The 1/48 Low Vis Ver. 2 And Stealth Thread

wolfx

I don't know what the hell you got there, but I hate to say this, the camo pattern is actually a little better than the new low vis.

:) I have those,man I love those, I bought the entire series back in the 80's(two of each) coolest thing I'd seen stateside back then,still have them in the shrink rap

375570[/snapback]

I'd forgotten about those. Didn't the -1J have an all red camo scheme? Hm. Now I need to find that so I can recreate it on a 1/55, or maybe a Hasegawa kit.

What do the voices in your wallet and savings tell you?   Mine says only get the Stealth w/FP.

I was forced to bludgeon the wallet voices to death when I was searching for my Bandai Elint and SuperO. Now I just hear the occasional whisper. I think they're saying to just get the Super Stealth and ignore the standard stealth. Either that or it's telling me to miss work tomorrow and just get super drunk while watching the clown kung-fu commercial repeatedly.

375430[/snapback]

I just locked my wallet away and I haven't heard a whisper since. Solitary confinement does that to it sometimes. :p But sometimes at night I hear voices in the room and I think it is coming from the other 1/48s telling me they need more bretheran! :o

IMO whining and complaints that lead to a constructive solution are ideals. And as we all know rarely achieved on the NET since everyone is a critic and has an opinion or complaint(s) sooner or later. Also, some people just love to complain and/or hear themselves talk too.

Rather than spending your money once, you spent it twice. In the case of knowing there will be an improved version around the corner, "hate it? Don't buy!" makes sense, but I would argue that it is better to just release a "high quality with no flaws" version from the start to not piss off the early adopter who will feel shortchanged. Who cares whose feelings you offend so long as you are being honest and up front? ...

Sure there are people who just want to voice thier opinion, but the majority can agree on certain things they would like to see:

-more tampo printed detail (or improved stickers)

-nicer box art and smaller packaging

-straight skulls

-no loose head

They are all nitpicks but valid complaints and worth mentioning. We want to hear the good and the bad....

375404[/snapback]

Dude I completely agree about the need for Yamato to fix those QC errors, but I doubt our collective complaints will do anything. Perhaps if there was someone who could pass our concerns on to people with actual pull within Yamato, then, maybe there would be a chance in hell of something constructive being accomplished. Still as someone who has complained in the past about QC errors, yes I too believe it is NOT too much to ask for an error free product, especially after shelling out $150! <_<

As for the Transformers Alternators/Binaltechs... gawd I am so sick of those F'UGLY repaints or UGLIER than HELL licensed only molds I quit! Some Tfans are just grateful we even have anymore Alts, but IMO the way they are going they might as well quit. Mirage looks like he'll be ok but the rest like Prime... :( Look at how pathetic Optimus looks now?! And as a quick sidenote, when they repainted MPP as Magnus, boy that was a stupid move... Magnus sold poorly. They should've done Scourge instead but oh wells.

Hmmm...I think I've seen custom 1/48s here at Macrossworld that look better than what Yamato is planning on releasing. Yamato should have consulted some people here before making a decision on new color schemes.

Look at how pathetic Optimus looks now?! And as a quick sidenote, when they repainted MPP as Magnus, boy that was a stupid move... Magnus sold poorly. They should've done Scourge instead but oh wells.

I agree. alt prime is wierd, and a proper MP magnus would have been so much better, no matter how you spin it or how an owner of them will use damage control to make themselves feel good. :D

The thing is even if complaint won't do any good and it is unlikley that the company will do anything about it, people will still do it anyway. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Hey, HG stole japanese model kits from almost every sci-fi show of the 80's! And when they ran out of ideas for the names, they named them like the shows they appeared on. Check that "Orguss II" for example (The sequel didn't even exist at that time!). And did you noticed that the battloids legs are backwards? That line was sooo weird!

Ok, back to topic: I too like the Robotech Changer camo better.

