Dream Toys

GobotFool

What's your dream toy? A toy (or a toy line) you'd love seen made?

*keep this fantasy in line with modern manufacturing tech. In other words, no, I want a real working Valkyrie or x-wing.

I'd really love to see a properly proportioned and in scale line of SW vehicles. I know the real big capitals would probably not be possible unless you made all the other ships microscopic, but I always thought a line of in scale fighters to say the smaller corvettes would be possible. I think back to action fleet and always considered it a missed opportunity, how hard would it really have been to make a properly scaled and proportioned millennium falcon?

well; I would agree that finding an available dream toy line would be great; but this coventional way of doing bissiness will eventually hit a wall. Is hard to have a "realistic" well proportioned line of toys simply because or manufacturing issues and marqueatability.

A good- proportioned Sci-fi toy would have a shorter life span because some pieces would be too fragile to withstand a child playtime or the materials too expensive and therefore not marqueatable for general consumers and not profitable for bussines. This is why if there are ever any line of well made toys the run is too small or the prices are up the roof.

Besides, If there is ever any well-made realistic toy made; we tend to call them models...

Since SW has been for many years a good franchise to exploit I would also like to see a company who would keep their toys in proportion and scale consistency ..but I recall the expensive millenium falcon made by code-3 and of course out of scale with the rest ot of it's production

I would be happy with knowing Fine molds will make a B-wing model on 1/72 scale

Oh god, I could keep on rambling forever but:

This is my top of the list:

PATLABOR FIX FIGURATION 1/35 scale High Quality Toys

This toy line would pretty much be the counterpart to the quite popular Gundam Fix Figuration line of already made models.

Features include:

• Opening cockpit and removable pilot.

• Changeable head so you can put on the riot visor.

• Left and right legs can open up on the side so the Ingram can reach for the 37 mm revolver.

• Posable characters in 1/35 scale

• Made of the same type of “plastic†as the GFF line

• Made by Bandai

Models (all 1/35 scale):

1) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0001: AV-98 Ingram – Alphonse

2) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0002: AV-98 Ingram – Ota

3) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0003: AV-98 Ingram – 3rd

4) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0004: AV Type Zero ( as seen in the first movie)

5) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0005: HAL-X10

6) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0006: Construction Labor HL-96 Tyrant

7) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0007: Roadrunner (seen in 2nd movie crossing the Yokohama bridge)

8) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0008: ARL – Military Hell Diver

9) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0009: Command Car and Capt Gotoh’s mini car

10) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0010: EXLT Spider Tank Labor (2nd movie)

11) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0011: Attack Helicopter Gong-1 (2nd movie)

12) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0012: Al-97 Hannibal (2nd movie)

13) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0013: RAHDA (UN Forces) (2nd movie)

14) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0014: Construction Labor HL-97 Bulldog

15) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0015: Shaft Enterprises – Phantom

16) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0016: Shaft Enterprises – Griffon

17) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0017: Type-5G/1C Grau-Bear

18) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0018: SV-2 Labor Carrier (Holy crap this thing would be HUEG like the Xbox)

19) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0019: ULTIMA RATIO air blimps (I’m not too sure about 1/35 scale though)

20) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0020: Type-7B/2B Brocken

Accessories

1) Flak Jackets to cover over Ingrams as seen in the 2nd movie.

2) Keisatsu – Police Cruiser (diorama prop)

3) BEL – 1999 Caldia (those small red little sentry bots guarding the Arc)

I could seriously think of way more kits for this if I were to scour the Patlabor TV series/movies again. Yeah, how sweet would this be!

I guess a far retail price would be about $40 USD each for most of these items, but some will be more, some less. The Labor carrier would be probably close to $90 some.

What do you fan boys think?

*keep this fantasy in line with modern manufacturing tech. In other words, no, I want a real working Valkyrie or x-wing.

but I always thought a line of in scale fighters to say the smaller corvettes would be possible. I think back to action fleet and always considered it a missed opportunity, how hard would it really have been to make a properly scaled and proportioned millennium falcon?

