paper do you use to prevent "rubbing" or fading? Any hints you want to share? (I realize it is not the proper forum, but, while we're on the subject...)

looks great!

I'm guessing that's what the coat of Future was mainly for? To stop those pesky print outs from smudging.

I used whatever waterslide inkjet paper I could get in quantity from Ebay. The Future is more for transformation wear and helps to flush the decal with the toy, but the decals are coated with Krylon clear coat. This makes it so you can submerge it in the water without the ink from the printer coming off.

nice job on that! There was suppose to be a custom JM decal/sticker sheet project done by anasazi but that fell through I guess. You wanna sell some of those sticker sheets? ;):D:p:lol:

nice job on that! There was suppose to be a custom JM decal/sticker sheet project done by anasazi but that fell through I guess. You wanna sell some of those sticker sheets?  ;)  :D  :p  :lol:

376854[/snapback]

Yeah gonna do it, would notbe better than Anasazi's because they would be inkjet and no white... but assuming you are applying to a white valk... should be just as good. Should have a set ready to gather interest in a few days.

Got my skull applied to this custom on the heatshield too. Will post soon.

For some reason, this kinda makes me wanna see a Jetfire JM (and I'm not even a big TF guy). Beautiful work you've done on all your custom JMs so far. Stuff like this makes me really want to do some experimenting of my own.

Updated gallery shots with skull emblem on heatshield. Since my decals are clear and I can't print white, had to paint the area under it white, apply decal, and the repaint black around the decal to cover the spill.