For All The Hot Girl Fans

jwinges

A friend sent me this link. Since most on this site have a healthy fascination of Asian hotties I though I'd post the link. This is somebody's virtual hottie. BTW this is barely safe for work.

http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID...e=1&rating=nsfw

Too bad we can't have gif images as Avatars anymore.

Edited by jwinges

That's Tifa and that's stolen from a Japanese cg site.  Don't you love how the west steals everything and never gives credit?

371995[/snapback]

Yeah. Only Westerners steal and post crap on the internet that is legally owned by someone else.

I wonder what that huge bootleg movie business in the East is doing there.

It's the internet, man. People very rarely give credit where it's due when it's downloadable - it doesn't matter what hemisphere they live on.

Edited by Blaine23

It's the internet, man. People very rarely give credit where it's due when it's downloadable - it doesn't matter what hemisphere they live on.

372037[/snapback]

You know, I'm proud to be an American but it really scares me to think that there are people that hold Western Culture as the root of all that is evil in the world. Now, the dark force that is Western influence has not only stolen the Macross steaming fish head, but Tifa Cloud's bouncing womanliness as well...

Edited by myk

That's Tifa and that's stolen from a Japanese cg site.  Don't you love how the west steals everything and never gives credit?

371995[/snapback]

Yeah. Only Westerners steal and post crap on the internet that is legally owned by someone else.

I wonder what that huge bootleg movie business in the East is doing there.

372037[/snapback]

Okay maybe I should explain a bit more. There's a reason that a lot of Japanese artists don't like to respond to emails from people in the west and some have a riddle in Japanese to answer to get into their sites. Lots of western people, and I didn't specifically say American, because damn the French love to take everything for free, find art on a Japanese site, take it and put in on their site without permission and without credit. Not to mention all these people who write to the more famous artists in English asking "can you draw this, this, this, and this character for me?".

It's gotten to such a point that some artists have that riddle thing, or have right click disabled, use flash or java to display their stuff. Whatever to make it difficult for people to save their stuff. Call it a total lack of respect, cultural difference, or whatever.

The east has its own share of problems, don't get me wrong. But as some of you have just demonstrated, the west views things like stealing stuff on the internet as alright and normal.

I didn't post a link to Incise Soul because a link to a place that shows titties would be frowned upon by the mods. :p I'm just putting things from a more international point of view. You see things differently when you live abroad for a while.

The east has its own share of problems, don't get me wrong.  But as some of you have just demonstrated, the west views things like stealing stuff on the internet as alright and normal.

I'm just putting things from a more international point of view.  You see things differently when you live abroad for a while.

372247[/snapback]

I think you've got it a bit wrong. Anyone who's used the internet or developed web for years views things like stealing stuff on the internet as unavoidable.

And I've also lived abroad, I just didn't develop a bias against Western culture while I did.

As an artist myself, I think anybody putting their stuff on the internet shouldn't be too surprised that it often ends up getting reused. At least for the most part on the internet, this isn't for profit.

However, if I wanted to bash the East, I could certainly mention millions of dollars in bootleg DVDs sold for profit without paying royalties. This happens in the West too, but it's far worse in HK.

Theft of intellectual property is a universal issue, not an East/West one.

It's not limited to visual art or non-commercial or anything like that, either. It IS just a fundamentally diffrent viewpoint.

Japan's been very light on the emulation front, and as I understand things, most of that's because they view it as wrong and evil to pirate software that's been out of print for 2 decades.

The exceptions tend to be on "hard core" systems like the Saturn and X68000, though there was A decent FamiCom emulator from Japan for a while.

(For the record, SSF's latest release is probably the first truly viable Saturn emulator, though it takes a hell of a machine).

The east has its own share of problems, don't get me wrong.  But as some of you have just demonstrated, the west views things like stealing stuff on the internet as alright and normal.

I'm just putting things from a more international point of view.  You see things differently when you live abroad for a while.

372247[/snapback]

I think you've got it a bit wrong. Anyone who's used the internet or developed web for years views things like stealing stuff on the internet as unavoidable.

And I've also lived abroad, I just didn't develop a bias against Western culture while I did.

As an artist myself, I think anybody putting their stuff on the internet shouldn't be too surprised that it often ends up getting reused. At least for the most part on the internet, this isn't for profit.

However, if I wanted to bash the East, I could certainly mention millions of dollars in bootleg DVDs sold for profit without paying royalties. This happens in the West too, but it's far worse in HK.

Theft of intellectual property is a universal issue, not an East/West one.

372479[/snapback]

I guess we just have different views on this issue then Blaine. :p

so apparantly there's a study that's been done that demonstrates that when people are confronted with logical reasoning that goes against their notions of reality, they just shut down that part of the brain that process things with logic and reason...