373734[/snapback]

The Star Wars Action Fleet is possibly one of the best lines of toys for the SW license. These were just what I always wanted as a kit. I was disspointed with the scale of the following:

Imperial Shuttle

Millenium Falcon

Rebel Blockade Runner (never bought it because of the so screwed up scale, if you can even call it that)

AT-AT walker (again...wtf)

Star Destroyer ( think this wasn't official retailed though).

I'd easily pay for more since the toy would be bigger (except the ISD, I sure as hell don't have 5.6 meters of shelf space to fit a somewhat scale sized star destroyer, so no.

Thinking about it now, I think this line was the ONLY American manufactured toy that I'm proud to display in my cabinet. The rest is pretty much from Japan.

Edited by Spatula

A Marvel Legends-like set of DC, Vertigo and Wildstorm Characters. the DC Direct line sucks.

a Frikkin Ez-8 FIX.

A Gouf Flight Zeonography.

A line for Warhammer 40K characters. Marines, Guardsmen, Eldar, Ork, Tau and all the rest. Some of Gaunt's Ghosts would be cool to see.

Z.O.E. and Z.O.E.2 Soul of Chogokin's.

1/48 Scale or larger Battlestar Galactica fighter aircraft.

1/48 Scale or larger Space: Above and Beyond Hammerheads.

I would have killed to have had a 1:1 scale Eagle Transporter from Space:1999 to play around in when I was kid. The ship was just freakin' cool. I would still love to have one; but god, where would I put it? I don't have room on my property for an aircraft hangar.

A few years back, there was a company licensed by the BBC to produce props and effects from the series Doctor Who. A few of them I wanted were full scale replicas of the Daleks, the TARDIS, and a wearable Cyberman costume complete with Cyberblaster. I was opting for the Dalek, which was the more reasonable of the three, but the shipping costs would have been horrifying.

but I always thought a line of in scale fighters to say the smaller cohvettes would be possible. I think back to action fleet and always considered it a missed opportunity, how hard would it really have been to make a properly scaled and proportioned millennium falcon?

373734[/snapback]

Imperial Shuttle

Millenium Falcon

Rebel Blockade Runner (never bought it because of the so screwed up scale, if you can even call it that)

373749[/snapback]

No argument, I love action fleet, but like you said, certain ones could have been properly scaled but never were, like the falcon and imperial shuttle without to much trouble.

I would have killed for a properly scaled blockade runner. I wonder how large that would have been.

also I always thought that a FIX dendrobium would be really kick ass.

Edited by GobotFool

A 1/144 Denbrobrium FIX?  Yeah, that'd require like 4 of the Deepstriker Boxes.

373769[/snapback]

It would also probably require a metal frame to keep it from sagging, but still, it would look much better than the HGUC straight from the box, sure it'll probably be double the price, but at least the effort to assemble it would be just a fraction of what it took to assemble the HGUC version ;)

I thought the Denbrobrium would be AT LEAST a master grade kit? not High Grade U Century?

I mean, $400 kits aren't exactly material to be "dumbed" down to a more inferior quality. $400 should be looking already at the Perfect Grade, no?

Can you post a scaled schematic of the Deepstriker's size vs Denbrobrium?

I thought the Denbrobrium would be AT LEAST a master grade kit? not High Grade U Century? 

I mean, $400 kits aren't exactly material to be "dumbed" down to a more inferior quality.  $400 should be looking already at the Perfect Grade, no? 

373791[/snapback]

The dendrobium was part of the HGUC line, because to make it part of the MG line would have meant it would have been the size of a volkeswagon. ;)

Oh god, I could keep on rambling forever but:

This is my top of the list:

PATLABOR FIX FIGURATION 1/35 scale High Quality Toys

This toy line would pretty much be the counterpart to the quite popular Gundam Fix Figuration line of already made models.

Features include:

• Opening cockpit and removable pilot. 

• Changeable head so you can put on the riot visor.

