How Do You Handle Yamato's Floodgates?

feudallordcult

go with the original. trust me on this. kyatsu  ;)
I'm a newbie collector, so I only got the Super Stealth.  However, I also picked up the reissue VF-1S Hikaru the same month.  I plan on getting the GBP armour sometime this month, not sure if I should go original or LV scheme ..... would love the VF-0S as well ... maybe for July.

:)

407706[/snapback]

407791[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice Kyatsu - will do!

no prob. i'm just not sure if the stealth would look good with tint green armor. i think it will look good with the regular armor. just looking out for a fellow macross fan. kyatsu ;)

Thanks for the advice Kyatsu - will do!

408056[/snapback]

1. i'm not single but i'm not married so that right there is about an extra $30K in my pocket. :lol:

2. i used to be a completist but its was getting ridiculous, why buy stuff i don't really like? the only complete collection of anything i have is the 1/60 line(1/72 and 1/100 don't really count).

3. on average i think yamato releases about 3-4 toys per year so i save $450-$600 knowing its going towards macross goodies. as far as the fear of aftermarket prices, i have none...at least not anymore.

1. married with two kids, maybe one more on the way.

2. i only buy what i like. which is at least one of everything.

3. i work side jobs for it.  none of my regular pay goes to toys.  any overtime goes to guns/computers/video games.  all side jobs go to Macross/Anime.

372324[/snapback]

What kind of guns do you have or collect? Do you prefre beretta or glock?

402347[/snapback]

post-1808-1150399278.gif

Well so far I am surviving. Now to look for a house.  :D  My haul: 12 Stealths Strike, 4 VF-0S, and 8 LV2.  Key is that I am selling stuff I dont want anymore. ;)

408477[/snapback]

Godzilla - If you want to sell a MIB Yamato 1/48 DYRL VF-1A Max, please let me know!!! Maybe we can work out a deal ....

I've handled the floodgates by working my @ss off in overtime, and making some good deals that let me buy what I wanted, even some of the trivial things. Right now, my collection is also in 1/55 scale, and a few 1/60 stuff, so the 1/48 rage I haven't had to worry about. I'm not much into that, but if I do get one, I know it'll be bad for me. There goes all my savings. :D

I'm in a committed relationship, and my girlfriend is very supportive of my collection and toy habbits. She likes Macross, Robotech, Transformers, so I don't have to worry about hiding them from the girl and stuff. Some of her own collection is mixed in with mine as well, so it works out good.

As far as being a completist or not, I'm not. I buy what I can, and I buy what I like. Anything to make the air base grow in number :D

Well so far I am surviving. Now to look for a house.  :D  My haul: 12 Stealths Strike, 4 VF-0S, and 8 LV2.  Key is that I am selling stuff I dont want anymore. ;)

408477[/snapback]

Godzilla - If you want to sell a MIB Yamato 1/48 DYRL VF-1A Max, please let me know!!! Maybe we can work out a deal ....

408504[/snapback]

I have 5 of them. :D No they are not for sale. I should say the key is that I am selling other toys that I am not longer interested like Star Wars... :rolleyes: No valks unless you can pay a high price...

I have 5 of them. :D  No they are not for sale. I should say the key is that I am selling other toys that I am not longer interested like Star Wars...  :rolleyes: No valks unless you can pay a high price...

No worries - but you know I had to at least ask ....

:(

feudalcultlord, just my two cents but if you are serious about collecting you might want to make an honest evaluation of your financial situation and especially your debts.

Going into any debt over toys is one of the stupidiest things you can do in your life. <_< As hard as it sounds live within your means and if that means you cannot purchase all of the new 1/48 or other Macross goodies, so be it, accept it and enjoy what you CAN afford. If you are willing to work a second or third job to fund this hobby that is your decision, but do not LIVE for your collection you know? There are so many other important people and experiences in life than accumulating things.

Worse go worse, you can always purchase them as they reissue them in the future and you KNOW they will do so! Good luck and feel free to pm if you need to discuss more. :)

373441[/snapback]

go into debt cos of toys?! no way in hell man! :blink: then again, where i come from, it is impossible for one to be debt free. anyone who wishes to know why can pm me. peace, over and out.

So now that a new tidbit from Yamato is releasing the YF-19, does this now changes your situation?

410252[/snapback]

So Godzilla, how many VF-19 1/60's are YOU planning on buying?!?!

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Vermillion21

speaking of floodgates, besides everyone going spastic about the 19 coming out, has anyone heard anything about Yamato getting another round of the vf-0S going? I kinda missed that one ... <_<

Edited by Phren

Yeah, I missed it too.

I thought I'd wait for a second production run of the VF-0S so there would be less QC issues. Now with the VF-0A and the 1/60 VF-19 coming, I think the VF-0S will have to get to the back of the line.

Yamato, please take your time with developing a VF-21 you might have planned.

for me, just like others i had to cut off some eating-outside expenses and eat at home!..also, Ive to work my ass through an internship rather than working in the U which pays a lot better...well, at least I get the money + experience + more Yamatooossss

ospp..I think I dont actually get the $$ since theyre all gone to my Yamatos...darn it (kicks rock) <_<

speaking of floodgates, besides everyone going spastic about the 19 coming out, has anyone heard anything about Yamato getting another round of the vf-0S going? I kinda missed that one ...  <_<

411119[/snapback]

I think I read that they are due to arrive in July ....