Hellsing Ova

Wesker99

Well, I searched and couldn't find anything on this.

Apparently the the first episode of the new Hellsing OVA was released on Feb. 10th. As usual, I can't find any decent information on it. Has anyone seen it yet? What do you think?

I liked the TV show, but it kinda got wacky after a while, with the creating characters that weren't in the manga and all. I've heard that this OVA is supposed to follow the manga more closely, but you know. That's basically all I've heard.

Here's the link for anyone who can read Japanese. http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anim...sing/index.html

NINJA EDIT: Interesting how I didn't capitalize OVA in the title :blink:

REAL EDIT: Sweet Baby Jesus, like 10 minutes after I posted this someone on another forum posted a link to a fansub of the first episode. I won't go into anymore detail unless I get the ok from someone higher up (There's all sorts of iMacross stuff floating around this forum, and you can buy Macross in the US, so I don't see why it would be that bad.. :rolleyes: )

Edited by Wesker99

I'm not sure yet. It's apparently very good quality video / audio so it's it's 700mb and 50minutes long. Subtitled by BF-BoH? I've never heard of em.

http://taldora.homeunix.net:6969/torrent.h...80f3174ce64fa0d

It's MKV format and has soft subtitles with it. 24fps too. Apparently the RAW that was released was 120fps. That's an ridiculously high number for people with anything short of a powerhouse PC, and 24 is just fine for a fansub IMO.

Again, I can't find anything that say's I can't post a link to this torrent file, but if there's a rule somewhere that I couldn't find in the FAQ please notify me and I'll remove the link ASAP. Don't want to make anyone mad. ;)

The CCCP pack works among the best. It's handled everything I've thrown at it.

Can't wait to see this new Hellsing. Hope the download finishes soon.

wait...is this the OVA where all the scenes are just a remake from the series? (The fight scenes between the priest and alucard?) If that's it, I would say meh...

371644[/snapback]

I actually just finished watching it. It covers the beginning of the manga, which is pretty much the only part they were faithful to in the TV show. It may seem like a remake right now, but I guess if they remain faithful to the manga longer than the TV show did it'll be top notch stuff. Very well done I think. Subtitles were fine too.

wait...is this the OVA where all the scenes are just a remake from the series?

371644[/snapback]

It's to be an OVA directly following the manga. The first series was more of a gloss-over of the beginning chapters and then went it's own way. The manga has some excellent material and should be a great little ride.

Now if the crappy CG has been axed over smoothed over from the trailer.... <_<

That completely rocked. Love Hellsing. This is definitely pretty close to the Manga. The credits had shots of the Zeppelin and they showed the the crazy Nazi guy briefly too.

Cool.

What great news!!! I always thought the 1st TV show was abit too clean. Sarah is alot darker and kicks alot more butts in the manga. Hope we get to see Harkonnen II in action, IMO nothing sexier than girls with big guns!! ^_^

I hated the TV series with a passion. It was boring and repetitive. Alucard owns the vampire of the week and proceeds to kill off a non-important vamp by the name of Incognito in the end. Ho hummm....don't remember much else.

That kinda made me stay away from all things hellsing, and even the manga doesn't interest me. The OVA was pretty cool though. Very stylised. Lots of dark shots and shiny teeth with evil grins. :lol:

Non-stop blood spurting action all da way. And I love how everyone greets everyone by their full name coupla times. Integral Wingates Hellsing what? ROFLMAO! Then proceed to narrate the whole situation to unimportant people like what the bullets are made off, or who the Hellsing organisation are, or what the Vatican and bio-regeneration are. Important information nonetheless.

Want more. ;)