• Left and right legs can open up on the side so the Ingram can reach for the 37 mm revolver.

• Posable characters in 1/35 scale

• Made of the same type of “plastic†as the GFF line

• Made by Bandai

Models (all 1/35 scale):

1) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0001: AV-98 Ingram – Alphonse

2) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0002: AV-98 Ingram – Ota

3) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0003: AV-98 Ingram – 3rd

4) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0004: AV Type Zero ( as seen in the first movie)

5) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0005: HAL-X10

6) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0006: Construction Labor HL-96 Tyrant

7) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0007: Roadrunner (seen in 2nd movie crossing the Yokohama bridge)

8) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0008: ARL – Military Hell Diver

9) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0009: Command Car and Capt Gotoh’s mini car

10) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0010: EXLT Spider Tank Labor (2nd movie)

11) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0011: Attack Helicopter Gong-1 (2nd movie)

12) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0012: Al-97 Hannibal (2nd movie)

13) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0013: RAHDA (UN Forces) (2nd movie)

14) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0014: Construction Labor HL-97 Bulldog

15) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0015: Shaft Enterprises – Phantom

16) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0016: Shaft Enterprises – Griffon

17) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0017: Type-5G/1C Grau-Bear

18) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0018: SV-2 Labor Carrier (Holy crap this thing would be HUEG like the Xbox)

19) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0019: ULTIMA RATIO air blimps (I’m not too sure about 1/35 scale though)

20) Patlabor Fix Figuration 0020: Type-7B/2B Brocken

Accessories

1) Flak Jackets to cover over Ingrams as seen in the 2nd movie.

2) Keisatsu – Police Cruiser (diorama prop)

3) BEL – 1999 Caldia (those small red little sentry bots guarding the Arc)

I could seriously think of way more kits for this if I were to scour the Patlabor TV series/movies again.  Yeah, how sweet would this be! 

I guess a far retail price would be about $40 USD each for most of these items, but some will be more, some less.  The Labor carrier would be probably close to $90 some. 

What do you fan boys think?

373747[/snapback]

You win the prize.

Although I would put in some more labors, and scatter around the release numbers. You don't want to shoot your whole load at the beginning. Also, to keep with the GFF's plan for making people buy the same toy for different versions, you would have ceonversion PFF's as well.

Patlabor Fix Figuration 0004: AV-X0 (AV-2) Type X-0 "Zero"/AV-0 Peacemaker (Zero)

Patlabor Fix Figuration 0008: ARL-99 Helldiver/ALX-99 Helldiver Prototype/ARV-99 Rescue Labor

Patlabor Fix Figuration 00xx: Asuka-MPL96 Taisyo (police version)/Asuka-SSL96 (commercial version)

Patlabor Fix Figuration 00xx: MPL97AV-T Police Training Labor/AV-98T Dolphin

Patlabor Fix Figuration 00xx: AV-98 Ingram Alphonse (2nd movie version)/AVS-98 Economy

Patlabor Fix Figuration 00xx: Av-98 Ingram #2 (2nd movie version)/AV-98 Ingram #3 (2nd Movie Version)

The list can go on for a quite a bit more. Patlabor provides us with quite a pool of mecha to choose from.

Edited by the white drew carey

Patlabor Fix Figuration 00xx: AV-98 Ingram Alphonse (2nd movie version)/AVS-98 Economy

Patlabor Fix Figuration 00xx: Av-98 Ingram #2 (2nd movie version)/AV-98 Ingram #3 (2nd Movie Version)

This is what the Flak Jacket accessories are for.

Also, if I were the Bandai marketing manager, I'd probably release it in a different order. Alphonse goes out first, but then probably one of the construction labors after. I'd probably only release perhaps 6-7 of them in a year. This way, at least it keeps on the scene for about 3-4 years time, just like how the current GFF is doing.

I mean, $400 kits aren't exactly material to be "dumbed" down to a more inferior quality.  $400 should be looking already at the Perfect Grade, no? 