What I'd like to have instead of the camo would be either versions of the minmay guard. I would consider buying 2 of each of those if they came out with both! :blink:;):D:p:lol:

Hey, HG stole japanese model kits from almost every sci-fi show of the 80's! And when they ran out of ideas for the names, they named them like the shows they appeared on. Check that "Orguss II" for example (The sequel didn't even exist at that time!). And did you noticed that the battloids legs are backwards? That line was sooo weird!

Couple quick corrections.

1) The ROBOTECH line of models existed before HG's Robotech cartoon. Revell was just importing models under the name. It's definitely not something anyone should label as "stealing" because it allowed american model builders to build cool mechs... long before anyone was interested in distributing japanese cartoons in the US.

2) I'm pretty sure the Orguss II were in the original Orguss cartoon... either that or my Hong Kong subs are really bad. I believe Kei piloted the original Orguss and Olsen later piloted the Orguss II (either that or cannon fodder Orguss were called the Orguss IIs). Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the Transformers Alternators/Binaltechs... gawd I am so sick of those F'UGLY repaints or UGLIER than HELL licensed only molds I quit! Some Tfans are just grateful we even have anymore Alts, but IMO the way they are going they might as well quit. Mirage looks like he'll be ok but the rest like Prime... :( Look at how pathetic Optimus looks now?! And as a quick sidenote, when they repainted MPP as Magnus, boy that was a stupid move... Magnus sold poorly. They should've done Scourge instead but oh wells.

375634[/snapback]

Off topic Alt. Prime is the single worst idea they've had for the BT/Alt. line so far, i think only Battle Ravage comes close to rank in how awful of an idea this was for a character.

As for the QC issues with the past yamato 1/48's i really doubt we'll be getting much better than what we've been seeing. It's all hit or miss unfortanetly and if they haven't taken a serious stance on it by now i really don't have a good feeling that they'll take the issue anymore serious with the next releases... unless of course they have to have mass recalls because of a glaring problem, but i'd rather they just have shoddy QC here and there than something major befall an entire release of valks. It's just a shame that we have to pay so much for one of them, when the one you pick up just happens to be one of the misses. <_<

Edited by Veritas

What I'd like to have instead of the camo would be either versions of the minmay guard. I would consider buying 2 of each of those if they came out with both!  :blink:  ;)  :D  :p  :lol:

375957[/snapback]

I'd love a Minmay Guard version too, don't care which one it is.

What I'd like to have instead of the camo would be either versions of the minmay guard. I would consider buying 2 of each of those if they came out with both!  :blink:  ;)  :D  :p  :lol:

375957[/snapback]

I'd love a Minmay Guard version too, don't care which one it is.

376008[/snapback]

That would awesome to have. of the two Minmay guard versions I want the Moon Act. Yeah I'd have to get bunch of those.

Sigh....too bad kurt, and the rest of the customisers are far away from me. Otherwise i'd get them to customise me an Enigma and Minmay guard. :(

Shipping back and forth will kill me.

Reading the New Record Price For Low Vis thread, I just had a thought:

If Yamato is calling the Camo Valk "Low Vis Ver.2", this pretty much kills the possibility of re-issuing the original Low Vis. If they do try and re-issue the original Low Vis, how are they going to label the box? Maybe this explain the above insane Ebay transaction.

Reading the New Record Price For Low Vis thread, I just had a thought:

If Yamato is calling the Camo Valk "Low Vis Ver.2", this pretty much kills the possibility of re-issuing the original Low Vis.  If they do try and re-issue the original Low Vis, how are they going to label the box?  Maybe this explain the above insane Ebay transaction.

376095[/snapback]

low viz version 1 2nd edition

Couple quick corrections.

1) The ROBOTECH line of models existed before HG's Robotech cartoon. Revell was just importing models under the name. It's definitely not something anyone should label as "stealing" because it allowed american model builders to build cool mechs... long before anyone was interested in distributing japanese cartoons in the US.

