Fan Art Of The Month Contest

EXO

Starting March we're going to have a Monthly Fan Art Contest to be featured as a thumbnail on the main page. The thumbnail will be linked to the thread that the piece of art is featured on.

This can be any picture (CG, Photoshop or handdrawn), model or custom toy that a member created (or any combination of, as long as it's entirely created by the same member) Members can also team up but it has to be conceptualized as a team from the beginning. Meaning one member cannot take another member's previously finished model or toy and superimpose it on some background.

Each month I'll start a thread that any one can enter or nominate another members finished artwork. And on the 15th of that month I'll start a poll for all the nominations. And the artwork with the most votes at the end of the month will be the one featured on the Main Page. I know it's not much but hopefully it'll get our creative juices flowing!

Thanks!

Edited by >EXO<

LOL... Nah let's just leave it like that for now.

That pic is freaking amazing!

It's also a good example of what we're looking forward to. I'm actually excited to enter the contest myself... maybe I'll be the only one and win by default! :lol:

Edited by >EXO<

I'm thinking the thread. But if anyone has any ideas we can still discuss it. I was also thnking that we have to make the entry one picture. Not multiple. The artist can have multiple pictures in their thread but as far as the entry in the monthly poll it'll be just one finished picture. I have to stress "finished" to make sure no WIPs are entered. The pic in the example couldn't win because it's a WIP.

Nice! now I've got to stop procrasinating and start drawing again. When's this start? and are you going to have like a main theme for each month for ppl to draw about?

373269[/snapback]

We can start at any time. You guys already have something to turn in?

OK. I'm game.

12884_300054.jpg

You know what would be a great idea? Taking it even further by requiring that the image submitted drawing be something new (ie- not something from your portfolio). This will help to generate interest in the fan art and will also push us artists to draw more.

Every month, there will be a deadline for submissions which can be sent straight to a willing Moderator (>EXO<, for example). At the deadline, the Mod will create that month's poll/thread, loading each image up in it's own post. By having the Mod post the images, it will keep them un-named as an attempt to dissuade favoritism. To be fair, they will be posted in the order they were submitted to the Mod. Then a week or so of voting will begin to determine who will be the winner. Once voting is complete, the image is posted and the artists themselves can then open a thread and link to their image itself for general discussion.

Two problems:

1) What if we have more fan art than available poll options?

2) What if there is no fan art for that month?

Eh... just an idea.

I guess we can do it anonymously, but I can pretty much tell whose style is whose. Maybe everyone else can. But I was thinking we start a thread where all the entries are posted, then we start a poll at the 15th of the month to begin voting. It'd be a shame to think people would vote for art just because they get along with the artist. Maybe if we just put up a reminder each time that it's not a popularity contest and it's for the sake of pure fun and to encourage good quality Macross fan art.

If there's no entry in one month then we display the previous month's second place, so on and so forth.

I was also thinking if there was a way, maybe we can do a calendar near the end of the year, if we can figure out how to do it cheaply. Or maybe a collage poster.

I, myself dont really care about winners or losers, I just want to see good finished fanart, like we used to have when I first joined the forums.

Holy crap... today's the last day of the month... I'll start the thread now!

Edited by >EXO<