373791[/snapback]

The dendrobium was part of the HGUC line, because to make it part of the MG line would have meant it would have been the size of a volkeswagon. ;)

373795[/snapback]

Ah yes, silly me, thinking that 1/144 MG Gundam Kit exists.

Also, seeing of the labor and material costs, this would probably be around 120- 150 USD to just break even. I don't think the Deepstriker is cheap to manufacture, lest even the Denny.

Edited by Spatula

Yup, it'd be sweet if Patlabor got more attention in the form of toys. Bandai put out an Ingram figure a while back, but they didn't follow it up with a complete line. The arcade prize figs and gashapon are alright, but a full blown out toy of a Brocken or Griffon would be niiice.

BGC figs were on the top my wish list for a loong time until they came out last year. Now I await for Motoslaves and Boomers (perhaps even a D.D. battlemover?...yeah right). Aside from that, I always thought that cool toys could be made out of:

1). Dangaioh (with Sidekick Wave action!)

2). FFVI chars

3). FF Tactics chars

MG Gundam X kits

HG 1/100 SEED MSV kits.

Gundam weapon sets and 1/144 Striker Packs

MG 1/100 VF-11C, VF-19F/S, VF-17D/S, VF-22S, Fz-109

EX New Macross-class, Stargazer, Vallhalla, and Meltran Gunship

A very detailed figure/statue of a Hellgast soldier.

Detailed kits of, Jehuty, Anubis, Neith, Nephtis, Ardjet, Vic Viper, Phantoma, and Metal Gear Ray.

Talking action figures of the Red vs Blue cast, including Vic, Andy and Gary.

A life size Bernie Lomax "Doll".

Cloud's bike, Fenrir.

Not exaclty toys but...

Seifer's trench coat

Alucard's (Hellsing) suit

I think 'dream toy' and one thought springs instantly to mind. VF-4 Lightning III New Valkyrie, in 1/48th scale. As far as toylines go, I'd simply like to see Yamato continue the 1/48th Valkyrie line beyond the VF-1 series.

what I would really like to see bandai to would make a very high quality line of 1/60th gundam toys, not models but toys. The internal detail doesn't have to be as insane as a PG, maybe say just MG level, but I'd love to see a Zeta, and a ZZ, as well as a shiki in this format. though that might be asking a little to much.

Maybe a line just like the MMM seed gundam toys but expanding to the rest of the gundam universe.

Edited by GobotFool

lol... last night I've dreamed that I was in a modelshop. Then I've spotted a 1/6 variable Legioss kit with high detail. The box is large with some cool mospeada vintage art on it. Price is 300,- euros. Expensive but I wanted to buy it...

Then I woke up.

Too bad it was a dream... It was so realistic.

I had dreamed once about a 1/9 vf-1a variable kit in some store.

I wish that converting a 3dmodel to the real thing was easier and less expensive.

A CNC millingmachine costs too much

Edited by Kin

A 'dream toy' line? what's the "standard" modeling scale for military vehicles? Isn't it 1/48? or is it 1/35? Maybe....

1/18 VF-1 "Ultimate Detail," with corrected cockpit canopy proportions [so it doesn't look like the god-awful Matchbox ver.]

1/48 Glaug and Regult line, w/pilot fig's

1/48 VF-4 [doesn't even have to be T/F; always thought it made a kickarse "space fighter" design--yes, I know you don't need canards, etc. in space!]

1/18 or 1/24 Mad Max line, w/driver figs; 1/18 is about the same scale as GI Joe isn't it?

--BoB

--Yellow Interceptor

--Big Bopper

--March Hare

--'Knight Rider' stolen Pursuit

MM2

--BoB altered

--red 'bat' XA

--Humungous' truck

--red 'snake' F-100

--blk 'bad cop' Valiant

--Landau

--Mack tanker [damn that'd be huge!]

actually, there is a die-cast co. in Oz that could give us at least the BoB, but they don't seem to be able/interested....bummer. :angry:

but I always thought a line of in scale fighters to say the smaller cohvettes would be possible. I think back to action fleet and always considered it a missed opportunity, how hard would it really have been to make a properly scaled and proportioned millennium falcon?