2) I'm pretty sure the Orguss II were in the original Orguss cartoon... either that or my Hong Kong subs are really bad. I believe Kei piloted the original Orguss and Olsen later piloted the Orguss II (either that or cannon fodder Orguss were called the Orguss IIs). Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

My bad. Thanks, Jenius.

Hold on to your hats folks:

post-540-1141415313.jpg

Yep, 1/48 GBP armor for the Low Vis 2 will be coming! I don't have the pricing info yet, but as soon as we do, I'll have the pre-orders up. BTW, we do have the pre-orders up for the new low vis, stealth, and the new valk stands. Please check the thread HERE.

EDIT: Just noticed the other thread about the camo gbp. * smacks self *

Edited by twinmoons

I'd forgotten about those. Didn't the -1J have an all red camo scheme? Hm. Now I need to find that so I can recreate it on a 1/55, or maybe a Hasegawa kit.

375613[/snapback]

*snip the picture*

check out http://www.robotechmuseum.com/modelsindex.html for the other schemes

375614[/snapback]

Don't forget to put the battroid legs on backwards too, to match the picture. :p I've always wondered... did the instructions have it that way, or did whoever build the kit for the photo goof up?

Edited by Penguin

Don't forget to put the battroid legs on backwards too, to match the picture.  :p I've always wondered... did the instructions have it that way, or did whoever build the kit for the photo goof up?

376256[/snapback]

That's a good question. The instructions showed the correct placement of the legs, as they were basically just english-language reprints of the original Imai/Bandai instructions. In actuality, I think that Revell went their own way with the paint schemes and packaging images just to further differentiate their 'Robotech' models from the japanese originals.

I had a lot of these as a kid too, and remember getting my first 'Vexar' (VF-1S Roy) well before the Robotech show ever aired. These were cool kits, identical to the originals, down to the decal sheets, except for the box art etc.

The VF-0 had GBP armor on when it was on an aircraft carrier. It just makes a battloid into a more destroid type vehicle. I actually think that makes sense for the camo-theme. This thing could be stationed in jungles as heavy defense with the alternative of pursuit by ditching the GBP.

Don't forget to put the battroid legs on backwards too, to match the picture.  I've always wondered... did the instructions have it that way, or did whoever build the kit for the photo goof up?

The other two modes have the legs right so it must have just been a goof-up.

Edited by jenius

Here, I'm going to indulge in a bit of nitpicking. I'd be more receptive to these releases if they were called something different. For instance, the "Low Visibility Version 2" should have been called "Camoflage Color Scheme." Sure, camoflage is, by definition, low visibility, but "low visibility" is so closely associated with the gray scheme of the limited edition. I'd rather see "Low Visibility Version 2" on a -1J or -1S variant of the gray one. On a side note, a camoflage box would be pretty cool with this one.

Also, I'm not a fan of "Stealth Type." I'd rather this have been called, for instance, "Ghost Scheme," "Shadow Scheme," "Special Operations Scheme," or whatever. When I look at this one, I don't think of a stealth fighter.

Just my $.02.

Was there an official name for the credit card valk? I keep calling it the credit card valk which sounds stupid.

When I look at this one, I don't think of a stealth fighter.

It's the "Goth" paint scheme.

It's a custom valk that one of ivanov's friends made so he could get revenge on roy for killing him after the unification wars. Of course this event didn't make it into the tv series and roy got beaten by a stray bullet instead. Instead of roy dying from loss of blood he was to have a stand off at the end of the series with this guy after SW I but it never happened. /jk

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Actually, I think Yamato is already doing a bit of back paddling on the Camo Low-Vis naming, well at least on the GBP.2 armor pics anyway (Lowvisibility Camouflage Version). It sounds sluggish but at least it is an effort to correct it, wondering if they will use that for the camo low-vis.

Here, I'm going to indulge in a bit of nitpicking.  I'd be more receptive to these releases if they were called something different. 

376508[/snapback]