The 1/48 Low Vis Ver. 2 And Stealth Thread

wolfx

I don't think these were posted yet.

Pictures and info thanks to Eddieyew from www.play.com forums.

Latest Update

=========

1/48 VF-1J stealths type

発売日: 2006年4月下旬発売予定

定価:15,540 Yen

00916.jpg

1/48 VF-1A robiji 仕樣 (迷彩Ver.)

発売日: 2006年5月下旬発売予定

定価:15,540 Yen

00918.jpg

Macross Display stand - plated version é金版本

定価:4,095 Yen

00914.jpg

Macross Display Stand - black version 黑版本

定価:4,095 Yen

00915.jpg

Oh my God!!! :blink:

That stealth will be mine!!!

Cool that they are doing a new LV, but i gotta say i'm not crazy about it.

Will the low viz be limited like the original?

If not, i don't think i will get it.

The Steath for sure though!!! I love way it looks!! :D

Things to get this year for sure..........

1. 1/48 VF-1J Steath

2. 1/60 VF-0S

3. 1/15 Megazone Garland transforming motorcycle

The low viz looks better here than the WF photos. Especially the ones in gerwalk and fighter mode. I like that gerwalk pose with the yammie stand in the stand pics. ;)

And the stealth looks kinda good too. I'd hit it. ;)

Not a big fan of the LV2, but I do like the Stealth. I'll get that one at least.

I'm surprised noones mentioned this, even MORE surprised that I didn't even think this at first glance, but now that I see the low viz once more(looks a bit toned down), it RESEMBLES the JASDF Mitsubishi F-1 camo! The kite symbol is red as it is, so it reminds me of the japanese military logo. (the red sun). Anyways a lot of JASDF F-1s have black noses/trim, and VERY similarly colored/styled camo. So if anything this is a throwback/nod to the JASDF, and now that I think about it, I truly believe it was inevitable that we would get something like this. And the missles are grey now! So I actually like it now. And I guess its "low viz" per se in regards to certain regions of japan. So to me it finally makes sense. Besides the F-1 is retiring pretty soon so I definitely think this is an homage.

But I think it should be called "mitsubishi omage VF-1" rather than "low viz 2". I think the stealth valk should be called "low viz 2". The black shield is really throwing me off, I wish it was the light or dark grey on the camo itself to match, it stands out too much.

I'm surprised noones mentioned this, even MORE surprised that I didn't even think this at first glance, but now that I see the low viz once more(looks a bit toned down), it RESEMBLES the JASDF Mitsubishi F-1 camo!  The kite symbol is red as it is, so it reminds me of the japanese military logo.  (the red sun).  Anyways a lot of JASDF F-1s have black noses/trim, and VERY similarly colored/styled camo.  So if anything this is a throwback/nod to the JASDF, and now that I think about it, I truly believe it was inevitable that we would get something like this. And the missles are grey now! So I actually like it now.  And I guess its "low viz" per se in regards to certain regions of japan.  So to me it finally makes sense.  Besides the F-1 is retiring pretty soon so I definitely think this is an homage. 

But I think it should be called "mitsubishi omage VF-1" rather than "low viz 2". I think the stealth valk should be called "low viz 2".  The black shield is really throwing me off, I wish it was the light or dark grey on the camo itself to match, it stands out too much.

373448[/snapback]

Yea! u're right!! here's some pics i found of the Mitsubishi F-1... they definitely are similar...

0966725.jpg

0966724.jpg

here's a model version of the F-1

01.jpg

knowing that this is based off a real life fighter.... it looks more and more intriguing and nice... i like it!!!

now the stealth.... i think this paint scheme looks a whole lot better than the original LV.... its more detailed.... the paint is very evenly distributed and it looks very balanced..... these pics definitely make this new releases worthy IMO....

Anyone know if the new stands will support the gunpod for the 1/48's in Fighter Mode?

I know it does for the 1/60 VF-0S.

373452[/snapback]

Unless they release a new clip attachment for the 1/48's, i don't think they will.... i heard the 1/60 VF-0 comes w/ the yamato stand attachment....

or i may be wrong... maybe it was the new stands that came w/ the VF-0 attachment... haha...

At least Yamato is trying.

I for one am not fond of the VF-1A LV2, it looks odd.

The VF-1J Stealth is a bit appealing, but looks like someone just customized a valk with matte colors.

Valk Stand Chrome - I like it. It would work well with a shelf that has a mirrored background. The stand would seem to dissapear and the valk would appear to be in flight.

Valk Stand Black - Same as chrome, just a black background. I like it.

$200 with, $160 without. Then again, sounds like most of us will pass so it doesn't matter, although the idea of having limited edition, stealth colored 'Paks is tempting.

I wonder if the pictures shown previously will reflect what the boxes will look like?

Edited by myk