373734[/snapback]

Imperial Shuttle

Millenium Falcon

373749[/snapback]

No argument, I love action fleet, but like you said, certain ones could have been properly scaled but never were, like the falcon and imperial shuttle without to much trouble.

I would have killed for a properly scaled blockade runner. I wonder how large that would have been.

also I always thought that a FIX dendrobium would be really kick ass.

373764[/snapback]

There is a Collectors Series Blockade Runner. I don't know what the scale is but its almost 2 feet long. It lights up and has sound :) Pretty sweet. I put an ink wash on mine and it looks tight.

Edited by Totoro242

1/72 scale YF-19 and YF-21 - Macross Plus

• Highly detailed and transformable toy on par with the quality of Yamato's 1/60 scale series of VF-0 valkyries.
  • Utilizies the design features of custom variable models by Studio Half-Eye or Model GraphiX custom VF-19
  • Price $150 or less

SDF-1 Macross - TV and DYRL? Versions - Super Dimension Fortress Macross

• One replica of both the television and film versions each in a highly detailed, variable toy quality on par with Yamato VF-0 valkyrie series.
  • Scale suitable for a product no larger than 12-18 inches, both to be in scale with each other.
  • Price $150 or less

USCMC Dropship - Aliens

• Weather worn replica with engines, egress hatch, cockpit, VTOL thrusters, main engines, and missiles all fully realized in detail.
  • APC with opening door and semi-detailed interior.
  • Current Aoshima scale is perfectly sized.
  • Price $120 or less

Ingram AV-98 - Patlabor

• Detailed toy on par with Master Grade Bandai sets.
  • Current 1/35 scale is perfectly sized.
  • Price $80 or less

Orion III Spaceplane and U.S.S. Discovery - 2001: A Space Odessey

• Fully detailed spacecraft Discovery with three removable Space Pods, detailed cockpit, and rotating comm dish.
  • Includes sturdy display stand
  • Scale suitable for a product no larger than 12-18 inches, both to be in scale with each other.
  • Price $80 or less

Imperator-Class Star Destroyer II and Venator-Class Star Destroyer - Star Wars EP5 TESB and EP3 ROTS

• Fully detailed ISD captial ship with attachable Millenium Falcon and dockable Corellian Corvette.
  • Venator features retractable longitudal docking bay.
  • Fully movable turrents and movable hangar aparatus on both.
  • Scale suitable for a product no larger than 15-20 inches, both to be in scale with each other.
  • Price $100 or less

*edited - thanks to Gobotfool*

Edited by Mr March

If I had to pick one, I'd want a Soul of Chogokin Dairugger (aka Vehicle Voltron).

I reckon it will happen in the next couple of years. It was a popular show, and the Combattler and Voltes V toys were well recieved.

Oh and a new Cyclone/Ride Armor toy would be nice but I really doubt Toynami could pull it off.

1/72 scale YF-19 and YF-21 - Macross Plus
  • Highly detailed and transformable toy on par with the quality of Yamato's 1/48 scale series of VF-0 valkyries.
  • Utilizies the design features of custom variable models by Studio Half-Eye or Model GraphiX custom VF-19
  • Price $150 or less

SDF-1 Macross - TV and DYRL? Versions - Super Dimension Fortress Macross

• One replica of both the television and film versions each in a highly detailed, variable toy quality on par with Yamato VF-0 valkyrie series.
  • Price $150 or less

USCMC Dropship - Aliens

• Weather worn replica with engines, egress hatch, cockpit, VTOL thrusters, main engines, and missiles all fully realized in detail. 
  • APC with opening door and semi-detailed interior.
  • Current Aoshima scale is perfectly sized.
  • Price $120 or less

Ingram AV-98 - Patlabor

• Detailed toy on par with Master Grade Bandai sets.
  • Current 1/35 scale is perfectly sized.
  • Price $80 or less

Orion III Spaceplane and U.S.S. Discovery - 2001: A Space Odessey

• Fully detailed spacecraft Discovery with three removable Space Pods, detailed cockpit, and rotating comm dish.
  • Price $80 or less

Imperator-Class Star Destroyer II and Venator-Class Star Destroyer - Star Wars EP5 TESB and EP3 ROTS

• Fully detailed ISD captial ship with attachable Millenium Falcon and dockable Corellian Corvette. 
  • Venator features retractable longitudal docking bay.
  • Fully movable turrents and movable hangar aparatus on both.
  • Scale suitable for a product no larger than 15-20 inches, both to be in scale with each other.
  • Price $100 or less

373889[/snapback]

Mr March, for the valks don't you mean 1/60? 1/72 is the current scale of the ones that yamato already made.

A '65 Shelby Cobra-427...

Oh wait, no real life objects. In that case, how about that life sized Alien statue that used to sell at Brookstone...

Edited by myk

Well, my dream toy have always been the VOLTES V. Couldn't afford the one from the godaikin series when it did come out back in the 80's, but at least I've got the SOC to look forward to in the next couple of months. I guess you can say that my dream will soon become a reality :) !

I think 'dream toy' and one thought springs instantly to mind. VF-4 Lightning III New Valkyrie, in 1/48th scale. As far as toylines go, I'd simply like to see Yamato continue the 1/48th Valkyrie line beyond the VF-1 series.

373824[/snapback]

What Radd said. :D

VF-4 Lightning III 1/48

VF-11 Thunderbolt 1/48

YF-19 1/48 (1/60 if Yamato finds the 1/48 unfeasible)

YF-21 1/48 (see above)

VF-5000 1/48

VF-0 1/48 (BECAUSE!)

Also, if I were the Bandai marketing manager, I'd probably release it in a different order. Alphonse goes out first, but then probably one of the construction labors after. I'd probably only release perhaps 6-7 of them in a year. This way, at least it keeps on the scene for about 3-4 years time, just like how the current GFF is doing.

373807[/snapback]

Ahhh... but when has Bandai ever released an accessory pack for their GFF line when they know they can make a customer buy the same package over and over again only to end up with 2-3 different mechs and a ton of leftover parts?

A neat feature for the PFF line would be realistic weather sheaths over the joints. IE- Thin, tough, material that is actually creasing instead of being molded that way.

I'll second the Final Fantasy 6 figures:

i'd like to see them with good body articulation, and NO GIMICKS

no big plastic blasters, or missle fireing backpacks, just joints and solidness.

and i want good action figures, not the crappy mcfarlane statues.

a good asortment of weapons would be cool for each character, and maybe mix it up to add to colectablity, ie: get all of edgars tools by buying several diffrent characters.

i would probably buy an entire set, wich would cost me cuz theres like 20 main charactes at least (been a while since i played) not including npc's and villans.

Well, my dream toy have always been the VOLTES V. Couldn't afford the one from the godaikin series when it did come out back in the 80's, but at least I've got the SOC to look forward to in the next couple of months. I guess you can say that my dream will soon become a reality  :) !

373937[/snapback]

damn dude! you live in the O.C. and cant afford a Voltes. Whats up with that?

373807[/snapback]

Ahhh... but when has Bandai ever released an accessory pack for their GFF line when they know they can make a customer buy the same package over and over again only to end up with 2-3 different mechs and a ton of leftover parts?

A neat feature for the PFF line would be realistic weather sheaths over the joints. IE- Thin, tough, material that is actually creasing instead of being molded that way.

373986[/snapback]

If we're going to "dream" about "dream toys", then having accessories is my dream.

373807[/snapback]

373986[/snapback]

If we're going to "dream" about "dream toys", then having accessories is my dream.

373997[/snapback]

Sadly enough for us consumers, it'll probably stay as a dream forever...

:(

:D